Confirmed with Link: The "We got Karlsson!" all-day, all-night, party all the time thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I'm pretty confident he'll re-sign post deadline. No point in worrying about it until then.

I'm still not convinced. The rule was sent around. It was probably for Tavares. He's interpreting the rule as we are. He got no explanation from the league. Just word that it was sent to GM's. It makes no since expect for a player in Tavares situation and it's why he only got a 7 year deal.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I would have concerns with playing Dillon the sorts of minutes EK's partner would get 5v5. He obviously won't get PP time, but he is a mainstay on the PK.

If they for some reason they keep the Vlasic/Braun pairing together, they would hopefully give them a fresh pair to come on following a PP.

Maladroit

May 9, 2018
Berkeley, CA
It's inexcusable to even consider anything other than Vlasic-Karlsson and Ryan-Burns as the top four along with Burns, Karlsson, Thornton, Pavelski and Couture on the top power play unit. If DeBoer ever strays from either of those while all of those players are healthy and in the lineup he should be fired. This is 100% on him now. He has more than enough talent to win the Cup. He better not screw it up.

Phalanx

Apr 24, 2013
Aptos, Ca
You know its been touched on, but I just rewatched the press conference, and MAN is EK good with the media. He is a true professional forged in the crucible of the Canadian hockey media. He is so courteous, personable and classy. The only person I've seen on the Sharks that at ease with the media is Joe. And thats saying something.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
You know its been touched on, but I just rewatched the press conference, and MAN is EK good with the media. He is a true professional forged in the crucible of the Canadian hockey media. He is so courteous, personable and classy. The only person I've seen on the Sharks that at ease with the media is Joe. And thats saying something.

Where did you watch it?

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010

Pavs is

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Its definitely a stupid rule that seems to be true now, but how would you word it to prevent teams from trading UFA rights so another team could sign said player to 8 years?
If the player is on the roster before the regular season starts you can sign him :)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Thanks for the reminder! :naughty:

Sir, I remind you that talking about ignore lists is a bootable offense.

cUdpqLj11kEniUVi_dlmyBKK6Zk=.gif

:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad