The True Football (Not American)/Futol/Soccer Thread: Part IV

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma

Well that was exciting at the end :laugh:

Always in so much better mood when United win.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Wow, Real Madrid getting demolished. I will say that La Liga has destroyed the EPL this week in entertainment.

Lol at the McSorley poster, wanting Barca to win so they fire Perez. :laugh: I am Wenger out, but I am so after 9 years. Perez always buys the best players in the world, always contenders in every league they're in, and he wants him fired? :laugh:

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
So one team steamrolling the other is boring if it's the EPL but fantastic entertainment if it's the La Liga? OK.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Wow, Real Madrid getting demolished. I will say that La Liga has destroyed the EPL this week in entertainment.

Great game at Watford, West Brom beating Arsenal, Liverpool smashing City at City, Swansea-Bournemouth great game.

Man, the BBVA must have had games of the centuries to destroy the BPL.
Not saying it wasn't better, but destroyed is a big hyperbole.

EDIT: They have two finished games................ wow

But Suarez is a beast though. Like we knew from before.
Has really bedded in greatly into that team.

Also Leicester is leading the BPL.
I repeat, Leicester is leading the BPL.

Last edited:

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I expected D2M to have a more striking influence here after last night.
Dominant performance.

If anyone has any idea why Real appointed Benitez I'd love to know.
Has been terrible and a choker everywhere he's been since that flukey 05 win.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Was out all day yesterday celebrating Nzap... WHAT A WEEKEND FOR ME!:laugh:

That and was working on a paper.

My thoughts on the game are in the Liga thread, in case anyone wanted to read them.

AS far as Rafa goes, well Perez doesn't like to sit idle when Madrid lose, either buy a big name player or change coaches or both. Luckily for Barca, there was really no upgrade on Carlo when they fired him Klopp wasn't available and I doubt he'd go there anyway. Rafa is also Spanish which probably influenced his decision.

So one team steamrolling the other is boring if it's the EPL but fantastic entertainment if it's the La Liga? OK.

It's actually the other way around.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
Was out all day yesterday celebrating Nzap... WHAT A WEEKEND FOR ME!:laugh:

That and was working on a paper.

My thoughts on the game are in the Liga thread, in case anyone wanted to read them.

AS far as Rafa goes, well Perez doesn't like to sit idle when Madrid lose, either buy a big name player or change coaches or both. Luckily for Barca, there was really no upgrade on Carlo when they fired him Klopp wasn't available and I doubt he'd go there anyway. Rafa is also Spanish which probably influenced his decision.

It's actually the other way around.

When a big team is destroying a small team it's boring no matter what league (unless it's your team doing the destroying :D). But SEPH specifically said that City-Pool was boring while Real-Barca was great entertainment when both games were pretty much the same. One team didn't turn up while the other ran riot.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That's funny Hesher, because I am one of the more outspoken posters here about EPL and La Liga. I would rather watch Leicester City vs Newcastle than Getafe CF vs Rayo in La Liga. I do consider the EPL the more "entertainment" league, but not this week. And I still stand by that.

Great game at Watford, West Brom beating Arsenal, Liverpool smashing City at City, Swansea-Bournemouth great game.

Also Leicester is leading the BPL.
I repeat, Leicester is leading the BPL.
As I said to Hesher, I prefer EPL over BBVA a lot of the times, but I didn't enjoy United/Watford, I didn't enjoy seeing Arteta on the piitch in West Brom, and the Liverpool game was so boring that it was already over. At least in the El Clasico, there was superb goal scoring opportunities after it was 4-0 in the 85th minute. Neymar was brilliant to watch (I hate him, but breathtaking). Who the hell am I going to watch in City/Pool? Klopp's smile? A broken Aguero? An old man Yaya? KdB was the only one that seemed interested to still compete, you had reds for Real Madrid in the later minutes of the match showing a rivalry against each other.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
When a big team is destroying a small team it's boring no matter what league (unless it's your team doing the destroying :D).

I can vouch for that.
The 7-1 hammering of Blackburn in 09 was something I haven't seen since from United (missed the 8-2 hammering of Arsenal).

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Anyone watching this crazy Madrid-Shakhtar match? Really want to see Shakhtar pull this off.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
What a bag full of human excrement mixed with a lot of ****

Shocking performance by most of the team.
Schneiderlin particularly looked like a League 1 footballer.
Absolutely terrible.
I mean even with us playing that bad, PSV had no chances.
We had to obviously miss a sitter (Lingard) and two good opportunities (Martial and Schneiderlin).

Difficult away fixture against Wolfsburg coming up.
Have to get a win there to go through unless PSV "men's genitalia" it up against CSKA in their last game.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
United were incredibly **** after the Schweinsteiger substitution. They were average at best even before that sub but those 30 or so minutes after were awful. Europa league here we come.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
United were incredibly **** after the Schweinsteiger substitution. They were average at best even before that sub but those 30 or so minutes after were awful. Europa league here we come.

Fellaini should never ever be allowed to be passed to unless he's in the box and he's heading it in.
He was clearly our 2nd worst player despite playing only 30 minutes.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
Fellaini should never ever be allowed to be passed to unless he's in the box and he's heading it in.
He was clearly our 2nd worst player despite playing only 30 minutes.

Yeah, I'm not sure what LVG was thinking. He absolutely killed the midfield with that move. Then he tried to save the situation by switching Rooney and Fellaini but it didn't work either.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
What a cracking game that Bournemouth-Everton game was.

4 goals in the last 10+stoppage time.
That Smith goal was amazing.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Everyone needs to watch the highlights for Bournemouth vs Everton, that had to be one of the best EPL games of the season.

That Smith strike was superb beauty, but thats what you get if you give players that much time to line up a shot.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
0 losses in the last 9, but 5 draws.

Borechester United and Drawchester United at the same time again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad