GDT: The Win #2 for Tuesday Game|CBJ vs Bruins| Game 3 Series 2|4-30-19|7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Fire the cannon! Its good to have to first homegame played on. 1st and 3rd period wasnt good. 2nd again was our period, even they get that lucky goal. Serie is 2-1 and we must put more gas. Physical play will take BB out, everyone saw Pasta,Chara,Bergeron when they get hitted hard. They just get slower and slower. Bob + posts was with us but thats bruins fault not us:cool:

Reactions: Bobcat110

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
**** Marchand for that cheap shot punch to Harrington’s head during the net scramble when the refs were focused on other tangle ups. Absolute dick. Did anyone else see this?

What a f***ing cheap dick. That should be suspendable ffs.

Bob has been stealing it so far but this may not last unless something changes.

Last edited:

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Typical Marchand. I'd say 1 game or a fine as I think ANYTHING to the back of the head is potentially dangerous. I really dont want to give them something to rally around though.
If you take game four I 100% believe you take them totally off their game and goonery becomes normal and CBJ advances.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
The usual Bruins rah-rah-babble. I don't understand him much of the time anymore. He said Foligno was clearly offsides on the first goal. (Of course.)
Thanks! I watched coach's corner replay this morning on youtube. I've watched him for decades and it's true he's getting worse.................

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Marchand will get fined some insignificant amount. No way does he get suspended for that. Not that he shouldn't but I just don't see it.

Reactions: GoJackets1

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
No more 2 day lay offs rest of the series so I think Columbus should be good to go now. Bob has been miraculous so far keeping them in games at times that the Bruins were taking over but I don’t see any issues for Blue Jackets going forward. Should have all momentum and be back in top form after the days off between rounds.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus

In fairness to Torts, they were pretty dominated when they were out there

Wennberg is not remotely the same player he used to be . Goes to show how important the center position is , because any line he’s been put on this year , he basically makes that line not an option . Torts got absolutely lucky with some idiotic coaching decisions , thanks to Bob , but there is 0 reason Wennberg should see the ice the rest of the playoffs

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Marchand is trying to goad the Jackets into a Kadri-like retaliation and it's not going to work. If the Jackets win Game 4 he will push the envelope that much more. Our guys just need to stay focused and keep their eyes on the real prize.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Wennberg is not remotely the same player he used to be . Goes to show how important the center position is , because any line he’s been put on this year , he basically makes that line not an option . Torts got absolutely lucky with some idiotic coaching decisions , thanks to Bob , but there is 0 reason Wennberg should see the ice the rest of the playoffs
Yep, time to throw Texier back out there, Wennberg has ZERO confidence handling the puck in the offensive zone. Afraid to be hit, it's a shame how much of a shell of his former self he is.

Reactions: RickS

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
No surprises, Bjork and Wennberg have been real bad. Dzingel just invisible.

Bjorkstrand has been great in my opinion. He's winning battles, making good blocks, good passes, and is very disruptive on the forecheck. The only thing he needs is better linemates.

Wennberg has zero confidence and needs out of the lineup, everybody knows that.

For some reason people still want to give Wennberg money to Dzingel. I can't figure it out, he might be an even more useless player this series than Wennberg. I'd say he's moderately better at evens, he can still pass after all. But he's not as good without the puck and not a pivotal player on the PK.

It's funny to me when people describe a player as "invisible". Does that mean you just didn't notice him? I wish Dzingel was more invisible that game, I'd rather not see him turnover the puck.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Bjorkstrand has been great in my opinion. He's winning battles, making good blocks, good passes, and is very disruptive on the forecheck. The only thing he needs is better linemates.

Wennberg has zero confidence and needs out of the lineup, everybody knows that.

For some reason people still want to give Wennberg money to Dzingel. I can't figure it out, he might be an even more useless player this series than Wennberg. I'd say he's moderately better at evens, he can still pass after all. But he's not as good without the puck and not a pivotal player on the PK.

It's funny to me when people describe a player as "invisible". Does that mean you just didn't notice him? I wish Dzingel was more invisible that game, I'd rather not see him turnover the puck.
Dzingel had a turnover yes, but he also created a breakaway chance with his speed. He looked fine playing with Duchene, as the season wound down. Its when you put him on a line with Wennberg. Only Wennberg can make Bjorkstrand look like a bad player. I think dzingel looks totally fine playing him with a legit center.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Dzingel had a turnover yes, but he also created a breakaway chance with his speed. He looked fine playing with Duchene, as the season wound down. Its when you put him on a line with Wennberg. Only Wennberg can make Bjorkstrand look like a bad player. I think dzingel looks totally fine playing him with a legit center.

Yes Dzingel looked fine in the regular season. This is different. Dzingel needs the play to open up for him and it's not going to happen against the Bruins. I think you mean he nearly had a "breakaway chance". That's about the most open ice we've seen all series, and it wasn't enough for a shot on net.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
There seems to be no question that Bob has stolen this series for us so far. It is time the rest of the team to outplay Boston. And of course, I agree Pooh is and always will be an embarrassment to the game of hockey as it is played in North America. Torts has him in the lineup for penalty kill purposes. But he is so bad in every other element of his game that he effectively reduces the team to a 3 line team.

ScreamingWild

Jobu Mojo
Oct 4, 2006
Ontario
Did I miss the game where Bjorkstrand committed an offense so horrible that Tort’s has put him in the doghouse again? He was hotter than a pistol on scoring, taking unbelievable hits and is still not backing down when being challenged on the ice. I am disappointed and at a loss to understand why he is being managed so poorly. I know, Torts is the coach, not me but, damn, it’s frustrating seeing him anchored to Pooh.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Marchand is trying to goad the Jackets into a Kadri-like retaliation and it's not going to work. If the Jackets win Game 4 he will push the envelope that much more. Our guys just need to stay focused and keep their eyes on the real prize.

At some point the coaching staff and the captain need to have a discussion with the officials. If they aren't going to protect the players, the players are going to have to protect themselves. This includes the league reviewing the play. If things aren't going as well as they want, for a team like Boston, they are going to goon it up. A series with Boston always runs the risk of multiple, unnecessary, injuries.

Marchand was clearing doing that intentionally when most of the officials were looking elsewhere, but I did see an official that should have seen it. Honestly, I have mixed reactions about in in that I don't think he hit him all that hard. Having said that, he should have gotten a roughing at a minimum. Certainly a unsportsmanlike conduct. He was trying to get a reaction out of us and the officials aren't reigning him in. They are going to need to put some roughing calls on him or this could get out of hand.

As far as a suspension, I don't know his suspension history but in a vacuum I'd go with a pretty large fine if this hasn't happened before (suspension for similar action) with the understanding it can result in suspension next time.

Having said that I've seen a lot of players performing sucker punches all the time. I tend to think the league needs to crack down on thia. In this case it's more sever in that it was a cheap shot to the back of the head.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
At some point the coaching staff and the captain need to have a discussion with the officials. If they aren't going to protect the players, the players are going to have to protect themselves. This includes the league reviewing the play. If things are going as well as they want, for a team like Boston, they are going to goon it up. A series with Boston always runs the risk of multiple, unnecessary, injuries.

Marchand was clearing doing that intentionally when most of the officials were looking elsewhere, but I did see an official that should have seen it. Honestly, I have mixed reactions about in in that I don't think he hit him all that hard. Having said that, he should have gotten a roughing at a minimum. Certainly a unsportsmanlike conduct. He was trying to get a reaction out of us and the officials aren't reigning him in. They are going to need to put some roughing calls on him or this could get out of hand.

As far as a suspension, I don't know his suspension history but in a vacuum I'd go with a pretty large fine if this hasn't happened before (suspension for similar action) with the understanding it can result in suspension next time.

Having said that I've seen a lot of players performing sucker punches all the time. I tend to think the league needs to crack down on thia. In this case it's more sever in that it was a cheap shot to the back of the head.

The crew on NHL Network that Marchand has had 6 previous suspensions. It doesn't matter. I don't think this was suspension worthy. Should have been a 2 minute minor, but I'm glad it wasn't, as the media have been dwelling on it. The media coverage has to be weighing on the NHL and I'm sure the officials are watching Marchand closely for the rest of the series. His reputation is getting him deeper in trouble and his actions have cost his team both games. After stomping Cam's stick, he was the only one that got a penalty at the end of 1st period of Game two. CBJ score. He took dumb penalty last night. CBJ score. His team cannot be happy with him right now. I'd be flat out pissed if I was Chara. It may be his last go around and Marchand is f***ing up their chances. They know the playoffs are wide open now with Tampa, Pens, Caps, Calgary all gone and they are now the favorites. I hope that Bruins locker room is in turmoil. Marchand needs to be squeaky clean in Game 4. Anything marginal is going to be called against him and the Bruins should just quietly accept it.

Reactions: Jive Pawnbroker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad