The way too early standings predictions

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Didn't they give it to NIA for Fimis?
niagara has guelphs 2nd in 2024, again, dont want to get banned for speculation, but thats from the official list.

Also I don’t know how to do this on here however if there was a way for someone to create a player trade rumour forum or prediction forum that would be pretty cool
moderator doesnt like speculation on here, it gets you banned

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
niagara has guelphs 2nd in 2024, again, dont want to get banned for speculation, but thats from the official list.

Oh I see. Had no idea oops haven’t been on this forum before

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018

Appreciate the info. Wondering what 2nds Erie is listed with for 2024

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
I think Niagara will finish 9th or 10th in the east and miss the playoffs. Things have settled a bit since last years debacle and I think they will be a competitive team. The changes to the coaching staff and their top draft picks carded, all should be good. They might slip into 8th and that would be great...but I wouldn't bet on it.

Squirrel88

Jul 1, 2023
I think Niagara will finish 9th or 10th in the east and miss the playoffs. Things have settled a bit since last years debacle and I think they will be a competitive team. The changes to the coaching staff and their top draft picks carded, all should be good. They might slip into 8th and that would be great...but I wouldn't bet on it.
Wow - tough to finish out of the playoffs 4 seasons in a row (if my memory is correct). I wonder if Niagara has a shot at the playoffs they don't sell as hard, or maybe prioritize near-term assets, like in the Windsor trade last year.

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
It looks like almost everyone has Niagara to finish last. That would give them three last place finishes in a row. How is that even possible? When was the last time that happened in the OHL? If Niagara does finish in last place again, would that make them the worst franchise in OHL history?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
It looks like almost everyone has Niagara to finish last. That would give them three last place finishes in a row. How is that even possible? When was the last time that happened in the OHL? If Niagara does finish in last place again, would that make them the worst franchise in OHL history?
Sudbury, London, Mississauga have had historically bad stretches. Niagara has attendance at least. I’ve been one of ~850 to see games in London & Sudbury thinking actual attendance might be closer to 500.

Reactions: frontsfan67

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

London went 3-60-3 one year around 1996. I know finishing last is bad in multiple seasons but three wins is epic failure.

Reactions: frontsfan67

three dog night

May 3, 2014
It looks like almost everyone has Niagara to finish last. That would give them three last place finishes in a row. How is that even possible? When was the last time that happened in the OHL? If Niagara does finish in last place again, would that make them the worst franchise in OHL historyNo

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
And to think they were in the running for the cup this year... lol

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo

And to think they were in the running for the cup this year... lol

missing the playoffs and hosting the memorial cup would be like the ultimate back door hosting of all time. can you imagine if their bid was successful because "their hotels are better" as some posters were suggesting?

Reactions: HF92

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
here's an interesting question, what was the lowest point total in regular season? it can't be much lower than 15!

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I'm going on a limb - the London Knights' 3-60-3 record for 9 points in 95-96 is likely untouchable.

Fun fact. Ottawa was on their four games in four days road trip to start the season that year. We were in London on the Sunday. It was either week one or week two of the season. I was chatting with a season ticket holder and he was saying he didn’t think they would win 5 games. I thought, at that time, it was pretty harsh. It is hard to not get to at least 5 wins. WOW. Was that guy ever right….. 3 wins.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Another fun fact:

That year, the OHL was hosting the Memorial Cup. The league decided that the top two teams in each division at the season’s half way point would be eligible to bid. Kitchener needed one win in their last game at the halfway point to jump into 2nd place in their division. Win the game, you get to bid.

You guessed it, that game was against London.

And the Ranger’s lost!!

I remember walking out of the Aud that night in virtual shock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad