The way too early standings predictions

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Think folks are sleeping on Windsor and Flint a bit. Not contenders but decent enough rosters to finish as competitive 5-6 Conference seeds.

London could have trouble scoring depending on the development of their 04 forwards. Think they’ll be very competitive again but not make any big deals a la Brian Kilrea. Don’t see them repeating last year’s run without major additions.

Saginaw and Guelph will be excellent especially after trades are made.

• Wow
Reactions: LDN

ColtsNLeafs

Jul 20, 2022
Lets play a game....You have been hired to set the lines for OHL team wins. What are you setting your teams win total at? I'll go first: Barrie 37.5

Last edited:

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013

Think folks are sleeping on Windsor and Flint a bit. Not contenders but decent enough rosters to finish as competitive 5-6 Conference seeds.

London could have trouble scoring depending on the development of their 04 forwards. Think they’ll be very competitive again but not make any big deals a la Brian Kilrea. Don’t see them repeating last year’s run without major additions.

Saginaw and Guelph will be excellent especially after trades are made.
London also does not have a lot of assets to make trades. They do have a 16 or 17 year old forward drafted in the 1st round that they are willing to trade and do not have a lot of draft picks to make trades.

Reactions: Ferguson Jenkins

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I'd set Sarnia's over under at a mean 20 wins.

I'd take the under on both those LDN/BAR O/Us. Just barely on both tho.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
I'll bite. Oshawa over under on wins is 34.5.

Sarnia > over
Barrie > over
London > under (slightly)

ColtsNLeafs

Jul 20, 2022
CHL pre season rankings are out...4 OHL teams. Owen Sound and Sudbury being in the top 10 is far fetched IMO. Im not sure I would even have them in my top 4 OHL teams....Thoughts?

1. Rouyn-Noranda Huskies
2. London Knights
3. Portland Winterhawks
4. Saginaw Spirit
5. Moose Jaw Warriors
6. Halifax Mooseheads
7. Victoriaville Tigres
8. Sudbury Wolves
9. Saskatoon Blades
10. Owen Sound Attack

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
CHL pre season rankings are out...4 OHL teams. Owen Sound and Sudbury being in the top 10 is far fetched IMO. Im not sure I would even have them in my top 4 OHL teams....Thoughts?

1. Rouyn-Noranda Huskies
2. London Knights
3. Portland Winterhawks
4. Saginaw Spirit
5. Moose Jaw Warriors
6. Halifax Mooseheads
7. Victoriaville Tigres
8. Sudbury Wolves
9. Saskatoon Blades
10. Owen Sound Attack
Sudbury is absolutely winning their division. I'd have them 3rd in the OHL so 8 seems right. Owen Sound is fine at 10.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Sudbury is absolutely winning their division. I'd have them 3rd in the OHL so 8 seems right. Owen Sound is fine at 10.
I agree but they arent winning it cause they are great, they are winning it cause their division is weak this year

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
A bit early for absolutely winning their division I think. The wolves do not appear in a rush to add, and set to start the season with one slightly above replacement level OA that will be their #1 D due to two D recovering from off-season repair.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
A bit early for absolutely winning their division I think. The wolves do not appear in a rush to add, and set to start the season with one slightly above replacement level OA that will be their #1 D due to two D recovering from off-season repair.
Do I care where they are in September when I make a projection?

3 things that always mean a team is at least trying to make a run. Experience, talent, and assets. Lot of 04's and 05's, Lot of NHL drafted/will be drafted talent, and lot of picks to move.

Reactions: I Loveallsports

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I agree but they arent winning it cause they are great, they are winning it cause their division is weak this year
Going to disagree about they're division being weak. Plus the wolves start the season with a ton of talent and assets to add to it.
The central is relatively weak; no where near as strong as the mid-west, but considerably stronger than the east.

Reactions: OMG67

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Do I care where they are in September when I make a projection?

3 things that always mean a team is at least trying to make a run. Experience, talent, and assets. Lot of 04's and 05's, Lot of NHL drafted/will be drafted talent, and lot of picks to move.
A lot of talent at forward and loads of picks for sure.
Experience as in realizing what it takes to win; the playoff win total among roster players right now might be zero.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
A lot of talent at forward and loads of picks for sure.
Experience as in realizing what it takes to win; the playoff win total among roster players right now might be zero.
Having a lot of draft picks does not necessarily translate into being able to make the big trades at the deadline. Barrie had the most draft picks to trade last year but made only a couple of trades. In addition to draft picks teams trading their top players often want a young player plus draft picks for them. The Petes had limited draft pick but they were able to make several trades because they were willing to part with their young players.

Last edited:
Reactions: HF92

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Having a lot of draft picks does not necessarily translate into being able to make the big trades at the deadline. Barrie had the most draft picks to trade last year but made only a couple of trades. In addition to draft picks teams trading their top players often want a young player plus draft picks for them. The Petes had limited draft pick but they were able to make several trades because they were willing to part with their young players.

Have ALL the picks you want, but teams like players to rebuild too.

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
WEST

Saginaw
London
Guelph
Owen Sound
SSM
Flint
Windsor
Erie
Kitchener