TV: The Walking Dead | S8 | PART IV | (NO COMIC DISCUSSION/SPOILERS)

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Don’t get me wrong I enjoy the character but unlike a lot of fans and onscreen characters

I remember him beating Glenn and Abraham to death and mocking the group through the entire thing

I also remember him laughing and asking a very pregnant Maggie if she wanted him to do her a favor and put her out of her misery

Daryl telling Carol that he’d talk to Maggie and basically make her okay with letting Negan out made me spit out my drink. Sorry if I’m going on a rant or being over emotional but Maggie should never have to be okay with the guy that made her a widow being free amongst them

Ahah, yeah the guy would get killed in his sleep the minute he's out of that cell.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Im going to come with a hot take: I know they’re kinda limited with COVID and what not but after watching these last few episodes they should have just not done these mini episodes at all. I mean S11 and S6 of FTWD both premiere later this year

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
Carol just needs to dye her hair black and listen to depressing music to fully become emo Carol. She's like a 16 year old with a woe is me attitude. It's old at this point. They keep having full episodes to hammer the point that she's depressed. We get it already. Who wants to watch an entire episode of someone moping around the entire time let alone multiple episodes almost back to back. This entire episode was pointless (like the last couple). They should've just waited to come back instead of this junk. Now I remember why I stopped watching earlier in this season.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I gave up sometime during the season after Glen met Lucille.

Is it worth watching from that point on?

I know the broadest of strokes - Rick, Carl etc.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

To add clarity.

JDM was awesome. This was easily the best episode of the additional 6.

Perhaps it’s because I’m not a fan of single storyline centric episodes, but I wasn’t still fully into this one

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
I gave up sometime during the season after Glen met Lucille.

Is it worth watching from that point on?

I know the broadest of strokes - Rick, Carl etc.

Really depends. I'd say yes - seasons 9 and 10 had their moments, but the low points get very low.

To add clarity.

JDM was awesome. This was easily the best episode of the additional 6.

Perhaps it’s because I’m not a fan of single storyline centric episodes, but I wasn’t still fully into this one

Agreed. The first half was very weak, again with their shitty temporal structure (the 6 episodes were very poorly written). The last part, from the wife's death to the end, was pretty good. It was kind of cool to see the old Negan again, even if they didn't put much effort in de-aging JDM.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Best episode of the filler season by far. Still really dull, but the last 20 minutes made it watchable at least.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
I thought that episode was great. Him burning the bat.. good stuff. I know he can never be forgiven for what he did to Glen.. but is anyone else offput by Maggie? Just a little? Like, she waltzes back into these people's lives after a decade and expects what?

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
I've never watched the other show and won't.

If you haven't, no please don't - the first two seasons are boring, 3rd is ok, first half of fourth was pretty good, but then it suddenly dropped to the level of Z Nation for a while... It's only starting to recover.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I thought that episode was great. Him burning the bat.. good stuff. I know he can never be forgiven for what he did to Glen.. but is anyone else offput by Maggie? Just a little? Like, she waltzes back into these people's lives after a decade and expects what?
I’ve always felt it a little strange how Negan was ever allowed to just walk around amongst the main group.

Maggie as a character never did it for me. I forgot about her as soon as she was written off and wish she had stayed away. In Maggie’s absence i thought about Heath more than I did Maggie

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
I’ve always felt it a little strange how Negan was ever allowed to just walk around amongst the main group.

Maggie as a character never did it for me. I forgot about her as soon as she was written off and wish she had stayed away. In Maggie’s absence i thought about Heath more than I did Maggie

I've liked her up until now. But if I really think about it, I haven't liked her as much since Glen died, strangely enough.

And wow, did we ever find out what happened to Heath? Lol.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
So I have been DVR'ing it the last few seasons and watching a few days to a week later and I just watched the last couple episodes and I agree with everyone the last few since the return have been pretty weak but I have to ask, maybe I just remembered it wrong but the episode that Princess and the gang were captured and in the rail cars, was it just me or was Eugene's accent or speech patterns different than normal, when I watched it it almost sounded to me like it was dubbed by a different actor

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
So no more new episodes until next year?

Yep. FTWD comes back tomorrow.

So I have been DVR'ing it the last few seasons and watching a few days to a week later and I just watched the last couple episodes and I agree with everyone the last few since the return have been pretty weak but I have to ask, maybe I just remembered it wrong but the episode that Princess and the gang were captured and in the rail cars, was it just me or was Eugene's accent or speech patterns different than normal, when I watched it it almost sounded to me like it was dubbed by a different actor

Didn't notice. It could have been voluntary anyway, they could say she was imagining the whole thing and didn't know Eugene for very long... in fact, it would be kind of brilliant if it was the case. Not related, but I hate Eugene and really dislike the actor too.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Yep. FTWD comes back tomorrow.

Didn't notice. It could have been voluntary anyway, they could say she was imagining the whole thing and didn't know Eugene for very long... in fact, it would be kind of brilliant if it was the case. Not related, but I hate Eugene and really dislike the actor too.

Yeah that makes sense now that Princess could have been imagining it wrong, when I first watched it I didn't put it together she was imagining things until later on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad