The Vincent Lecavalier Thread-Part III: Philly loves dumb contracts (22.5/5, NMC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
Assuming Vinny signs and we have to keep DD and Pleky, I can see us making it work by placing Vinny on the wing to start off...

Galchenyuk - Eiller - Vinny
Pacioretty - DD - Gallagher
Bourque - Pleky - Gionta
Prust - Dumont - White

Plekanec would be able to play against the top offensive line and gives us some offensive output occasionally.

If we sign Vinny, DD won't stay center :laugh: Plekanec won't be 3rd line center :laugh:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Yep, I think the fact he hasn't straight up told montreal he's not going there yet speaks to how much he wants to come play here.

He might be trying to get us to add 1 more year or something to our offer before deciding where he wants to go for sure.

Yes agreed...I don't really think money is the issue here as much as its term

Vinny wants a contract int he 5 year range...Habs don't want to commit to anything over 3 it looks like.

You'd think if both parties have a willingless to committ to each other, they'd find a way to get it done.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
3 years would be perfect. I like that MB is only offering that. Vinny wants 5..

Just meet at 4 and if he really declines by that year just buy him out.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I'd also add Ottawa to that list with the Leafs and Bruins. I don't know why but I've despised the Sens team more than any other since they came back to the NHL.

Yea I forgot about them. Everything to do with Karlsson has just made me really dislike their fans. I'll be pissed if Vinny goes there.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Abe Hefter ‏@hefteronthehabs
OK. I'm hearing V.L. wants 5 yrs & #HABS offering 3. #HABS really want him? He really wants to play here? Settle on 4 yrs & shake hands. No?
Very smart move by Bergevin to not roll the dice on 5 years...I think that would look quite bad in about 3.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I dont think he can handle the pressure here

I remember when he got an ovation during the ASG in Montreal, he really looked scared

I don't think pressure has anything to do with it

Money and how long it's going to be paid to him does though...

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
If Vinny wants 5 and the Habs want 3, meet at 4 and sweeten the pot with an extra 500K per. You'll make your money back in a week Mr Molson

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
If we sign Vinny, DD won't stay center :laugh: Plekanec won't be 3rd line center :laugh:

You didn't get the memo?

Eller is our best center NOW. He will move to the 2nd line about 10 minutes into next season's opener only because Galchenyuk will then be ready to assume 1st line duties.

Pleky is expected to retire during the 2nd intermission and DD will be converted into a 3.5M coffee table.

Oh, and about halfway somewhere during the season, the Habs lineup will consist uniquely of players under 25 years old that are actually with the team or in the pipeline.

:sarcasm:

SteveArg

Jul 2, 2013

3rd line centre is just on paper... If Pleky plays against top lines, it's obvious he will be playing close to 20 minutes a game with his PK time.....
As for DD, he can only play with Pacioretty and his only usefulness to this team is that he has to put up close to 60pts a year..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad