Pre-Game Talk: The week of coasts (BOS, WAS, @ANA, @Fopp ****ed up)

Points this week

• Total voters

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He really just doesn't want to do it. The way things are going I think he'll try Kamenev on that line first.

I wouldn’t be opposed to that. See what Kam can do in a big role. Let Soda take the defensive minutes and see if Kerf-Kam-Ghetto can provide some offense.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
TBH if those three players continue to develop along their current course they'll be waaaaaay better defensively than Soda and his compatriots ever have. But we ain't there yet, not even close. But I see some things in Kam's game I've never seen in Soda's...I'm sure that'll get me roasted, and to be sure I don't think he's as good defensively as Soda (nor has he faced as tough competition as of yet) but I think the potential is there. It now depends on how well engaged he remains and how well the coaching staff handles his minutes and role.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
JTC was also at the gala last night so I'm fairly confident he's close.

But geez...Ghetto still isn't even ready for contact? Is it the same injury as last time re-aggravated?

I hope Conor Timmins is still alive.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hopefully they're ready to go this week. It won't be easy regardless of how these teams might be playing.

Avs will have to keep their heads up and be extra careful on Friday now as well. The arbitrator reduced the suspension for some reason so that clown is eligible to get back to head hunting as soon as tonight rather than around two weeks from now.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Oh well. I can see why the arbitrator did what he did because apparently George Parros testified at the hearing that he didn't believe there was intent to injure (AYFKM!?!?) and there were no hard-set rules that led the league to reach the number of 20 games. I can at least take comfort in the fact that the whole long, drawn-out process actually had him miss two more games than the suspension ended up being. The next suspension (and there will be one, no question) will be a very, very lengthy one. Hopefully somehow he's not in the lineup for the two Avs/Caps tilts coming up this season.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
So...

@Gigantor The Goalie

I know Bednar is probably going to ride the f*** out of Varly right now, but.. Who has the advantage if we were to start Grubs against the Caps? The goalie who has seen massive pucks in practice against the team, or the team who has shot massive pucks against the goalie?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad