Pre-Game Talk: The week of coasts (BOS, WAS, @ANA, @Fopp ****ed up)

Points this week

• Total voters

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I cant wait until people stop writing off Rantanens success. One poster called him a bottom sixer last year and a 2nd liner this year. Cant wait to see what he can do next year if he keeps progressing and grows to a first liner.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Obviously we'll win them all.

And Rantanen is a second liner at best; like Landy is an average 3rd line grinder. And putting up points like crazy is the only thing Barrie is good at - and nobody needs such a player anyway. :popcorn:

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Important week for our playoff hopes. We really need to figure out how to get at least 5-6 points in these games, keep some momentum going, and get back on track. The harder games are at home, so I can see us winning a couple and taking a game into overtime.

Spender

Feb 16, 2013
Växjö
Washington, Anaheim and Los Angeles have all been unimpressive so far, should be a good week to get some points.

AvHooligan

Oct 10, 2015
I really want to see Bednar put Soda on that 2nd line in some combination with Kerfoot and Jost sooner rather than later. I think that could be a solid line.

Anyone else agree or am I crazy?

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I really want to see Bednar put Soda on that 2nd line in some combination with Kerfoot and Jost sooner rather than later. I think that could be a solid line.

Soderberg is like a dice. You just keep rolling him in all situations and get a number. In his case 50 points. It doesn't matter what line he's on.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia

Could be decent but who plays bottom six than? Hopefully Compher will be back soon.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey

Agree very much. You could then bump Kamenev up to the 3rd line if he keeps playing like he’s been. JTC - Kam - Ghetto(?)

What a difference a little bit more depth would make.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I really think this is a sweepable week.

At home against Boston and Washington, two teams we have matched up well against recently. Throw Varly on Boston and give Grubs his old team. Then the California road trip but both Cali teams have struggled a bunch to start this year.

Definitely a doable 4-0-0 week if we play like we're capable of playing.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Boston will he real tough, but I'm going to that game and they're undefeated this year when I attend, so obviously that's a win. :sarcasm:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Has to be false, states Barrie is our top defensemen! ;)

The fancy stats are all pretty kind to the Avs defensive group.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I don’t know much about GAR and haven’t done much looking into it. All I know is that it was a hot debate among all advanced stats folks this summer.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Interesting. I have a hard time wrapping my head around a stat that labels Dmitry Orlov a minus and the broken corpse of Brooks Orpik a net positive. But whatever, he says this is still small-sample-size territory.

Reactions: 22FUTON9

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
I really think this is a sweepable week.

At home against Boston and Washington, two teams we have matched up well against recently. Throw Varly on Boston and give Grubs his old team. Then the California road trip but both Cali teams have struggled a bunch to start this year.

Definitely a doable 4-0-0 week if we play like we're capable of playing.

I'm sorry Peirce, but this is just setting us up for failure. Let's focus on game 1 first before we talk about sweeps.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Interesting. I have a hard time wrapping my head around a stat that labels Dmitry Orlov a minus and the broken corpse of Brooks Orpik a net positive. But whatever, he says this is still small-sample-size territory.

For real. Orlov(and niskanen for that matter) were easily the most underrated part of the Caps cup run. Just dominated in their shutdown role.

Reactions: S E P H

Sascha

Jan 7, 2018
it would be so typical, if we win against boston, the much more difficult game, but lose the must win games vs. Anaheim and LA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad