TV: The Walking Dead | S8 | PART IV | (NO COMIC DISCUSSION/SPOILERS)

GBHockey

Jun 2, 2018
I was left with the feeling of 'wtf' after watching Rick's final episode, definitely turn out the way I expected.

I both loved and disliked the episode though. I enjoyed some of the flashbacks with former characters, especially Herschel and Shane, but some were dragged out too long and looked completely ridiculous. It was difficult to keep track of what was going on I felt. Really enjoyed the Maggie and Negan scenes and the actual scenes with Rick. The latter parts of the episode where Rick does what he does and we see Michonne and Daryl crying, thought the acting was great and it was quite emotional. But then when we think that's it.. we find out it isn't, as a result of the Garbage Lady (forgot her name) and I was sat watching like 'what just happened'.

What really surprised me is how my interest for the show has risen quite a lot again. So long as the next few episodes, or at least those before the end of the season, give us the background of what has happened over the last few years, with the show jumping forward 5 or 6 years, I think I'll begin to enjoy watching again. I want to know what is next, what happened etc. and then we have the reveal that Rick will star in 3 or more movie length TV productions to follow his new adventure. I think those productions will freshen up the series majorly and I really hope they are easy to watch, I.e. no subscription fee or purchase or anything, just shown on TV. That's important to me because being from the UK, in the past we've been left out from accessing content or had to wait a long time to see it. I want to see these productions on Fox, when you guys in North America see them.

The episode itself I found average but I'm pretty excited to see what the future brings.

TomPlex

Jan 24, 2006
www.dermamode.com
'The Walking Dead': Maggie's Last Episode Already Aired, Too

WTF, apparently that was Maggie's last episode of the season too! What a joke.

Speaking to ComicBook.com on the set of The Walking Dead, showrunner Angela Kang opened up about the plans regarding Maggie's possible return. "I'll say first of all that we've still planned some more story with Maggie, Lauren wants to, it will be a little subject to her schedule but hopefully we have her back next season," Kang said. "We have always planned to have this great story with Maggie this season and I think we promised something. We wanted to pay off that promise. We definitely have a very strong Maggie arc."

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Again, so much damn talking about the show by the people in charge. There was also a whole article about Heath maybe getting taken by Jadis earlier on. His is one story line I never understood why people cared so much. The character on the show was basically a warm body.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Digging the new era so far.

Agreed. "Killing" Rick and having almost a hard reset on the story with the time jump seems like it is going to pay off. We have the mystery to unfold about what has happened over the past 6 years. This episode was littered with clues or people, like baby Richone, that they didn't directly address.

If there is one word to describe The Walking Dead recently is would be Stale. The time jump may be a gimmick, but I think it should keep the show interesting at least for a little bit.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Guess the TWD time jump assures us that the FTWD folks don't make it to Alexandria.
They'd be behind TWD again, no?

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I have to watch the episode but they jumped ahead by 6 years!?!? That should be interesting to see how everything plays out and how the story will continue to go on

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I kinda enjoyed the episode despite saying I wasn’t going to watch.

I do dislike how it was like a 5-6 year jump and every main character is there still. Like 1 or 2 people should have died in the time jump.

I really think Angela Kang is good for the show and while she was limited the first half of this half season with what Gimple has done and Lincoln leaving, I thought it was still done better than it was, and now with this reset of the show essentially, that we’ll see Kang do a much better job.

Some cautious optimism is my stand point right now

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I'm cautiously optimistic as well. I see that they jumped ahead to where Judith is the same age Carl was at the beginning of TWD. I get why they did it, but that precocious 10 year old thing can really wear on audiences. I didn't like really young Carl. I really hope they reel it in with Judith before it gets out of hand.

I also agree fully that a 6'ish year time jump shows that everyone (except for Maggie?) is still around. TWD up until now was like less than three years and they lost countless people. Seems really strange things settled down so much that they didn't lose any main character in Alexandria during that whole time.

The Negan scene with Judith was just dumb and weird. I can't imagine they would let him talk to Rick's daughter with no window, etc. He can just whisper his nonsense into whoever's ears he can get. Watch him be the leader of Alexandria after Michonne gets killed off or something ridiculous.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm cautiously optimistic as well. I see that they jumped ahead to where Judith is the same age Carl was at the beginning of TWD. I get why they did it, but that precocious 10 year old thing can really wear on audiences. I didn't like really young Carl. I really hope they reel it in with Judith before it gets out of hand.

I also agree fully that a 6'ish year time jump shows that everyone (except for Maggie?) is still around. TWD up until now was like less than three years and they lost countless people. Seems really strange things settled down so much that they didn't lose any main character in Alexandria during that whole time.

The Negan scene with Judith was just dumb and weird. I can't imagine they would let him talk to Rick's daughter with no window, etc. He can just whisper his nonsense into whoever's ears he can get. Watch him be the leader of Alexandria after Michonne gets killed off or something ridiculous.

The Negan-Judith stuff mimic'd the Negan-Carl stuff from the comics.

Though I believe Carl was inside the actual jail area, and not talking to him from a window lol

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
I was just thinking about how long has it been since the outbreak at his point? Over 12 years now? How are there so many zombies still around with the weather, elements, and decay?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I’m starting to wonder if the actors on the show have all been hyping this season because they know it’s hot garbage. All we heard for months was OMG ANGELA KANG!!!! And the first half of this season has been an unmitigated disaster. They literally took the lead role, the guy that has been on top for 8 seasons, wrote him off the show and somehow made me not even care that he was gone.

And this upcoming storyline is just painfully slow when we all know what’s coming! I could not be any more disappointed with this half season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad