Pre-Game Talk: The week of coasts (BOS, WAS, @ANA, @Fopp ****ed up)

Points this week

• Total voters

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's not like Bednar has a permanent dog house. People go in and they get out. Also, injuries ensure everyone gets playing time.

I guess Yakupov was in the doghouse, but he kinda sucks.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He does, but much less so when it comes to Z. He hasn't been all banhammer but he certainly is more harsh on him than anybody else on the roster.

Kerfoot got benched for a turnover earlier this season. Soda had a whole season of poor treatment. McLeod was scratched and had a letter taken away. Nieto has taken a seat and was on 4th line detail. Specifically called out Kamenev this pre-season and scratched him after good games. Bednar has gone after different players, not only Z.

One thing we don't know is the level of coaching Bednar and the assistants have done and what level of frustration they are at there either.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Kerfoot got benched for a turnover earlier this season. Soda had a whole season of poor treatment. McLeod was scratched and had a letter taken away. Nieto has taken a seat and was on 4th line detail. Specifically called out Kamenev this pre-season and scratched him after good games. Bednar has gone after different players, not only Z.

One thing we don't know is the level of coaching Bednar and the assistants have done and what level of frustration they are at there either.

When did Kerf get scratched for a game? Fair enough with Soda but the others aren't on the same level as Z when it comes to potential/ability. It just seems odd how often a high profile guy like Zadorov seems to get punished at the drop of the hat, at times.

I just hope it doesn't hamper his relationship with us, because I really do think he has a lot of potential and is a rare player to have in todays game.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Zadorov seems to play well after tough love, so perhaps he needs it once in a while. It might be a tactic with diminishing returns though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
When did Kerf get scratched for a game? Fair enough with Soda but the others aren't on the same level as Z when it comes to potential/ability. It just seems odd how often a high profile guy like Zadorov seems to get punished at the drop of the hat, at times.

I just hope it doesn't hamper his relationship with us, because I really do think he has a lot of potential and is a rare player to have in todays game.

Kerfoot wasn't scratched, he was benched for a bit. Not the same level as Z, but he got punishment.

The potential/ability should factor in here. When a player can play better and much smarter, they should be held to a higher standard. If Landy played like Bourque, we all wouldn't be going 'oh well, at least he plays similar to Bourque.' We'd be rightfully scream at his poor play.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Is Zadorov back? The Avs did not play well last game and there should be a lineup change with available pieces.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
I ****ed up the title. Shouldn't include LA
Well, it's too late NOW young man.

cartoon-mean-old-woman-19380801.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad