TV: The Walking Dead | S8 | PART IV | (NO COMIC DISCUSSION/SPOILERS)

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
At least last week's episode had Dog. This one was just as terrible, with no interesting character. I wish MST3K would narrate this crap.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Another atrocious episode. The only thing you can maybe reason they accomplished was planting seeds for Gabriel to snap. I’m not sure that needed a full episode.

the more we see of these bonus episodes, the more I’m thinking they were just thrown together on a whim as a way to hold over the audience

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Again, I'm halfway through and this is shaping up to be another shitty episode.

EDIT: Just finished it and I retract my initial thought. It was good, definitely the best of the three so far. It was a little jarring to see what Gabriel did, especially with him preaching so earnestly to the guy; but I would have done the same.. the guy was mentally unstable. Can't take those chances anymore..

Last edited:
Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Again, I'm halfway through and this is shaping up to be another shitty episode.

EDIT: Just finished it and I retract my initial thought. It was good, definitely the best of the three so far. It was a little jarring to see what Gabriel did, especially with him preaching so earnestly to the guy; but I would have done the same.. the guy was mentally unstable. Can't take those chances anymore..

I di not expect that from him. But in hindsight, it might have been the right choice.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
I di not expect that from him. But in hindsight, it might have been the right choice.

Certainly was the only smart thing they did the whole show... Aaron lays back on the boards with zombies behind them, they get in the "unmaped" building with flashlights on (while speaking with signs not to get noticed?!), they don't understand that having a pig in captivity probably means the place is inhabited, they get drunk in said inhabited place... I really wanted that bullet to go bang in the (dumbest ever?) russian roulette game.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I am currently confused as to what the f*** the point of these past couple episodes have been.

This show makes me sad. I used to be such a massive massive fan.

I do think Angela Kang has done a real nice job at show runner since taking over, despite the impossible spot she was put in due to the idiotic actions by Gimple caused.

But these last couple episodes... as someone above mentioned, it’s like they were made, simply to be made

Reactions: Pranzo Oltranzista

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
Guessing they were cheap to make. Mostly 3 characters each per the last 2 episodes. Covid or laziness it’s hard to say. With a show that’s coming to an end they sure don’t mind wasting episodes.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Why did they even shoot these episodes? This was a three minutes anecdote stretched over an hour... I get it that they had to do stuff with smaller crew and cast, but yikes...

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I didn’t hate that episode. It was well done, and I liked the ending.

But it seems odd to do a fully centric episode about a character we don’t really know, nor care about.

Anyway, tonight seems to be another Daryl/Carol, moody weird storyline centric episode.

I don’t see why they could have taken these last 4-5 episodes and just crafted mixed episodes together rather than centric episodes

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
That had to be the worst TWD episode of all time. What a gigantic waste of time.

You mean last night, or last week, or the one before that, or the one before the one before that? Since the show returned for these random filler episodes they've been absolutely dreadful.

I get the covid excuse. But just don't do it until you can actually do it. These aren't even half ass, they are much worse.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Oh wow, what a lousy episode. Newsflash: Carol's been a broken killer since s6, nice of Daryl to finally catch on!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You mean last night, or last week, or the one before that, or the one before the one before that? Since the show returned for these random filler episodes they've been absolutely dreadful.

I get the covid excuse. But just don't do it until you can actually do it. These aren't even half ass, they are much worse.

Is COVID really an excuse though? Like, there’s plenty of other shows making quality content right now.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Well, I guess these are technically 'filler' episodes and are not exactly meant to drive the plot forward.

They were just for our entertainment.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Well, I guess these are technically 'filler' episodes and are not exactly meant to drive the plot forward.

They were just for our entertainment.

That's the problem IMO, they don't drive the plot forward (well, maybe the Princess one a little), but they'll drive a part of the audience away.

They're not entertaining anybody with these.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
According to a few of the early reviews of Here’s Negan, this episode isn’t much better

sorry but I didn’t buy a Negan redemption arc earlier and I still don’t

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
According to a few of the early reviews of Here’s Negan, this episode isn’t much better

sorry but I didn’t buy a Negan redemption arc earlier and I still don’t

I agree that it makes no sense they'd accept him with the group. He's still one of my favorite characters from what's left.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
I agree that it makes no sense they'd accept him with the group. He's still one of my favorite characters from what's left.

Don’t get me wrong I enjoy the character but unlike a lot of fans and onscreen characters

I remember him beating Glenn and Abraham to death and mocking the group through the entire thing

I also remember him laughing and asking a very pregnant Maggie if she wanted him to do her a favor and put her out of her misery

Daryl telling Carol that he’d talk to Maggie and basically make her okay with letting Negan out made me spit out my drink. Sorry if I’m going on a rant or being over emotional but Maggie should never have to be okay with the guy that made her a widow being free amongst them

Reactions: Pranzo Oltranzista

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad