TV: The Walking Dead | S7 | PART II | (NO COMIC DISCUSSION/SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Honestly you people saying it goes to slow are ridiculous. The story has to build up and progress slowly. This is what life would look like if it actually happened. Wouldn't be zombie slaying action packed fest 24/7.

Completely disagree. The pacing in recent seasons has been horrendous. Half these episodes feel like filler and the ratings show it as well. Take for example the pacing of Rick and the crew moving into Oceanside and taking over. It was quick, well done, and progressed the story line quickly and efficiently. Then take the episode where Rick and Michonne found the carnival, or the garbage people episode. Painfully slow, felt out of place, and awful CGI to boot.

I don't think it the zombie apocalypse would be a 24/7 action packed bloodbath, but I also doubt there'd be as many psychopaths running the show. It's tough to say this is how life would be. Also, who wants their fiction to be as realistic as possible? The ZA would probably be a lot more foraging, rebuilding, and humdrum day to day life. I don't want to see that. To each their own though.

I am looking forward to a confrontation between the Saviors and collective other societies, but there isn't enough time left to do it properly without another insulting cliffhanger. Season 6's cliffhanger was a kick in the nuts to viewers. There was enough to cut out of this season to give this at least 2-3 episodes to happen and deal with the fallout, but here we are.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I thought that was a pretty good build up episode.

But, I get the cool thing is to hate on the show, so...

(and before anyone is like "lol you fanboy though" I don't think I've watched an episode live since maybe the 2nd or 3rd one of the season)

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I thought that was a pretty good build up episode.

But, I get the cool thing is to hate on the show, so...

(and before anyone is like "lol you fanboy though" I don't think I've watched an episode live since maybe the 2nd or 3rd one of the season)

oh you fan boy!!! :sarcasm:

I don't think its the "cool thing" to be frustrated with the show. I believe the show brought it on itself with the Glenn under the dumpster fiasco and cliff hanger from last season. The writing and story direction has not been the greatest either imo.

that being said, I still watch it weekly and enjoy it.

I just have a feeling/knowing that they are going to leave this season as a cliff-hanger again as they did not leave enough time imo to wage an impactful war against the saviours unless the do an inside job where everyone turns on negan and a shot isn't fired.

jmo

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
If I had to bet, I think we see one decisive battle won by Rick's side (as losing means death) that starts the war. What I hope doesn't happen is that the episode ends with them in a precarious position as a cliffhanger to be resolved next season.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I hope they troll and end the season with another POV of Negan bashing someone's head in

SenorDingDong

Apr 1, 2006
Toronto
I'm hoping all this super mellow Carol all season will now become this.

Carol-Rambo-The-Walking-Dead.jpg

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
So who do we think is Negan's "little birdie" that told him Rick has been up to no good? Think Jadis could be working for the Saviors?

Edit: I see its already been discussed. I don't think its Gregory, he hasn't even told Simon yet.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
Also, they're not going to end the war in the finale. They haven't even actually went to war with the Saviors yet. I bet the finale ends with the first battle or at least with Negan recognizing he's going to war with Rick.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Who actually thinks in this thread that the war will end in the finale? I wouldn't be surprised if Negan was around for 3+ seasons.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Who actually thinks in this thread that the war will end in the finale? I wouldn't be surprised if Negan was around for 3+ seasons.

I think the war will go on beyond this season. They've done it before with the governor. At the very least, I hope we see Neagan's group in a situation where they realize that their control is in serious jeopardy before the season ends.

Go Habs Go

May 23, 2002
Mississauga
www.fanhome.com
I don't think war will start in the next episode (at least not Rick and his crew attacking). I think Negan will launch a pre-emptive strike putting Rick's crew in some precarious situation. Then next season will begin with them getting out of it and then the war starts. Who knows, it may even last more then 1 season.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don't think war will start in the next episode (at least not Rick and his crew attacking). I think Negan will launch a pre-emptive strike putting Rick's crew in some precarious situation. Then next season will begin with them getting out of it and then the war starts. Who knows, it may even last more then 1 season.

Please not another cliff hanger.:help:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
If it's another straight up cliffhanger like last season's I'm done with this show. You can hold me to that. If it actually resolves something and there's a cliffhanger after that I'm fine with it but if it's like last season's where they make you wait for the next season to see who dies, I'm done.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
If it's another straight up cliffhanger like last season's I'm done with this show. You can hold me to that. If it actually resolves something and there's a cliffhanger after that I'm fine with it but if it's like last season's where they make you wait for the next season to see who dies, I'm done.

No matter what something will be unresolved, but there better not be another 60's Batman "stay tuned for next time" type cliffhanger that leaves the group in a precarious position with no resolution for 6 months.

Go Habs Go

May 23, 2002
Mississauga
www.fanhome.com
No matter what something will be unresolved, but there better not be another 60's Batman "stay tuned for next time" type cliffhanger that leaves the group in a precarious position with no resolution for 6 months.

I don't know why cliffhangers have become a problem with TWD fans. Almost all top shows do this and nobody has a problem with that.

I think it shows just how much TWD fans love the show that they lose their minds when theres a cliffhanger...

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don't know why cliffhangers have become a problem with TWD fans. Almost all top shows do this and nobody has a problem with that.

I think it shows just how much TWD fans love the show that they lose their minds when theres a cliffhanger...

I have a problem with cheap cliffhangers on every show.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

There is obviously going to be some kind of cliff hanger. There is with any show. But what they did last year was a cheap cliff hanger. If they show Abe getting his head bashed in and then Negan swing at Glenn and it pans out at that moment with everybody knowing Abe is done and Glenn just got smashed but they end it there. You are giving people the "satisfaction" of a pay off but also leaving a hook there to bring them back in next season to see the aftermath. They have wasted so much potential. Last years finale should have been the best episode the series has ever done but they got in their own way and the entire thing had less impact. If that episode ends with Glenn's eye popping out of his head and him calling for Maggie that is by far the best episode they've ever done. But instead it is the biggest disappointment.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
There is obviously going to be some kind of cliff hanger. There is with any show. But what they did last year was a cheap cliff hanger. If they show Abe getting his head bashed in and then Negan swing at Glenn and it pans out at that moment with everybody knowing Abe is done and Glenn just got smashed but they end it there. You are giving people the "satisfaction" of a pay off but also leaving a hook there to bring them back in next season to see the aftermath. They have wasted so much potential. Last years finale should have been the best episode the series has ever done but they got in their own way and the entire thing had less impact. If that episode ends with Glenn's eye popping out of his head and him calling for Maggie that is by far the best episode they've ever done. But instead it is the biggest disappointment.

I agree with all of this. I actually really liked that finale...up until the cheap cliffhanger. It should have at the very least ended with Abraham getting his head bashed in so we got some closure on the season. Saving the Glenn moment for the season opener could have still be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad