TV: The Walking Dead | S8 | PART IV | (NO COMIC DISCUSSION/SPOILERS)

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
So happy to see Lincoln and Cohan leave. As someone who has lived in The South, their drawls are cringey. Gurira will leave soon as I doubt they'll be able to afford to retain her following Black Panther.

But it's all good, because the cast grows as the story shifts and new characaters slide into the voids. Jesus, Daryl, Carol, Ezekiel, Negan, Gabriel, Jadis; there's plenty of good characters remaining and there will be plenty more in the future. It is a franchise with a fascinating universe that viewers will always tune in to. And when it ends, it will be because the story has come to an end that the producers are satisfied with, not because of an outpouring of whining from entitled dorks.

We saw the same **** on Fear: Nick dies, everyone has a kanipshin fit, and then John seamlessly replaces him.

TWD is for folks like me who have never read the comics and don't plan to. Adults raise children and work; they don't play video games and read comic books. That **** is for children and single people with time to burn.

I disagree. Some shows have a clear start to finish from the beginning. It usually helps the overall story arc. TWD will end when it isn't making enough money for AMC. They could have had one of the best shows ever if they had had the big picture in mind the whole way. There have been too many changes behind the scenes for that and it shows on the screen.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Hope you find something else to watch.

Kidding
Bob's Burgers
Better Call Saul
Arrested Development
Brooklyn 99
Silicon Valley
American Gods
Veep
True Detective
Fargo
Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee
Archer
Taboo
Rick & Morty
Sherlock

I'm fine.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think Shane would have been too reckless too. He would have gotten way more people killed against The Governor before he even met the others.

And it would have made terrific TV.

I always loved how Darabont cast Bernthal as Shane before casting Rick. He knew how important the Shane character was, and wanted to find a Rick who had chemistry with Bernthal.

Ugh, this show under Frank Darabont would have been done so much different.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Andrew Lincoln in the final scene thinking “thank god I’m done with this stupid shit”

Of course they wouldn’t show how the group copes with the loss of Rick for at least one episode lmfao

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Andy called Rick a cuckold :biglaugh:

also said he tried getting out of the show last season when he was bleeding under the tree.

no more reason to watch with Andy gone now and that huge time jump where Judith is now doing what Carl should have been doing. No interest in that at all.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Kidding
Bob's Burgers
Better Call Saul
Arrested Development
Brooklyn 99
Silicon Valley
American Gods
Veep
True Detective
Fargo
Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee
Archer
Taboo
Rick & Morty
Sherlock

I'm fine.

Between this and video games, and the phones and the internet, it's no wonder kids and teens these days never go outside anymore.

Where is the street hockey I ask you????? That shit used to occur all the time.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
I'm torn on Shane's death. It was extremely well done, so I like that it happened, but the Rick/Shane dynamic was so great. It would have been awesome to see how Shane would have handled The Governor, Negan, the Cannibals etc

I don't think Shane necessarily makes it until Season 9, but Season 2 was too early.

He made it longer than he was written to in the books.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So wait...they didn't kill off Rick, instead deciding to remove him from the show to do spinoff movies.

And they kill off Carl, only to introduce girl Carl a few episodes later, but requiring a massive time jump to accomplish it.

Jesus tap-dancing Christ...

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

So wait...they didn't kill off Rick, instead deciding to remove him from the show to do spinoff movies.

And they kill off Carl, only to introduce girl Carl a few episodes later, but requiring a massive time jump to accomplish it.

Jesus tap-dancing Christ...

I keep going back to the interview Chandler did when he was killed off and how he let it slip that Andy hated the travel and hated leaving his family so much, so I expected Rick to be done with the show. That said, I expected him to be killed off and we get a satisfying conclusion to that arc, but instead Andy got AMC to cave and take the filming to him in England to an entirely new location. Like... Lincoln is an amazing actor so I'd be tempted to watch, but I'm so tired off The Walking Dead franchise and how badly Gimple f***ed it all up that I don't even want to give it the time of day.

They should have just given us a satisfying conclusion to the Rick arc but then again, they still have Daryl running around and spinning his tires for about 5 seasons now doing a whole lot of nothing so why would I fool myself into thinking they would do anything wise?

Killing off Carl just to give what should have been his role to Judith in a 7 year time jump is absolute insanity. One, no one is even going to see how the community copes with the immediate realization that Rick is no longer there, and two... you literally had someone who was primed for that spot of the new leader in Carl all along, and you decided to piss it all away and now have Judith leading it? Come the f*** on.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
tenor.gif

I mean I'm happy Lincoln is getting film work, but...to say that is to identify some next level typecasting. And beyond that, to me TWD has been trash since season 3. I don't know how I stuck with it up to S5.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Would have been a pretty sweet episode for the series finale, just with a different ending and fate for Rick.

They really need to end this series. I'd be interested in a spin-off with Darryl and the surviving characters, but this is kind of gonna be like All In the Family, with no Mike and Gloria. So they should just do an Archie's Bunker's Place type spin-off.

There's been rumors and speculation that there would be movies. Especially with Andrew Lincoln saying something like ''My relationship with Rick Grimes is far from over, but I don't wanna say anything more than that''.

Also, if Rick is gonna be around in movies, how will he justify not going back to look for his family? That just sounds stupid.

Whenever the series finale happens, it will probably end with Rick's long awaited return (however many years later) to Alexandria. I mean, it has to, right?

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I thought this fakeout was well done.

AMC had no choice once the Carl thing was leaked...so they ran with this and to be honest it worked at least dor me...i was going to stop watching but now i'll be back next week.

I'm sure Rick will make it back on the show for the final couple episodes whenever that is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad