OT: The Wild Board Jukebox Thread: Part Deux

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
You didn't like Iconoclast or Underworld? I get they're pretty heavy. Lot of longtime fans don't seem to like them because of that. Dunno. I like pretty much all their stuff.
I really liked iconoclast. Kind of bounced off underworld. All of their stuff is good, but I personally hold Paridise Lost up as their benchmark.

Reactions: MK9

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Probably need to edit the title to Mk9/Soldier13Fox prog metal wank'em off.

But seriously folks, we're talking some good stuff here! Lol

• Haha

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

Can never go wrong with Leprous. Bard on the drums is the best in the business. The singer may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I love it.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN

Can never go wrong with Leprous. Bard on the drums is the best in the business. The singer may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I love it.

Thought I'd checked them out, but I don't remember what, when or if I liked them or not. Sounds alright. Little bit more on the falsetto than I'd normally like, but this isn't bad at all.

[EDIT]: Also, my fav drummer is Dirk Verburen. Was really pissed when Megadave poached him from Soilwork.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Also, Khrim is pretty awesome as well. Really wish this Lokust project would have gotten off the ground. The two demo tunes they did are f***ing insanely good.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I was being somewhat facetious, we all know it's in irrefutable fact that Danny Carey is thr best in the business. But Baard Kolstad is, my personal, close 2nd.

Was also in borknagar for a bit

Last edited:

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Had to dig deep to find the thread. @MK9 has been SLACKING

I've been nothing more than a casual fan of TesseractT for their existence. Have always appreciated their vocalists (there have been several and all good) and overall musical talent ... but I very much dislike Djent. I really like this song though, along with the video. Very little Djent, this is just really good prog

Last edited:

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
@MK9 has been SLACKING
Tis a gift I possess. Ask my father...teachers...ex wife...

They'll likely all be more than happy to back you up on that.

[EDIT]: I haven't heard TesseracT in a few years. Not sure why they slipped through the cracks for me. That's a good tune though. Will have to go back through the past few years and delve in a bit.

• Haha
Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
I like a lot of different stuff, mostly old things such as Mercyful Fate, Helloween, Black Sabbath, Testament, Overkill, Behemoth and things like that.
A couple of days ago I stumbled across something I never heard about before. Turned out they play some sort of mix between old school trash/power/heavy metal thing. It is interesting, try it you maybe like it.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I like a lot of different stuff, mostly old things such as Mercyful Fate, Helloween, Black Sabbath, Testament, Overkill, Behemoth and things like that.
A couple of days ago I stumbled across something I never heard about before. Turned out they play some sort of mix between old school trash/power/heavy metal thing. It is interesting, try it you maybe like it.

I showed them to one of my best friends (who is also a guitarist like me) a few months back & he was pretty impressed. Only thing I can't do is her voice for more than a few tunes. She's a good singer, just not my cup of tea.

Last edited:

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I showed them to one of my best friends (who is also a guitarist like me) he was pretty impressed. Only thing I can't do is her voice for more than a few tunes. She's a good singer, just not my cup of tea.
I wanted Holy War to be a Megadeth cover so bad. Now I'm sad

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Mixed.

Love Blythe and Pop in their own ways.... but I could do Pops spoken words as good as he did and there is really no distinction between blythe and the main singers vocals.

But, i do f***ing love Howard Jones. That song rocked

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
This is a song from one of my old friend and his bands debut album, Kaiserhof (2005) It is the opening track, and always a great way to get the blood pumping.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
As the days get shorter and I'm walking my dogs in darkness at 5 pm (can we just make daylight savings permanent?) I always find myself listening to music that suits the black, windy, cool nights. Here's some blackgaze for ya.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Why not. Here's three more Sylvaine videos, she's amazing. The live ones are very good.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad