TV: The Walking Dead | S7 | PART II | (NO COMIC DISCUSSION/SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
60 Minutes of Walking Dead Broken Down:

30 Minutes of Commercials

28 Minutes of useless chatter and character emotions

2 Minutes of actual story line Progression

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It was ok. Pacing wasn't the greatest in the episode, but it was far from the low point of this season.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Must say I am really letdown by season 7

2nd part of season 6 was great and the opener this year was great.. but since then it has been pretty bad and now it is looking like they are heading straight to all out war already, so rushed..ugh.
You think it's rushed? It's been building all season. It's taken them time to find people and weapons, they haven't just gone to the end in one episode. And besides, the war isn't going to end in the finale. It'll go on a while longer.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Its going to feel that way, pacing will be off while they build this up

we have main characters living in 4 different communities.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
How many more seasons can they pump out from the source material? You'd think the series would be winding down sooner than later. Or did they just slow burn all the major events and have 3/4 of the story left to tell? I am basically just watching at this point to see what the resolution will be.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I assumed it was Gregory.

They showed him in this episode getting ready to go tell the Steven Ogg character though. Why would they show all that and have it be him who already said something?

Junkyard people do have something to gain, they can cut a deal like The Kingdom did instead of risking retribution from the Saviors. They've already gotten a bunch of free stuff from Alexandria as well, and who would actually trust those crazy people?

Jan 3, 2012
Honestly you people saying it goes to slow are ridiculous. The story has to build up and progress slowly. This is what life would look like if it actually happened. Wouldn't be zombie slaying action packed fest 24/7.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I wish Negan had been written to be more realistic of what a dictator would be like.

I get that making him have his own moral code makes him more likable, but there is pretty much no way a guy in his position would be so trustworthy with outsiders.

"Hey, I smashed your friends' heads in, you came to assasinate me, wanna be friends?"

He kills a trustworthy and valauable savior like his doctor for some petty reason, but when you try to kill him, you gain his respect and he wants you to join his crew?

Like wtf? Carl, Rosita and Sasha have all made attempts on his life and he is still all hip about it...

There is no way he wouldn't be putting these people down fast. He has no problem killing his own people without hesitation, but people trying to kill him from the same group, 2 and 3 times... gotta make friends!

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I wish Negan had been written to be more realistic of what a dictator would be like.

I get that making him have his own moral code makes him more likable, but there is pretty much no way a guy in his position would be so trustworthy with outsiders.

"Hey, I smashed your friends' heads in, you came to assasinate me, wanna be friends?"

He kills a trustworthy and valauable savior like his doctor for some petty reason, but when you try to kill him, you gain his respect and he wants you to join his crew?

Like wtf? Carl, Rosita and Sasha have all made attempts on his life and he is still all hip about it...

There is no way he wouldn't be putting these people down fast. He has no problem killing his own people without hesitation, but people trying to kill him from the same group, 2 and 3 times... gotta make friends!

One of Genghis Khan's top generals was a guy who shot his horse out from under him in a battle. It's not that Negan trusts these people right away, it's that he realizes talent is scarce and is trying to get as much if it on his side as possible. There are risks involved for sure, but if he kills every single person that is a threat to him his group will be weaker, not stronger.

He's killed people from his own group that know the rules and have been given the chance to join. He'll kill Daryl if he finds him, and will kill Eugene if he goes against him.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
They showed him in this episode getting ready to go tell the Steven Ogg character though. Why would they show all that and have it be him who already said something?

Junkyard people do have something to gain, they can cut a deal like The Kingdom did instead of risking retribution from the Saviors. They've already gotten a bunch of free stuff from Alexandria as well, and who would actually trust those crazy people?

Nothing they've done suggests the would ever accept being a tributary. They don't even want to be partners with Alexandria, it's just an exchange, give us guns, we'll fight for you (and who knows if they actually will anyway). I don't see them ever accepting being in a tributary relationship with the Saviors. They gain nothing. They gain more from just ****ing over Rick's group than backstabbing them.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Nothing they've done suggests the would ever accept being a tributary. They don't even want to be partners with Alexandria, it's just an exchange, give us guns, we'll fight for you (and who knows if they actually will anyway). I don't see them ever accepting being in a tributary relationship with the Saviors. They gain nothing. They gain more from just ****ing over Rick's group than backstabbing them.

They gain their lives most of all.

I also never said it was their leader or whole group either, but it could be one of the many junkyard red shirts.

Last edited:

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

So your ruling it out being Gregory because you think it would be poor writing? Perhaps you should reconsider. :laugh:

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
you could see one of rosita or sasha would fall into the negan hostage storyline. it was so stupidly planned from the beginning. instead of staying low and wait for guns to be go to snipers they get emotional breakdowns each while rick is gone... and turn them self's over to the enemy... yep, sasha and rosita take over andreas role in the group. whenever negan waves his hostages around i hope they get offed by ricks group quick, they made their choice.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
you could see one of rosita or sasha would fall into the negan hostage storyline. it was so stupidly planned from the beginning. instead of staying low and wait for guns to be go to snipers they get emotional breakdowns each while rick is gone... and turn them self's over to the enemy... yep, sasha and rosita take over andreas role in the group. whenever negan waves his hostages around i hope they get offed by ricks group quick, they made their choice.

Shooting the hostage seems like a Carol move.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I thought it was a good episode, but you can see interest wavering for this show even in this thread. The page count barely moved after this episode aired.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
One of Genghis Khan's top generals was a guy who shot his horse out from under him in a battle. It's not that Negan trusts these people right away, it's that he realizes talent is scarce and is trying to get as much if it on his side as possible. There are risks involved for sure, but if he kills every single person that is a threat to him his group will be weaker, not stronger.

He's killed people from his own group that know the rules and have been given the chance to join. He'll kill Daryl if he finds him, and will kill Eugene if he goes against him.

I get why he gives people a chance. That makes sense since the human race is dying off.

However, when three people try to kill you from the same damn group, any smart leader is going to make examples out of them probably by the second attempt.

He even realizes Sasha was there when he egged her friends heads. He has to be smart enough to know by now this group is hell bent on revenge and taking him out.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
You think it's rushed? It's been building all season. It's taken them time to find people and weapons, they haven't just gone to the end in one episode. And besides, the war isn't going to end in the finale. It'll go on a while longer.

To be fair I am assuming the "war" will end next episode which would suck after such a poor build up. We've seen this before with the show with the biggest example being the cannibals the season 4B part was pretty great (even though it started the trend of always splitting up the group) and then we see them for two episodes and we get that terrible hospital arc ugh.

It is just I wish we saw more of each group being under the heel of the saviors a bit more, we got a bunch of that but the pacing really hurt the impact this show would be so much better if we had say a 13 episode season.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'd be shocked if the war ends in the finale. If anything we'll only get the first encounter, or nothing at all and another terrible cliffhanger.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I'd be shocked if the war ends in the finale. If anything we'll only get the first encounter, or nothing at all and another terrible cliffhanger.

I am leaning towards this as they have to defeat negan's outposts and central base, they cant accomplish all this in one "extended" (code name for more commercials) episode and do it justly to satisfy the viewer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad