The Vincent Lecavalier Thread - Part II: Bergevin's headache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Vinny the player fits EXTREMELY well in Montreal. His contract....maybe not.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 38s
Contrary to some reports out there, Vincent Lecavalier has NOT narrowed his choices down to just 1 team. The process is still ongoing.

:innocent:

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Since the lockout, we've had ONE well-sized top6 centre and his name was Robert Lang.

A 6'4" top6 centre fits the Hab as well as anything could fit in with anything. Legos. Ikea pieces. Me with the cool kids. Whatever.

I'd rather have Lecavalier than Desharnais any day but being 6'4" doesn't make him the messiah, but it wouldn't stop everyone from treating him like one. Plus I'm not sure it would have been a good move when after signing Vinny, we trade Plekanec and a 2nd round pick for David Perron.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 38s
Contrary to some reports out there, Vincent Lecavalier has NOT narrowed his choices down to just 1 team. The process is still ongoing.

:innocent:

Funny to read/hear all these insider's pass off their opinions as fact...when the one person who could actually be trusted in this whole thing IMO, Renaud Lavoie, hasn't said a damn thing.

But for Vinny's sake...the quicker he makes a decision, the better it will be for him. This whole thing will reach Lebron-like-decision-day proportions soon, and it will just increase the pressure he'll have to deal with wherever he signs.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
I never liked Pierre LeBrun. He and all the other "big" reporters like to speculate but rarely offer any scoops. They speculate conservatively and always use caveats and clauses so they seem reasonable but at the end of the day they bring a negligible amount of NEW and/or PERTINENT information to the public.

edit: I realize the posts got deleted by mods but Dallas is an inferior destination to Montreal in every single way except for the taxes.

So true. theyre like horoscope writers.

Your description of Dallas was perfect, then again Florida is a pretty ****** place too when it comes to a lot of those things. Maybe the guy just likes hanging out in the sun with no pressure.

But damn, this Habs team just won the division, has an aggressive new management team, deep pockets, and lots of good young players. A very good chance they are cup contenders during the 4 or so years VL would be here. Passing up a chance at a Cup in Montreal to play for a nothing team like the Stars? Whatever, good riddance I guess.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
So much contradictory reports out there. Obviously the majority of these reporters have no clue or are being trolled, I wouldn't put much trust into what they say.

I'm cautiously optimistic Lecavalier signs with us. I just hope Bergevin didn't wear his draft day tuxedo when he met him which would have destroyed all his credibility.

Seriously, how ugly was that tuxedo? :shakehead:

The Doors said:
So true. theyre like horoscope writers.

Your description of Dallas was perfect, then again Florida is a pretty ****** place too when it comes to a lot of those things. Maybe the guy just likes hanging out in the sun with no pressure.

But damn, this Habs team just won the division, has an aggressive new management team, deep pockets, and lots of good young players. A very good chance they are cup contenders during the 4 or so years VL would be here. Passing up a chance at a Cup in Montreal to play for a nothing team like the Stars? Whatever, good riddance I guess.

Exactly what I'm going to think if he signs with Dallas. We don't really know what Lecavalier wants and if he signs with Dallas it means he's not really interested in winning. I don't want Lecavalier to be a Habs if he doesn't want to win another cup.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
Once every 2 years the last 6 years, I become a damn twitter and hfboards addict because of lecavalier. June/July is the lecavalier season. It's pathetic. Just sign with the habs already to cure my rumors addiction. :laugh:

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
So much contradictory reports out there. Obviously the majority of these reporters have no clue or are being trolled, I wouldn't put much trust into what they say.

I'm cautiously optimistic Lecavalier signs with us. I just hope Bergevin didn't wear his draft day tuxedo when he met him which would have destroyed all his credibility.

Seriously, how ugly was that tuxedo? :shakehead:

They need to stop shopping chez Ernest!!!

SteveArg

Jul 2, 2013
Lets say Vinny signs with Montreal, what jersey number does he wear? Any chance his idol Le Grand Jean, offers his #4 ?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I'd rather have Lecavalier than Desharnais any day but being 6'4" doesn't make him the messiah, but it wouldn't stop everyone from treating him like one. Plus I'm not sure it would have been a good move when after signing Vinny, we trade Plekanec and a 2nd round pick for David Perron.

Unknown unknowns, man.

The Perron deal is another bit of speculation, so we can't reasonably speculate on Lecavalier and then speculate on a post-Lecavalier trade.

The fact that he's big AND talented puts him ahead of every centre we've have had since the lockout. 5x5 is the upper limit of what I'd reasonably offer but that doesn't make him a bad fit at all.

Desharnais is a bad fit.
Gionta as 1st line RW is a bad fit.
Bouillon on the powerplay is a bad fit.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
Funny to read/hear all these insider's pass off their opinions as fact...when the one person who could actually be trusted in this whole thing IMO, Renaud Lavoie, hasn't said a damn thing.

I've pointed that out in this thread before, absolutely agreed. Something is either up or nothing is up at all with Vinny for him to be keeping quiet, and these reporters are all blowing smoke up our *****. I'm hoping it's the former, and in a good way.

Speaking HENGLISH pleaze!

:poutine::poutine:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I hope Vinny goes elsewhere so we can have a thread of people whining about how he disowned Quebec, and Montreal.

Why would he come here? He can cheer for the Habs when he retires. Coming here just means he'll go from hero to zero every other week. The media will give him constant passes, but the fans will be like rabid wolverines.

Guy would be way smarter picking a team like Dallas. He'll be able to wind down his career quietly while playing with one of the premier playmaking wingers after St.Louis.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Guy would be way smarter picking a team like Dallas. He'll be able to wind down his career quietly while playing with one of the premier playmaking wingers after St.Louis.

Montreal is a far better franchise than Dallas in so many ways. For one, we don't have the stench of Bob Gainey's failure lingering in the halls here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad