OT: The Wonder OT Thread (what is the secret of off topic?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Havent. Do tell ACH...
It’s a (to my knowledge)very good authentic Mexican restaurant not far from Rocky Point. It’s in an old heritage home on site Clarke street among residential homes. Sit down with a Sopa Azteca and figure out what else you may like to order.

1673841045173.png

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I saw BC Ferries announced the hiring of a new CEO

Is it just me or should the government be looking to hire a public transit manager from Japan? I mean they might resign as soon as they see how the operations running but they might totally transform things. Its so amateur hour here compared to there

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
If you've played the game or not... I highly recommend "The last of us" show.

I played the shit out of both last of us games and am loving the adaption but regardless if you go in blind, I think you'll enjoy it too.

Reactions: Gurn

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
As someone who’s lived overseas for the last 7 years… considering making the move back home to Vancouver

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
If you've played the game or not... I highly recommend "The last of us" show.

I played the shit out of both last of us games and am loving the adaption but regardless if you go in blind, I think you'll enjoy it too.
Watch it blind?

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Jesus. It’s not like I expected The Last of Us to be somehow upbeat. The games are a gruelling emotional toll.

But last night’s episode was one of the saddest things I’ve ever watched. Hats off to the actors involved - but holy shit.
I want a spin off show about this episode yet feel like they already pulled it off in the length of an hour

Gurn

Jan 23, 2023
I want a spin off show about this episode yet feel like they already pulled it off in the length of an hour
I've only seen last night's episode, but have a vague idea of the story involved.
That was one of the best done hour long shows I've seen.
I was expecting a 'hostile' take over; and am grateful it was so much more than that.
Extremely well done, great acting.

Tp paraphrase Doug, Tom Hanks' character from SNL's "Black Jeopardy"-
"If I can laugh and cry in the same hour, that is time well spent".

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
I saw BC Ferries announced the hiring of a new CEO

Is it just me or should the government be looking to hire a public transit manager from Japan? I mean they might resign as soon as they see how the operations running but they might totally transform things. Its so amateur hour here compared to there
Visiting Japan twice has transformed my perception of what public transit and mass transportation can and should be. It's night and day, and part of what's holding us back in North American cities is not even realizing that things CAN be different.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Visiting Japan twice has transformed my perception of what public transit and mass transportation can and should be. It's night and day, and part of what's holding us back in North American cities is not even realizing that things CAN be different.
Build all the trains & stop the airplane and automotive monopolies

Europe is also so much better for this. Their cities are not car centric whatsoever.

Gurn

Jan 23, 2023
In defense of our transportation; if we had the entire population of Canada living in B.C., our transit/trains ferries would be much more efficient.
Van Isle- 12,079 square miles population of Canada 38.6 million
Bc land Mass 365,764 square miles
Japan 140,752 square miles population of Japan 124 million

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004

It's a little more effective when you have the densities that Japan has.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Thread unpinned?

An oldie but still gives me a bit of a chuckle; different contest winner:

toy-yoda-toyota-hooters-prank-gone-wrong-jodee-berry-12-5dd8fe3af091f__700.jpg

It's a little more effective when you have the densities that Japan has.
I *think* the same can be said comparing train service there over here. Freight trains have preference/right of way.

• Haha
Reactions: Chairman Maouth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad