Speculation: The Wings are interested in Horvat

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
The source mentioned the Colorado Avalanche, Detroit Red Wings, Carolina Hurricanes, and Seattle Kraken as other teams interested in acquiring Horvat.

What do you think they'd give up for him?

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan

Bertuzzi and Vrana with retention and a pick.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Rutherford in his presser yesterday said that they are targeting young players with upside that may have underperformed or underwhelmed during their ELC. He says he prefers this over draft picks whom would carry the same risk of busting.

- He also said he wants more draft picks and wants to add to the Canucks prospect pipeline. Most of these u24s are probably additions and not the main piece to a big trade for someone like Horvat.

Seems to be Rutherford is now smoking some pipe, Yzerman should get an advance.

Package Zadina on that deal, please.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Didn't Vancouver say they want unfulfilled reclamation projects rather than picks?

Suter, Zadina, pick a D kid that isn't Ed, and a 2nd cuz lols

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Reportedly Yzerman has been after him for the past 2 years, Package something around Bertuzzi and Zadina. Plus Horvat grew up a Red Wings fan. So it shouldn't be any problem to extend him long term. We can definitely outbid those other teams for his service.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Serve Vancouver an all-you-can-afford buffet of Suter, Fabbri, Kubalik, Perron, Vrana, Bertuzzi, Copp, Chiarot, and Zadina. Any 2 with retention.

• Haha
Reactions: nhlisawesome

nhlisawesome

Oct 26, 2019
I will not hear any Bo Horvat slander. I had him and Larkin roughly on the same page / level up until the bubble COVID year and Bo just completely elevated his game since then and hasn't looked back. He just finishes its crazy. Breakaways, straight shot and a lotttttt of tips and deflections for this guy. Great speed and is bonafide top line and elite producer. Get him don't care if it takes Larkin

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I will not hear any Bo Horvat slander. I had him and Larkin roughly on the same page / level up until the bubble COVID year and Bo just completely elevated his game since then and hasn't looked back. He just finishes its crazy. Breakaways, straight shot and a lotttttt of tips and deflections for this guy. Great speed and is bonafide top line and elite producer. Get him don't care if it takes Larkin
That makes zero sense. Losing Larkin to add Horvat is completely sideways. The only way adding Bo makes sense is to give us a second top 6 center to play with Larkin.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
It seems like Vancouver would prefer young roster players rather than prospects/picks.

Maybe send Rasmussen or Veleno back? I'd imagine Detroit isn't going to part with the usual suspects like Kasper/Edvinsson, and of course Seider and Raymond are off the table. Berggren would be a piece I'd be really hesitant to move, but I could see it making sense. Soderblom? Not sure he quite has the value right now.

I have a hard time seeing how anybody at all is going to want Bertuzzi right now.

nhlisawesome

Oct 26, 2019
Ugh, they're probably gonna want Rasmussen back....he's a Surrey, BC boy. I'd prefer to give up Veleno because Ras could someday if we ever get back into the playoffs be a difference maker if he keeps developing properly.

Reactions: David D

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
I love Horvat the player, but trading for him now can be dangerous.

You are already engaged in a starring contest with Larkin, adding Horvat negotiations to that will cause problems, unless Yzerman's plan is to overpay both of them(which I highly doubt).

As Norrisnick mentioned, adding Horvat and giving up assets to get him, while losing Larkin, doesn't really help all that much. Poor asset management.

Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
If Horvat was a replacement for Larkin that is simply a sideways move. Only way I want him is if we are keeping Larkin.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
It seems like Vancouver would prefer young roster players rather than prospects/picks.

Maybe send Rasmussen or Veleno back? I'd imagine Detroit isn't going to part with the usual suspects like Kasper/Edvinsson, and of course Seider and Raymond are off the table. Berggren would be a piece I'd be really hesitant to move, but I could see it making sense. Soderblom? Not sure he quite has the value right now.

I have a hard time seeing how anybody at all is going to want Bertuzzi right now.
You have to give something to get something.
Raymond can be traded for Horvat.

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
I love Horvat the player, but trading for him now can be dangerous.

You are already engaged in a starring contest with Larkin, adding Horvat negotiations to that will cause problems, unless Yzerman's plan is to overpay both of them(which I highly doubt).

As Norrisnick mentioned, adding Horvat and giving up assets to get him, while losing Larkin, doesn't really help all that much. Poor asset management.
Or you give them matching contracts and boom you have your new ceiling for contract negotiations.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Or you give them matching contracts and boom you have your new ceiling for contract negotiations.
The only way matching contracts work is if they are at the expected Horvat level (7-8M) rather than the expected Larkin level (9+). And we've got some kids that hopefully grow into being worth more than that (Mo, Ray, Ed).

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Adding Horvat for a reasonable price would be worth it. Everyone slots much better.
Let's say the deal is for Bertuzzi and Zadina.

Raymond - Larkin - Berggren
Fabbri - Horvat - Perron
Kubalik - Copp - Rasmussen
Suter - Veleno - Sundqvist / Soderblom

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
1674137424764.png

Bo Horvat last 82 games, 51 + 31 = 82 points.

Others as comparison from same time period. Horvat has missed ~7 games for injuries on that time.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
To Vancouver:

-Tyler Bertuzzi
-Filip Zadina
-William Wallinder

To Detroit:
-Bo Horvat

Probably not enough, and yes Wallinder has sky-high potential as a smooth skating D that is trending towards being a top 4 D in the NHL, but you need to give to get.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
If we aren't willing to give Larkin $9M but are willing to give Horvat $8M I really question wtf is going on with our negotiating stances.

Yzerman has his number. Maybe he feels $8.5m is max for Larkin and that Horvat isn't an appreciable step down. Maybe Yzerman doesn't want it to become the norm in detroit to pay a $1m premium on every meaningful contract? Could be all sorts of reasons but if we're losing Larkin, replacing him with Horvat isn't the worst outcome.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00