Speculation: The Wings are interested in Horvat

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I move Ras for Horvat easy, if he is the centerpiece of a deal.(As in no 2023 first round pick).

I like Ras, enjoying his improvements. But I don't ever see him being a 30 goal, point per game player.
He's only 23 and is just finding his stride. That is the only hesitation. He has shown that he can go on any line and be an effective player. That is pretty serviceable and worrisome if they are gone.

I can see Pettersson being the guy they’re actually going after. There’s been rumors he’s wanted out for years.
Pettersson is a pipe dream that no one would know is coming until Pettersson is on the plane towards Detroit with how Yzerman plays his cards.

Not hating, just I don't plan on bringing any mental headspace to him coming here because there's no way anyone will know unless you have pillow talk with Yzerman and even then, probably doesn't talk much lmao

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I move Ras for Horvat easy, if he is the centerpiece of a deal.(As in no 2023 first round pick).

I like Ras, enjoying his improvements. But I don't ever see him being a 30 goal, point per game player.

Im not sure I see Horvat being a point per game player either. This is a career year and I dont buy it as the new baseline for Horvat.

He is shooting just under 22%. His career number is 14% which would put him on pace for 33 goals not 52 goals.

His on ice shooting % is also elevated (although not as extreme) at 13.7% when his previous career high was 11.3%.

If you ignore his least productive season but include his most productive seasons he has averaged a 27 goal and 58 point pace per 82 games through his career.

I truly would like to add Horvat because he improves this team but Id tread lightly in regards to what Id be prepared to give up. I do not see him as the answer.

Last edited:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I truly would like to add Horvat because he improves this team but Id tread extremely lightly in regards to what Id be prepared to give up.
I'm more concerned about the salary. Overpaying a player based on a career year always winds up being a disaster.

Stevie is really good at trading, so no worries as far as giving up too many assets. He'll pass on a trade if they ask too much.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Kasper + Edvinsson + 1st is way better than that package...

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
The best comp from the Wings would be Ras, JB and their first.

Kind of hard to do, we don't have C prospect equivalent of Raty(already playing in the league, plus Kasper is a higher level prospect).

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
And worth way more than Bo F'n Horvat

Offering that would be worse than pretty much the last 5yrs of Holland combined.
Yea I aay that to the Vancouver people here saying "you start with kasper and Edvinsson and 1st"

Reactions: SoupNazi

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Yea I aay that to the Vancouver people here saying "you start with kasper and Edvinsson and 1st"
I wouldn't trade that package for Pettersson let alone Horvat.

Was just thinking about it, besides Columbus we have the worst centers in the east right?
Philly and Montreal aren't great either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad