Speculation: The Wings are interested in Horvat

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Very reasonable price IMO.
Basically Raty and a (top 12) protected 1st round pick.

Beauvillier has no actual value.
A 25 year old, slow of foot, 3rd line left winger with a 4.2M/per cap hit. Basically what Fabbri was when we picked him up for nothing…. (Except Fabbri is quicker)

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Sooner than later the Red Wings will have to get a legit top 6 Center but Im not sure we are deep enough to be shipping out 1st round picks and top prospects right now.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
"Teams interested in Oesterle."

trying-not-to-laugh-zoom-in.gif

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
"Teams interested in Oesterle."

trying-not-to-laugh-zoom-in.gif

I’m probably talking out of both ends of my ass after downplaying Horvat (and expressing relief we didn’t pay this price for Horvat) but we’ll be rebuilding for ever if all we do is ship out Oesterle for a 3rd, namestnikov for a 4th, stretcher for a 7th, Bertuzzi for a 2nd, etc.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Tbh I think the return is underwhelming. I think the islanders made the best of this trade if he resigns. Beauvillier is a middle 9 player with minimal upside and Raty will probably be a 2nd line winger, so unless they hit a slam dunk with the protected pick… not too impressive of a return.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Was just thinking about it, besides Columbus we have the worst centers in the east right?

I still think Larkin is better than Aho in Carolina, and that he’s better than Barzal, Zibanejad, whatever Ottawa has, and on par with whatever Washington has right now. That said, our 2C in Copp is near The bottom of the league for 2Cs.

Also Horvat in NYI doesn’t scare me. He’s not playing with Pettersson, JT Miller or Boeser. I would be shocked if he’s scoring more than a 60 point pace there.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
We have basically the Top 6 locked in with FLA getting healthy to take 1 of 2 WCs, leaving BUF, WAS, PIT, PHI, NYI, and DET all vying for the last spot.

We’re not making it in that mix, so better to cash in for this draft that has elite talent and depth. Look at those clown teams and offering up Oesterle, Bertuzzi, Sunny, and Maatta up to any of those teams for 1st and hope they miss. Isles made their move for the last spot, let’s keep pushing this arms race!

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

That Islanders team will have over 16 mil in cap space next year but that can go very quickly for them.

I wouldn’t rule out Horvat staying if the money is right but that’s a team that will be on the downside in about 2-3 years even with Horvat. Does he really want to find himself in the same boat he was on in Vancouver in a few years?

Reactions: jkutswings

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
That Islanders team will have over 16 mil in cap space next year but that can go very quickly for them.

I wouldn’t rule out Horvat staying if the money is right but that’s a team that will be on the downside in about 2-3 years even with Horvat. Does he really want to find himself in the same boat he was on in Vancouver in a few years?
Their capfriendly page is a trip. Who wants 5 mil!

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
We have basically the Top 6 locked in with FLA getting healthy to take 1 of 2 WCs, leaving BUF, WAS, PIT, PHI, NYI, and DET all vying for the last spot.

We’re not making it in that mix, so better to cash in for this draft that has elite talent and depth. Look at those clown teams and offering up Oesterle, Bertuzzi, Sunny, and Maatta up to any of those teams for 1st and hope they miss. Isles made their move for the last spot, let’s keep pushing this arms race!

Detroit would have to take some depth players back in return. Our GRG call ups are not quite NHL caliber.

Who would be good trade targets for Maatta, Bert, Erne, Sunny, Suter, Hagg, Lindstrom, Vrana and Ned?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

If they pay him like Barzal, he's gonna stay.

NHL contracts being fully guaranteed means the second someone slaps $60 million on the table you sign the deal and figure out if the team sucks later.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
If they pay him like Barzal, he's gonna stay.

NHL contracts being fully guaranteed means the second someone slaps $60 million on the table you sign the deal and figure out if the team sucks later.

Oh I agree. Still, that Islanders squad looks poised to finish 7th to 10th in the east every season for the next 5 seasons.

evolutionbaby

Jan 7, 2012
I still think Larkin is better than Aho in Carolina, and that he’s better than Barzal, Zibanejad, whatever Ottawa has, and on par with whatever Washington has right now. That said, our 2C in Copp is near The bottom of the league for 2Cs.

Also Horvat in NYI doesn’t scare me. He’s not playing with Pettersson, JT Miller or Boeser. I would be shocked if he’s scoring more than a 60 point pace there.
No where near Zib

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Very possible Horvat wants to hit free agency, maybe he resigns with the Islanders. Who knows. Think im more excited for us to spend our resources on something else if we make a big trade, we have cap space and shouldn't be giving up assets in a trade during a rebuild. Especially draft picks.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Räty is viewed like McDavid+ by some around here.
Nice strawman as usual. I said he'll be better than Buium, not McDavid.

That's like saying you view Cholo as the next Bobby Orr. Stop making crap up dude, complete troll post.

I would be tempted to do that trade if we had picked Raty, and this team was a few points closer to teh playoffs like teh Isles are.

Edit: Heck, if you told me protected first, Buium (who is supposed to be better than Raty according to everyone here) and Zadina for Horvat, I would've done it. Vancouver would have taken the Isles offer anyways.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad