Confirmed with Link: The worst day in Sharks history (DeMelo re-signed: 2yr/$900k per)

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Tierney’s -3 last night is a lot more sustainable than the 3 assists he had on the power play. He was always terrible defensively at even strength even when he did score points. Tierney’s 0.358 PPG in 324 regular season+playoff games as a Shark is a lot more unsustainable than his 1.5 PPG in 6 games as a Senator.

Tierney had a terrible playoffs where he was thoroughly outplayed by Cody Eakin. He has always been terrible defensively at even strength and people conveniently forgot that because he was a strong penalty killer. The Sharks are much better off for having replaced him with a Finnish UFA who has never played an NHL game before and that should be quite telling.
I think he was only good on the pk because he was so risk-averse that he never abandoned his lanes.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Tierny has looked good but not great.

Those numbers are flattering to his actual play.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Tierny has looked good but not great.

Those numbers are flattering to his actual play.

I posted this in the main boards but I figured I would post it here because it’s so hilarious that it’s worth repeating:

Oh my god, Tierney’s underlying metrics are terrible. At 5V5, he is shooting at 100%. How is that terrible, you say? Because he’s got all of 1 ****ing shot on goal. On one shot attempt.

That’s right. In 4 games, over the course of over 52 minutes played Chris Tierney has one shot attempt at 5V5. He’s also got a 42.86% GF, despite rocking a 1.029 PDO.

The reason that he had somewhat of a breakout year last year was because he had big Timo Meier playing next to him. When he played without Meier, he was TERRIBLE.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I think this trade was good for both teams honestly. It's working out well for both teams. It wasn't robbery as some suggest.

No, it was still a robbery. The Sens are doing OK with the pieces they got, but there is no version of things where the pieces they got are as impactful as Erik Karlsson can be.

Reactions: Deku

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Nah. In bizarro world DeMelo was the 2-time defending Norris winner that the Sharks had to trade because his contract demands were too outrageous and it was cheaper to take on 1 year of perennially disappointing Erik Karlsson in the hope that maybe he'd finally reach his potential.

Also in bizarro world Balcers wasn't my favorite prospect. It was Jake Jackson.

Reactions: tiburon12

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Nah. In bizarro world DeMelo was the 2-time defending Norris winner that the Sharks had to trade because his contract demands were too outrageous and it was cheaper to take on 1 year of perennially disappointing Erik Karlsson in the hope that maybe he'd finally reach his potential.

Also in bizarro world Balcers wasn't my favorite prospect. It was Jake Jackson.

maybe we've entered bizarro world post trade?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad