GDT: The Win #2 for Tuesday Game|CBJ vs Bruins| Game 3 Series 2|4-30-19|7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I think it was Mike Johnson but he was saying the refs will watch the replay. Remember it and in the next game if Marchand is in a scrum, possibly give him the extra 2 min.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I think Carlo is lying to himself. We didn't win game 2 because Bob played dramatically better than Rask. And we're more than capable of winning a game 5-4 against these guys.
While my first reaction is the same as yours in regard to 5-4 games (- and a game i admittedly enjoy-), but as I think about it I’m not so sure. Boston gets very frustrated in these low scoring games whereas we seem quite comfortable in that environment....big advantage for us.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Did I miss the game where Bjorkstrand committed an offense so horrible that Tort’s has put him in the doghouse again? He was hotter than a pistol on scoring, taking unbelievable hits and is still not backing down when being challenged on the ice. I am disappointed and at a loss to understand why he is being managed so poorly. I know, Torts is the coach, not me but, damn, it’s frustrating seeing him anchored to Pooh.

Bjork has to take the fall due to playing with Wennberg and Dzingel. I think Torts trusts Bjork, but he doesn't want to break up any of the other lines to get him more ice. Our PP1 is hot so he can't get on the ice for the PP either.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
The crew on NHL Network that Marchand has had 6 previous suspensions. It doesn't matter. I don't think this was suspension worthy. Should have been a 2 minute minor, but I'm glad it wasn't, as the media have been dwelling on it. The media coverage has to be weighing on the NHL and I'm sure the officials are watching Marchand closely for the rest of the series. His reputation is getting him deeper in trouble and his actions have cost his team both games. After stomping Cam's stick, he was the only one that got a penalty at the end of 1st period of Game two. CBJ score. He took dumb penalty last night. CBJ score. His team cannot be happy with him right now. I'd be flat out pissed if I was Chara. It may be his last go around and Marchand is ****ing up their chances. They know the playoffs are wide open now with Tampa, Pens, Caps, Calgary all gone and they are now the favorites. I hope that Bruins locker room is in turmoil. Marchand needs to be squeaky clean in Game 4. Anything marginal is going to be called against him and the Bruins should just quietly accept it.

Agreed - what little (if any) benefit of the doubt Marchand had with the officials as of last night should be gone now. Anything that he does that is even in the gray-area category will work against him.

Reactions: Bobcat110

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Did I miss the game where Bjorkstrand committed an offense so horrible that Tort’s has put him in the doghouse again? He was hotter than a pistol on scoring, taking unbelievable hits and is still not backing down when being challenged on the ice. I am disappointed and at a loss to understand why he is being managed so poorly. I know, Torts is the coach, not me but, damn, it’s frustrating seeing him anchored to Pooh.
No one is madder than me that The Maestro is sitting, but i’m not sure it’s what he did; rather he’s the victim of being the odd man out. He has two linemates that do not - and likely cannot - work in concert with him. He will get ice time only if Torts is adjusts the lines.

IMO he’s too valuable a threat to leave rotting away.

Last edited:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Bjork has to take the fall due to playing with Wennberg and Dzingel. I think Torts trusts Bjork, but he doesn't want to break up any of the other lines to get him more ice. Our PP1 is hot so he can't get on the ice for the PP either.
You beat me to the punch. Saw your post after I posted.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
That was a good goal . Jackets need to respond with one to start the 3rd period .

No it wasn't. The ref blew the whistle because he could not see the puck. Play = dead.

Continuous? Lol, No. The puck came to a distinct halt and was then put in motion again by Bruins jamming at Bob's pads. Two Bruins a diggin'.

- and you cannot push at the pads to jam the puck in -

Booth got it wrong - again. The second large gift to Boston in these playoffs.

Video review is a terror on scrum goals, goalie interference, etc. It's a joke.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Wennberg is not remotely the same player he used to be . Goes to show how important the center position is , because any line he’s been put on this year , he basically makes that line not an option . Torts got absolutely lucky with some idiotic coaching decisions , thanks to Bob , but there is 0 reason Wennberg should see the ice the rest of the playoffs

Alexander Wennberg is a reclamation project at this point. Wennberg needs to be bought out this off season and let to go find his game somewhere else.

NEWSFLASH TO TORTS: PLAYOFFS ARE NOT APPROPRIATE VENUE FOR RECLAIMATION!!!!

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Alexander Wennberg is a reclamation project at this point. Wennberg needs to be bought out this off season and let to go find his game somewhere else.

Yup, call me Niave , but I dont think Torts is stupid enough to put Wennberg back out on the ice. His marginal upgrade he provides defensively, takes 2 other players out of production because he is so bad. Texier needs to be in next game. Him and Bjork both need to produce. We gave Boston alot of momentum last night in that 3rd period, to the point I would say we were pretty lucky to win last nights game. Bob played well, and they hit quite a few posts. If you think you are just going to play defense, and try to win 2 more games , winning 2-1 , I can tell you that will not be a recipie for success. Rolling 4 lines, skating, and wearing out the Bruins is the best chance to finish out this series.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
No one is madder than me that The Maestro is sitting, but i’m not sure it’s what he did; rather he’s the victim of being the odd man out. He has two linemates that do not - and likely cannot - work in concert with him. He will get ice time only if Torts is adjusts the lines.

IMO he’s too valuable a threat to leave rotting away.
Bjork is absolutely too good to be sacrificed. The last 1/3 of the season, and the first series, he was playing at an elite level. At home, we control the matchups, and need to get Bjork, Cam, Texier in matchups where they can succeed. Thats what good coaching is all about.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Right now the onus is back on Torts to recognize just how bad Pooh is and how he completely removes whatever line he is on from effective rotation into the game.

Ever since he got clocked by Wilson, Pooh plays the game to not get hurt while collecting his $5 million. He has no interest in getting involved with physical contact. He wants to stay a safe distance away form everyone and do stick pokes as a defensive tool or pass the puck to someone else before he gets hit.

Last edited:

Grouchy

Nov 2, 2006
Canal Winchester, OH
Here's a video of Subban blowing up Marchand because why not

At least a dozen videos of him getting "destroyed"

Will say the same thing I did in the Tampa series; best retaliation is to win the next game then the series in Boston in front of their fans preferably with a power play goal with him in the box. If a legal hit is available by all means thump him but no sense taking a penalty.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Marchand is trying to goad the Jackets into a Kadri-like retaliation and it's not going to work. If the Jackets win Game 4 he will push the envelope that much more. Our guys just need to stay focused and keep their eyes on the real prize.

Once victory is in hand it would be nice to see someone accidentally drop Marchand looney tunes style. That guy is a rabid animal that needs to be dealt with.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
At some point the coaching staff and the captain need to have a discussion with the officials. If they aren't going to protect the players, the players are going to have to protect themselves. This includes the league reviewing the play. If things aren't going as well as they want, for a team like Boston, they are going to goon it up. A series with Boston always runs the risk of multiple, unnecessary, injuries.

Marchand was clearing doing that intentionally when most of the officials were looking elsewhere, but I did see an official that should have seen it. Honestly, I have mixed reactions about in in that I don't think he hit him all that hard. Having said that, he should have gotten a roughing at a minimum. Certainly a unsportsmanlike conduct. He was trying to get a reaction out of us and the officials aren't reigning him in. They are going to need to put some roughing calls on him or this could get out of hand.

As far as a suspension, I don't know his suspension history but in a vacuum I'd go with a pretty large fine if this hasn't happened before (suspension for similar action) with the understanding it can result in suspension next time.

Having said that I've seen a lot of players performing sucker punches all the time. I tend to think the league needs to crack down on thia. In this case it's more sever in that it was a cheap shot to the back of the head.

Marchand is a dangerous element out there and if player safety won’t discipline him, if penalties aren’t called against him, I hope there’s someone who will lay the boom on him and make sure he enjoys his summer and rehabbing.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
No suspension and it looks like no fine for BM (very appropriate initials I believe). Sometimes (often times) the NHL is a joke. This be one of those times.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
So no suspension and there is no mechanism to fine someone in the playoffs.

Listening to the TSN analysis, I thought they had it right. It was designed to inflame not to injure. The way that they league has dealt with this hasn't been suspension. Having said that, they (he) thought Marchand should be suspended for a game (not the average NHL'er) because of his track record.

I tend to agree. Regardless, nothing.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

Why would we buy Wennberg out when we can trade him?

The team Tortorella is coaching is 6-1 in the playoffs and leading the 2nd round 2-1.

Reactions: Fred Glover

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Why would we buy Wennberg out when we can trade him?

The team Tortorella is coaching is 6-1 in the playoffs and leading the 2nd round 2-1.
Because there’s no guarantee someone is going to take a chance on a player making 5 mill , that’s scared to possess the puck , and won’t shoot the puck . That’s great that they are 6-1, doesn’t mean they haven’t won in spite some of Torts stupid decisions . Last night should have been a loss , had Bob not stood on his head , and Boston hit multiple posts . Playing 2.5 lines is the surest way to let Boston right back in this series , so let’s not pretend The game plan , line utilization is above criticism , because it’s not . In all reality , this team should have never barely squeaked into the playoffs as an #8 seed .

squarelaces

Aug 6, 2005
The three certainties of life:
Death
Taxes
People who don't know what they're talking about b!tching about Wennberg

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Because there’s no guarantee someone is going to take a chance on a player making 5 mill , that’s scared to possess the puck , and won’t shoot the puck . That’s great that they are 6-1, doesn’t mean they haven’t won in spite some of Torts stupid decisions . Last night should have been a loss , had Bob not stood on his head , and Boston hit multiple posts . Playing 2.5 lines is the surest way to let Boston right back in this series , so let’s not pretend The game plan , line utilization is above criticism , because it’s not . In all reality , this team should have never barely squeaked into the playoffs as an #8 seed .
The reality is that they won last night, and are up 2-1 in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad