Speculation: The Wings are interested in Horvat

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
He had 5 pts in his first ten games, take those games away and he is still under 50 pts pace
He had 2 points his first 8 games and 3 his first 9, take away those 9 games from his total and hes above a 50 point pace. Its only half a season gone so 2 or 3 points can make his on pace number slook way different. Hes looked like a different player since those first ten games though where he was clearly still getting in shape.

If you want to use on pace numbers, I think, at worst, Yzerman would be projecting him to have 3-5 more points right now when he signed him. And when he signed him he wasnt expecting him to miss all of camp either. If we want to split hairs over that, so be it but the last 2 months of the year I think Yzerman has gotten close to what was expected

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Wings should look towards next season. Trade as many pending UFAs as possible (Larkin, Bertuzzi, Suter, Sundqvist, Erne, Määttä, Oesterle) and make an offer to Horvat in the summer.

They still need a few more years of adding to the current great young core thats being built:

How is this looking to next season? I think you meant "look to next decade" instead.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Do you guys think there's a chance we could trade for Horvat without giving up a 1st round pick?

I don't think we are trade partners for the Canucks. They have said they aren't eyeing picks and prospects for Horvat. They are wanting former 1st rounders who still have good value who have maybe been a disappointment thus far, so they can take a chance on getting some young talent already to be in the NHL. We have Zadina who fits the under performing 1st rounder, but that likely isn't good enough for what the Canucks would want.

They would likely want Kasper at least, plus something bigger than Zadina, which we don't really have.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
I don't think we are trade partners for the Canucks. They have said they aren't eyeing picks and prospects for Horvat. They are wanting former 1st rounders who still have good value who have maybe been a disappointment thus far, so they can take a chance on getting some young talent already to be in the NHL. We have Zadina who fits the under performing 1st rounder, but that likely isn't good enough for what the Canucks would want.

They would likely want Kasper at least, plus something bigger than Zadina, which we don't really have.

Throw them first rounder Joe Veleno with Zadina!

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
He had 2 points his first 8 games and 3 his first 9, take away those 9 games from his total and hes above a 50 point pace. Its only half a season gone so 2 or 3 points can make his on pace number slook way different. Hes looked like a different player since those first ten games though where he was clearly still getting in shape.

If you want to use on pace numbers, I think, at worst, Yzerman would be projecting him to have 3-5 more points right now when he signed him. And when he signed him he wasnt expecting him to miss all of camp either. If we want to split hairs over that, so be it but the last 2 months of the year I think Yzerman has gotten close to what was expected
But he had two pts in his first two games, so you can't just take an arbitrary cutoff point to give him whatever pace you want. Plus, besides whatever pace he is on, he has five goals this year. So yes, he will get some assists with his playing time, but his goal total and just watching the games and seeing how many plays just die on his stick shows just how disappointing his offensive play has been

Reactions: nhlisawesome

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018

Think this fella who wrote this is high as a kite, but;

RED WINGS GET
BO HORVAT

CANUCKS GET
MICHAEL RASMUSSEN
JOE VELENO
ALBERT JOHANSSON

RED WINGS GET
BO HORVAT

CANUCKS GET
JOE VELENO
FILIP HRONEK

RED WINGS GET
BO HORVAT

CANUCKS GET
JAKUB VRANA (50% SALARY RETAINED)
FILIP ZADINA
ALBERT JOHANSSON

I'd do every one of those... put the bong down son. Reading the article the guy seems like a bit of a cadet.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

I'd do every one of those... put the bong down son. Reading the article the guy seems like a bit of a cadet.
I would definitely do the second and third one, but I pause on the first. If we can get Rasmussen to continue this trajectory he is on, he is can be a monumental piece at some point. He is only 23 which is crazy because it seems like he has been on this team for 10 years at this point.

I don't know a lot of albert johansson but I know some people here are high on him. I don't see a lot of updated videos from "HockeyGifs" on twitter that does a lot of red wings players. So, maybe I just keep missing them.

Reactions: SirloinUB

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Dude apparently hasn't been paying attention, it's Hronek + Zadina + 2nd that can be traded for any player on earth including McDavid.

As well as Hronek has played this season (when not paired with Chiarot), I wouldn't trade him unless Horvat got an extension first.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Dude apparently hasn't been paying attention, it's Hronek + Zadina + 2nd that can be traded for any player on earth including McDavid.

As well as Hronek has played this season (when not paired with Chiarot), I wouldn't trade him unless Horvat got an extension first.

Veleno + Zadina + 2024 1st for Horvat (with extension in place after he lands in DET) + Garland (cap dump).

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

GarlicbreadTB

Apr 16, 2015
I think it's pretty obvious if Horvat comes here at the trade deadline, they've behind the scenes discussed if he'd be willing to sign long term or not. So if he comes, he will sign as well.

Reactions: wingerdinger

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think Canucks are gonna go for full firesale in near future, becoming 1-2 years.

They just don't have long-term future even with Pettersson + Hughes. That prospect core is horrible and current player core is average.

Only option is to sell like Sabres did for Reinhart/Ristolainen/Eichel -core and we should target Pettersson.

Hughes is gonna be Devil, at some point. All brothers are destined to same team, when Quinn is UFA.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Call me crazy but I don’t like the idea of trading Veleno. He’s looked realgud for the last 25 games as he’s gotten more ice.

1674774466050.png

Is that being Blashill-level realgud?

I just don't remember Veleno doing anything special. If something special happened with Veleno on the ice, that was usually all Jonathan Berggren.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I think Canucks are gonna go for full firesale in near future, becoming 1-2 years.

They just don't have long-term future even with Pettersson + Hughes. That prospect core is horrible and current player core is average.

Only option is to sell like Sabres did for Reinhart/Ristolainen/Eichel -core and we should target Pettersson.

Hughes is gonna be Devil, at some point. All brothers are destined to same team, when Quinn is UFA.
Pettersson is the exact type of player we need and I think that is who Vrana was going to be for Detroit (offense wise). We need a pure goal scorer that can actual score. Once we get someone like that, we should be in real good shape to move forward. We wouldn't have him as a center though because his FO% is just bad.

If Kaspar becomes the next upgraded version of Larkin, then we will have a pretty good forward group with Pettersson there to contend.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Veleno + Zadina + 2024 1st for Horvat (with extension in place after he lands in DET) + Garland (cap dump).
Good thing you are sending Zadina the other way...He called Garland a midget at the beginning of last season in a post game presser. I believe it was the game he and Garland were going at it in the corner for a while.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

I do every one of those and buy the plane tickets myself.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1