The Vincent Lecavalier Thread-Part III: Philly loves dumb contracts (22.5/5, NMC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmac1160*

Does anyone have a video of Vinnys interview after he found out he was bought out? Heard he was pretty bummed.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Some posters are talking about waiting for the July 5 FA-go-on-the-market date, but that doesn't apply to VL as a buyout, he is permitted to sign and announce before July 5.

EDIT: "Given that Lecavalier was extended a compliance buyout, he was permitted to speak with teams prior to 12:01 a.m. ET on July 3. While he might announce his decision on Wednesday, he will not be eligible to officially sign a contract until noon on July 5 at the start of free agency."

Thanks for the correction guys, looks like I was wrong, VL can negotiate and announce a deal anytime, but has to wait for July 5 to ink the contract.

Last edited:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The problem is we're treating this like an episode of The Bachelorette, while Vinny's sitting back and letting his agent enjoy Game of Thrones.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Some posters are talking about waiting for the July 5 FA-go-on-the-market date, but that doesn't apply to VL as a buyout, he would be permitted to sign and announce before July 5.

Nop! Vinny can negociate now but CANT sign before july 5.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Great title.

The future of Quebec hinges on The Horseman's decision.

It is his alone.

He has more than enough money for one man as it is.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Some posters are talking about waiting for the July 5 FA-go-on-the-market date, but that doesn't apply to VL as a buyout, he is permitted to sign and announce before July 5.

True, but I think the GMs have to have a firm idea of which UFA they might get before committing to Lecavalier. It's a multi-million dollar dominoes game.

EDIT: Whoops - not true...

SteveArg

Jul 2, 2013
Assuming Vinny signs and we have to keep DD and Pleky, I can see us making it work by placing Vinny on the wing to start off...

Galchenyuk - Eiller - Vinny
Pacioretty - DD - Gallagher
Bourque - Pleky - Gionta
Prust - Dumont - White

Plekanec would be able to play against the top offensive line and gives us some offensive output occasionally.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Come on VL, do the right thing dawg. Come play for an up and rising team with a legit chance to win the cup once they get their d sorted a bit.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Can we all agree though, despite contract and term and whatever, that just seeing Lecavalier in red at home next october is going to be spine-tingling?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
i'd love him on the habs but i'm not ****ing falling into this drama again :laugh:
no expctations. regardless stay the course, and if they can't sign him find some jam to surround the leftover smurfs

dreamingofdrouin*

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet 1h

Red Wings have been told they are not in the Vinny Lecavalier bidding war. Sounds like he's close to deciding.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Could also be Vancouver so he can play under Tortorella again or in New York to play with his friend Richards.

Just kidding. It would suck if he does not choose Montreal. Come on, we're much more of a contender than Dallas.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I find there is wayyy too much drama on this.

Yes he would be a nice guy to add, but the cap hit and term is very important. If we have learned anything in the cap world it's that overpaying just to "get a player" can set the franchise back not forward...Bryzgalov Gomez Drury Briere Redden Komisarek Souray Dipietro Lecavalier all big deals having been bought out with Richards and Luongo coming very close.

So why is thread all about "getting him" and "not getting him". When he does decide, my happiness or anger will result from where and for what he signed for as much as jusy us getting or not getting him. If he gets 6 years 36 mil somewhere then I'll be happy it wasn't us...if we give him that much I'll be pissed.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet 2m
Red Wings have been told they are not in the Vinny Lecavalier bidding war. Sounds like he's close to deciding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->