Confirmed with Link: The worst day in Sharks history (DeMelo re-signed: 2yr/$900k per)

Maladroit

May 9, 2018
Berkeley, CA
3 goals in 9 games. 25 goal pace
15 in 46 games. 24 goal pace
4 in 3 games. Not sustainable so not worth it.
9 in 30 games. 23 goal pace.

Considering he was known as a goal scorer those are pretty average numbers for a prolific goal scorer.

Meier in the ahl was a better scorer then goldobin was.

And goldobin showed promise in the only aspect of his game that was nhl ready and that was when the puck was on his stick. When he didn't have the puck on his stick he was and still is pretty useless.

Huh? When the hell was Goldobin known as a goal scorer? He's always been a playmaking winger going back to the OHL. Anyway the only relevant comparison between his and Meier's AHL stats are their respective draft+2 seasons when Goldobin scored 0.73 points per game and Meier scored 0.70. They're both early October birthdays so they were essentially the exact same age for those seasons and the production is indistinguishable (although Meier was on a much better Barracuda team).

Not gonna get into another Goldobin argument. He's probably a bust at this point but he could salvage his career if he can stick with the Canucks and have an impact this season. But his AHL production at a young age was definitely very promising, just as promising as Meier's if not moreso. And Meier was a top ten pick while Goldobin went late in the first.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
3 goals in 9 games. 25 goal pace
15 in 46 games. 24 goal pace
4 in 3 games. Not sustainable so not worth it.
9 in 30 games. 23 goal pace.

Considering he was known as a goal scorer those are pretty average numbers for a prolific goal scorer.

Meier in the ahl was a better scorer then goldobin was.

And goldobin showed promise in the only aspect of his game that was nhl ready and that was when the puck was on his stick. When he didn't have the puck on his stick he was and still is pretty useless.

Huh? When the hell was Goldobin known as a goal scorer? He's always been a playmaking winger going back to the OHL. Anyway the only relevant comparison between his and Meier's AHL stats are their respective draft+2 seasons when Goldobin scored 0.73 points per game and Meier scored 0.70. They're both early October birthdays so they were essentially the exact same age for those seasons and the production is indistinguishable (although Meier was on a much better Barracuda team).

Not gonna get into another Goldobin argument. He's probably a bust at this point but he could salvage his career if he can stick with the Canucks and have an impact this season. But his AHL production at a young age was definitely very promising, just as promising as Meier's if not moreso. And Meier was a top ten pick while Goldobin went late in the first.

Meh, those barracuda teams have been dreadful (barring the one year it had talent with heed and ryan on the team). Hard to pull meaningful data off points when most of the teams were full of grinders. Also yes, Goldobin was known as a playmaker with shiftyness and good hands vs being a goal scorer.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Still disappointed this happened. Pay isn't bad at all, but 2 years and a guaranteed spot in the lineup sucks ass.

Pete holds other guys responsible for their play but trotted Dylan back out there after his beautiful assist to Niederreiter. Hell, Hansen was scratched multiple times after registering points in games on the 4th line!

There's no rhyme or reason for what the coach does with some of the players, and it sends a mixed message about accountability.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I keep seeing this as the worst day in Sharks history. I still think the Reverse sweep from LA was so much worse. This is peanuts compared to that.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
I keep seeing this as the worst day in Sharks history. I still think the Reverse sweep from LA was so much worse. This is peanuts compared to that.
I'm pretty sure that the histrionics are part of the joke.:laugh: But thanks for reminding me of the worst day of my Sharks fandom.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach

For me it was having glass seats and watching that shitty guy Crosby and his merry band of assholes lift the cup and parade around on Shark ice. I was generating enough salt to put Morton out of business.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
One of the SJ pot stores should name a strain after him... "Yeah, I'll have a quarter ounce of demelo, and a bag of Cheetos, please".

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
You know, in hindsight this thread title reminds me of a few years ago when someone posted that the Sharks were one of the worst teams in the league in January and then the Sharks made the playoffs. It's amazing how things work here on HFBoards. ;)

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
giphy.gif

Reactions: Sandisfan

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
The bumping of this thread reminded me that Ottawa could have had Demelo for free instead of as one of the centerpieces of the Karlsson trade.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
The bumping of this thread reminded me that Ottawa could have had Demelo for free instead of as one of the centerpieces of the Karlsson trade.

Honestly, I believe that DeMelo ignored the offers from other teams because he loved it so much here and wanted to play here forever. He could have got something better than this.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
No appreciation thread for Demelo? Not that I would want one other than to celebrate his departure.

However, Tierney deserves one.

Reactions: PackShark

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad