Blue Jays Discussion: The Vladimir Guerrero Jr. injury overreaction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I don't follow newspapers a lot. However, his weight gain could be a potential problem. Not really worried because the Jays will keep it in check.

I feel like I’m having deja vu considering this talk was happening with Osuna too. There’s some worry, yeah, because he could bloat in the offseason like Sano. But he’s also better at everything, and Sano was like 230 when he signed. If Vlad hovers around 230-240 but is transforming fat into muscle, I don’t see much of a problem.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Perhaps if that is how you want to read it but i think its Dorian doing damage control. In what world does a bottom 3 team want roster players back when they are trading a better roster player with the draft in 3 days?

I think its more of an excuse/damage control because the return for Hoffman was brutal considering what he could have got from Florida.

It's not Dorion who clarified. It's Dale Tallon. I assume Florida's GM isn't doing damage control for the Sens, and is telling the truth.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
If I am Shatkins I would be selling the rebuild to the fan base. They can point to the Leafs and say it worked here. They can say we want to build around VGJ, Bichette, Hernandez and some of the other prospects they have. Sell off all the vets for futures and do a Leafs tank job or a Cubs rebuild you can sell that to Jays fans. VGJ, Bichette among others will allow the rebuild to happen quicker than normally would.

Enough with the recycled vets and marginal players. Sell all that is not part of the future and release those like Morales that are taking away playing time from the kids

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
I feel like I’m having deja vu considering this talk was happening with Osuna too. There’s some worry, yeah, because he could bloat in the offseason like Sano. But he’s also better at everything, and Sano was like 230 when he signed. If Vlad hovers around 230-240 but is transforming fat into muscle, I don’t see much of a problem.

I brought this up before the season, hopefully not another Sandoval, I suppose your solution is Olive Oil every hour on the hour.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I brought this up before the season, hopefully not another Sandoval, I suppose your solution is Olive Oil every hour on the hour.

Every time Sandoval came to camp in (better) shape, he had a terrible start to his season. So that's a perfect example, sure.

And I don't know how to reply to that second part. Are you prejudicing me because of my ethnicity? Because that's hilarious.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Every time Sandoval came to camp in shape, he had a terrible start to his season. So that's a perfect example, sure.

And I don't know how to reply to that second part. Are you prejudicing me because of my ethnicity? Because that's hilarious.

Don't be silly you guys have been around for ever why wouldn't I take advantage of your heritage, may the Gods be with you. Big fan of Milt Pappas damn Arm injuries curtailed his Career.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
It's not Dorion who clarified. It's Dale Tallon. I assume Florida's GM isn't doing damage control for the Sens, and is telling the truth.

Multiple sources claiming Dorion didn't want to deal in his division which is exactly why the Jays shouldn't do.

Not hockey talk, its related to baseball and the point I was making.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Multiple sources claiming Dorion didn't want to deal in his division which is exactly why the Jays shouldn't do.

Not hockey talk, its related to baseball and the point I was making.

Without veering in to hockey talk, I fully agree with you that the Jays should take the best return that's available to them, even if it comes from within the division.

Reactions: Anthrax442

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The Jays better get Vlad Jr in the Gary Roberts training program before he turns 20 or he won’t even be a one dimensional DH when he gets to Toronto.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
borucki, SRF, and zeuch are ready to move up.

Garcia is ready to move down. or away.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
It's hockey talk and unnecessary drivel.

Its not and if you think it is then sue me.

I drew a comparison from another sport to make my point. Did it earlier today comparing playoff spots in other sports and 2 days before that referencing the leafs not disclosing Matthews injury in relation to Stroman/Donaldson.

Not hard to see the connection and see the point I was making while appreciating what the connection/metaphor brought to the table.

Last edited:

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
borucki, SRF, and zeuch are ready to move up.

Garcia is ready to move down. or away.
Borucki I agree with, I have to imagine he's in the Jays rotation by the trade deadline at the latest. SRF has done well, but has only had 5 starts in AAA. Zeuch hasn't really impressed me enough at AA to warrant a move up, and he's only had 8 starts in AA anyway. Garcia has been a let down, he was my starting pitching target on the free agent market.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
The metaphor/comparison isn't the issue. The multi-post conversation about the specific justifications behind a hockey trade is.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Ya would like to see some of the young guys come up even if it is slowly. Gacria has sucked except against the O's. Give Borucki or SRF a shot. No point in keeping Garcia.

If you get a trade offer for him, take it obviously.

However with two FA starting pitchers already moving out (Estrada and Happ), they may want to keep Garcia over having too many young guys in at once and sending him away for nothing.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Borucki I agree with, I have to imagine he's in the Jays rotation by the trade deadline at the latest. SRF has done well, but has only had 5 starts in AAA. Zeuch hasn't really impressed me enough at AA to warrant a move up, and he's only had 8 starts in AA anyway. Garcia has been a let down, he was my starting pitching target on the free agent market.

Another dominant outing from Zeuch tonight.

his last 6 starts: 7.1ip/gs, 1.28era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad