The True Football (Not American)/Futol/Soccer Thread: Part IV

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think CGF was watching the 2nd half of barca/Munich from 2013.:D

As for the poll question btw brilliant question to ask. I must say whoever thought it deserves a lot of credit. It'll either be Argentina or Chile, my biggest worry for the albiceleste is that Messi and Masch are not going to be available until after the 6th of June. Other than that they should feel confident after last summer and now even with Musa's injury their biggest weakness on paper looks to be a strength with the emergence of Otamendi provided he plays with the form he's been playing all season.

I doubt any of the youngins make me thinks Tata will go with

Romero,Rulli and a guy not named Willy for keepers.

Zabi,Otamendi,Garay,Rojo,Micho,Orban and Mori(?)

Masch,Bigla,DI maria,Perez,Pastore and Banega(?)

Messi,Kun,Pipita, Tevez and Lavezzi

2 of Basanta,Fazio, Gaitan and Perrerya all having a shot to round out the team.

It should be guys like Dybala over Tevez and Lavezzi and if healthy Musa over Micho. Heck should be a starter arguably their best defender.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chile have a strong team and they have home field advantage. Vidal one of the best midfielders and Sanchez plus they're style is fun to watch but it leaves them vulnerable at the back. I don't think they have quite the quality at defence to win a major tournament but you never know.

Uruguay are a shell of their former selves and no Suarez.

Brazil are just a train wreck ... it's literally all Neymar and Silva.

Should a great tournament even still.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I have no idea who will play and how well.

I just think Mexico is always knocking on the door so will pick them as a dark horse.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bayern were absolutely controlling that match for the first 20-25 minutes of the second half and had a number of possessions in that stretch where they broke into dangerous areas and overplayed things to squander their openings. Carving them open wasn't quite the right phrasing because they didn't play the right final ball to create a glorious chance with those possession, but they were putting themselves into positions to play that final ball a lot, while controlling possession in general over that stretch, and tidying up Barca's attempted counters quickly and cleanly. Given the way we've already seen them put 3-4 goals up during a strong stretch like that this season...my sphincter was certainly clenched...

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Bayern were absolutely controlling that match for the first 20-25 minutes of the second half and had a number of possessions in that stretch where they broke into dangerous areas and overplayed things to squander their openings. Carving them open wasn't quite the right phrasing because they didn't play the right final ball to create a glorious chance with those possession, but they were putting themselves into positions to play that final ball a lot, while controlling possession in general over that stretch, and tidying up Barca's attempted counters quickly and cleanly. Given the way we've already seen them put 3-4 goals up during a strong stretch like that this season...my sphincter was certainly clenched...

I agree. I was shocked how badly Bayern played the last 15 minutes when you consider how well they played the first 30 of that half.

EDIT: Also we won the "Wenger" trophy this season. Yey!!
BnG0wGDCcAAt_-_.jpg

Last edited:

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Also what is going on in Serie A?
Lazio lost, Roma lost and Napoli drew against Parma who are last by a mile.

Gonna be an interesting run-in for the CL spots with Lazio playing both Roma and Napoli still.

Gotta think Roma has to get 2nd if they at least get a draw against Lazio, their other 2 games left should be easy ones.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
Also what is going on in Serie A?
Lazio lost, Roma lost and Napoli drew against Parma who are last by a mile.

Gonna be an interesting run-in for the CL spots with Lazio playing both Roma and Napoli still.

Gotta think Roma has to get 2nd if they at least get a draw against Lazio, their other 2 games left should be easy ones.

Right now, NOTHING is easy for Roma. Least of all the derby. They are in full crisis mode. Seems like most players have stopped playing for Garcia and hes completely lost the plot. They are apparently finally going to go into a "ritiro" for the final couple weeks meaning the players will train, eat and sleep at Trigoria (their training facility). They will be there 24/7.

The fact that Roma are still 2nd place after a disastrous season where they've played like **** since December shows how bad Serie A has become minus Juventus. Roma have done everything in their power to chuck this 2nd spot and Lazio and Napoli dont even want to take it.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
Also D2M, Dybala's future will be decided sometime next week it looks like. They are finalizing a deal with someone which is why he didnt play this weekend. Sounds like its going to be Juventus from what Ive been reading.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
Roma has sucked the life out of Rudi just like it did to Luis Enrique hahaha. This is Garcia when he first arrived to Roma and this is him now.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Also D2M, Dybala's future will be decided sometime next week it looks like. They are finalizing a deal with someone which is why he didnt play this weekend. Sounds like its going to be Juventus from what Ive been reading.

I thought he won't be playing for the remainder of the season... but I guess it's until Juve make it officail?

As I said in the transfer thread, I really don't want him to go to Juve. I wanted Arsenal/Liverpool clubs like that. He just wanted to stay in Italy.:(

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
I thought he won't be playing for the remainder of the season... but I guess it's until Juve make it officail?

As I said in the transfer thread, I really don't want him to go to Juve. I wanted Arsenal/Liverpool clubs like that. He just wanted to stay in Italy.:(

Ya hopefully that atleast takes them out of the Cavani sweepstakes who seemingly wants to leave Paris. I could see him going to play in Spain. One of the Madrid teams maybe.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Poor SEPH, he's going be so sad after Arsenal's game today :(

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So is one of the mods going to sticky this and lock the other thread?

Right now, NOTHING is easy for Roma. Least of all the derby. They are in full crisis mode. Seems like most players have stopped playing for Garcia and hes completely lost the plot. They are apparently finally going to go into a "ritiro" for the final couple weeks meaning the players will train, eat and sleep at Trigoria (their training facility). They will be there 24/7.

The fact that Roma are still 2nd place after a disastrous season where they've played like **** since December shows how bad Serie A has become minus Juventus. Roma have done everything in their power to chuck this 2nd spot and Lazio and Napoli dont even want to take it.
I think this season proves how fatigue teams can be when joining the Champion's League for the first time. In Arsenal's case they play...
- League Fixtures (weekend)
- Capital One Fixtures (mid-week)
- FA Cup Fixtures (both mid-week and weekend, Arsenal made the finals, thus more games)
- CL Fixtures (mid-week)

Roma has some great players and had a fantastic summer, but they are a bit too thin to compete in both Serie A, CL, and probably the Italian domestic trophy since every country has one of those. And selling Destro in the winter was also pretty stupid, even if he is angry due to a lack of playing time, just sell him in the summer. Selling Destro, just made a hole they have to fill when the season is done. If Arsenal do not go out and get Jackson Martinez, he would be a really good fit at Roma. Only problem here is Roma an upgrade on Porto? Dzeko might be available as well, another decent player who could fit the Roma style.

Whatever happened to Gervinho, sounds like the dude fell off a cliff like before?

Poor SEPH, he's going be so sad after Arsenal's game today :(
Why is that? Swansea going to kick Arsenal's ***** like they did before?

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
Pogba apparently starting. He did not look completely fit on the weekend im not sure its a great move. I would have started him on the bench then brought him in later (possibility of extra time as well. A four man back line with pirlo and an unfit pogba protecting that left side of Juve could leave them a bit exposed potentially on that side. Sturaro played a good game for them in the first leg covering ground on that left side.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Oh and Morata should really celebrate.

Consider how they treated him you wouldn't have blamed him.

I like players not celebrating though, at least for the first time.

Which is why I think Welbeck is absolute scum.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I'd love for us to go after Leno this summer as the De Gea replacement.

Can't see anyone else fitting the bill. Lopes from Lyon maybe.
Can't see Spurs or Chelsea letting go of Lloris and Cech to us.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
He's leaving? To where, Real Madrid?

Some team should save Lloris too, he's wasting his time with the Spurs/no CL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad