TV: The Walking Dead | S8 | PART IV | (NO COMIC DISCUSSION/SPOILERS)

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Another weak episode. Characters being stupid (especially Rick), pointless dialogue, contrived drama. I gave up when Rick decided to slaughter the people who just helped them.

It feels crazy saying it but I liked pacifist Morgan better. Pyschopath Morgan is a horrible character.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Another weak episode. Characters being stupid (especially Rick), pointless dialogue, contrived drama. I gave up when Rick decided to slaughter the people who just helped them.

It feels crazy saying it but I liked pacifist Morgan better. Pyschopath Morgan is a horrible character.

I really enjoyed this episode. Crazy Morgan is an incredible display of acting. We get a different side of Negan and Jadis, and the dialogue between Rick and Morgan was extremely meaningful. Morgan basically saying now that his kid is gone he’s a murderer, and Rick looks at himself as if he’s realizing the same. It comes at an interesting time since Carl basically wrote Rick and told him to be the exact opposite.

A lot to like in this one.

Reactions: Burnoutboi

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Everyone knows Morgan is going over to FTWD and yet they want us to think Morgan is in danger this episode.

I haven’t kept up with the spin-off, but isn’t the timeline of that show a good deal of time in the past? Meaning that whatever they do with Morgan is prior to the “Clear” episode?
Maybe I’m way off

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
I haven’t kept up with the spin-off, but isn’t the timeline of that show a good deal of time in the past? Meaning that whatever they do with Morgan is prior to the “Clear” episode?
Maybe I’m way off
No clue. I stopped watching FTWD sometime close to the end of the 1st season. I couldn't care about a junkie and his predictable family.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
No clue. I stopped watching FTWD sometime close to the end of the 1st season. I couldn't care about a junkie and his predictable family.
Hahaha i stopped at the same point. I’ve heard some good things about it though, i just don’t have the time to start over.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Getting very sick of Traumatized Rick Face after yet another bloodbath with the undead and nameless extras determined to become zombie kibble.

the-walking-dead-season-8-rick-grimes-death-1038858-1280x0.jpg

Dude, you've gone through this about a hundred times.

C'mon, buddy. It should really be old hat by now.

Neilstrong218

Mar 29, 2018
Since it's a new thread, it's actually Season 8...
Thank You!
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/pro.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/pic.png

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Lots of fast forwarding for this one again.

Really? Negan has a few pictures so she turns all passive and weepy? She left the pictures there for him to use as leverage over her just because? He can't even shoot a zombie in the head from a foot away? Even though he has a full clip?

Maggie is the skinniest pregnant woman I have ever seen.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Everyone knows Morgan is going over to FTWD and yet they want us to think Morgan is in danger this episode.

HEs a prime candidate to get killed, actually.

The timeline as I understand it dictates that his time in "Fear" is before the current timeline of the main show.

Now, that same timeline also makes it problemtatic for him to get from Atlanta, to Mexico, to back to the eastern seaboard for Rick to find him again. Unless Fear is making a HUGE timejump to match the current timeline.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Had this debate on here a few yrs ago, but after last nights episode, I’m thoroughly convinced Shane was way ahead of the curve and Rick has turned into a massive hypocrite.

Only debate in my mind now is if Rick is worse than Negan. Rick has killed enough people in cold blood now, that I find it hard to say he’s somehow better than Negan.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
HEs a prime candidate to get killed, actually.

The timeline as I understand it dictates that his time in "Fear" is before the current timeline of the main show.

Now, that same timeline also makes it problemtatic for him to get from Atlanta, to Mexico, to back to the eastern seaboard for Rick to find him again. Unless Fear is making a HUGE timejump to match the current timeline.
FTWD is making a huge time jump.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This is what I thought. Isn't the new FTWD in the future?
I don't know the exact time it will be relative to TWD, but it's jumping by at least a few years from where FTWD was. The trailer even includes Morgan talking about 'fighting back East' between groups.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I really enjoyed this episode. Crazy Morgan is an incredible display of acting. We get a different side of Negan and Jadis, and the dialogue between Rick and Morgan was extremely meaningful. Morgan basically saying now that his kid is gone he’s a murderer, and Rick looks at himself as if he’s realizing the same. It comes at an interesting time since Carl basically wrote Rick and told him to be the exact opposite.

A lot to like in this one.

It's good acting but it's a bad character. No different from Ewan McGregor and Liam Neeson giving superb performances in the prequel trilogy but not having great characters to match up with the performance. I didn't mind the Negan and Jadis scenes, as I've always liked Negan and Jadis as characters. But one sub-arc isn't enough to save the show. The arc with Morgan and Rick just isn't defendable, Morgan is a certifiable psychopath and Rick is nearly the same at this point. The show has been trying to establish that while Rick and Co do bad things, they still have the moral high ground against the Saviours. Which is impossible to recompense with how Rick has acted in the past season and a half.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It's good acting but it's a bad character. No different from Ewan McGregor and Liam Neeson giving superb performances in the prequel trilogy but not having great characters to match up with the performance. I didn't mind the Negan and Jadis scenes, as I've always liked Negan and Jadis as characters. But one sub-arc isn't enough to save the show. The arc with Morgan and Rick just isn't defendable, Morgan is a certifiable psychopath and Rick is nearly the same at this point. The show has been trying to establish that while Rick and Co do bad things, they still have the moral high ground against the Saviours. Which is impossible to recompense with how Rick has acted in the past season and a half.

I just don’t see the difference between Rick and Negan. Negan kills and maims people to keep his community safe. Rick kills and maims to keep his community safe, but he’s now showing a bloodlust Negan hasn’t shown.

I know exactly what the writers are going to pull though and it will be about Rick’s redemption.., *sigh* again. How many times are the writers going to fall back and repeat this arc with Rick?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->