The True Football (Not American)/Futol/Soccer Thread: Part IV

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
One player comes back another gets injured...Rakitic out for Classico.

BTW Arsenal got screwed.

It's their own fault for not taking advantage of winnable matches to boost their coefficient and avoid the likes of Bayern or Barca.

Karim Benzema.

- Smashes $200,000 cars
- Gets caught drunk driving three or four times
- License suspended
- Underage prostitute shagging
- Birthday party co-hosted with a convinced felon rapper
- Charged for bringing guns onto a beach
- Banging Witsel's girl and posting pictures online to taunt him
- Valbuena sex scandal (seems like he is the ring leader)
- Air cocaine scandal ($20m of cocaine from Spain to France with Benzema all over it)

What in the world is wrong with this guy? You make 8.5m Euro per season, live in Madrid, play for the biggest club in the world, have a President that loves you like a son, need absolutely NOTHING in life, but is just a complete mess. Why? Why can't these guys just be normal?

I'd say the bolded are a pretty good explanation for why he can't just be normal...

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Karim Benzema.

- Smashes $200,000 cars
- License suspended
- Air cocaine scandal ($20m of cocaine from Spain to France with Benzema all over it)

What in the world is wrong with this guy? You make 8.5m Euro per season, live in Madrid, play for the biggest club in the world, have a President that loves you like a son, need absolutely NOTHING in life, but is just a complete mess. Why? Why can't these guys just be normal?

I don't know much about him or his personality.

But it looks like he does it because he can. You have to understand that those guys have never lived what an average joe would call a normal life. They get scouted when they are very (way too) young and from there on nothing is normal again.
They earn way too much money way too fast and are way too focussed on their career way too early on.

Add a few other factors that may or may not play into this one (rough childhood, wrong friends, sleezy character, etc.) and you have a recipe for disaster.

I mean just look at all those NFL players that routinely get into trouble with the legal system.

Why? They earn a crapload of money and can afford everything basically. They have a lot of time to waste and way too much money to spend. I think a life like that can get boring for some (idiots) pretty fast.

So they will do stupid things for the extra thrill in life.

They also get sugarcoated their whole life. They think they can get away with anything (e.g. Hernandez) and sadly they are right most of the time. Many societal rules don't apply to them or exceptions are made for the star athlete. Even by law enforcement.

Pretty easy to lose your head.

It is just not a healthy lifestyle IMO for some people. If you have a few wrong characteristics than things can go south pretty fast.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Karim Benzema.

- Smashes $200,000 cars
- License suspended

A lot of the times as Joem mentioned it's the childhood... growing up poor you meet some rough individuals you call friends and they try to drag you into things. Benz probably doesn't want to feel like money has changed him and still considers these lowlife's his friends, who he wants to help. I don't really like him a footballer nor as a person really but I understand why he's like that. Feel bad for him TBH.

It's their own fault for not taking advantage of winnable matches to boost their coefficient and avoid the likes of Bayern or Barca.

Since posting my post... my brother explained to me why they called Ozil goal a handball and I agreed so all is good Arsenal deserved to be humilated.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It's always a good morning when Pillenkusenis completely out of a european place. Roger Schmidt's just such a poor coach; like a bad klopp-knockoff. Watching him fail so fully with them has really made it clear why his RedBull teams always lost in the playoff rounds for europe. Toprak in midfield is just ********, even though they have no 6s. Relying on Keissling and Chicharito like he does is even dumber, and then there's the wild pressing that leaves huge gaps behind the initial press; which keeps them from having any sort of control on matches through their possession.

God would I love to see the european spots this season going to FCB, BVB, S04, BMG for the CL; and Köln, Hertha, FC VW for the EL.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
It's always a good morning when Pillenkusenis completely out of a european place. Roger Schmidt's just such a poor coach; like a bad klopp-knockoff. Watching him fail so fully with them has really made it clear why his RedBull teams always lost in the playoff rounds for europe. Toprak in midfield is just ********, even though they have no 6s. Relying on Keissling and Chicharito like he does is even dumber, and then there's the wild pressing that leaves huge gaps behind the initial press; which keeps them from having any sort of control on matches through their possession.

God would I love to see the european spots this season going to FCB, BVB, S04, BMG for the CL; and Köln, Hertha, FC VW for the EL.

Eh no.

Leverkusen failing is alright by me. But I don't want those teams near the EL.
The only thing they would do is screw up our coefficient. Atleast Leverkusen has somewhat helped us in that regard.

Seeing those bottlers from Berlin in the EL would really suck.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Köln would do well in the EL, depending on how badly they get raided. And Hertha wouldn't hurt our coefficient anymore than Augsburg/Stutgart/Freiburg/Mainz have in recent years, nevermind that Dardai has them playing good football and getting the results they should; even though their strikers are worse than laughable. Would totally be worth seeing those bayer vultures lose out on europe completely and have to sell their best players.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Chelsea's really falling apart aren't they?

I know what it's like. But we even had 21 points after 12 games 2 years ago. They have 11 points.
Quite unreal what is going on there.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Transcript of Benzema's wiretapped phone conversation with one of his Lyon gangsters:

I don’t think Mathieu is taking us seriously, he thinks it’s a joke.

I said to him: ‘I’m going to fix this for you.’ I gave him my word that there is not another copy [of the sex tape]. I said to him: ‘If you want the video destroyed, come to Lyon, see him directly.’

He asked me: ‘Can you see my tattoos[on the video]?’ I responded: ‘You can see everything. I saw it a week ago, before coming [to the France squad].’

He panicked a bit. I said to him: ‘Do what you want, if you don’t want to pay, carry on with your life, but I have warned you.’

I then said to him that’s all I could do, that now my friend is in charge, who is the one that knows the person who has the video, that I don’t know him.

I said: ‘If you want to fix this, I can help you. I will give you their numbers and you can meet with them [and sort things out].

He's soooo guilty.

Regarding the $20m worth of cocaine from Spain to France, also known as the Air Cocaine scandal, his fingertips are all over that as well. The pilots of the planes have Benzema signed gear and merchandise all over their houses for goodness sake.

This guy's going to end up in jail, and giving up a life of making 8.5m Euro per season playing for the biggest brand in all of sports. Absolute lunacy.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
We'll see if he actually ends up in prison. I'm not so sure. Wouldn't be the first Real star who should've been locked up but somehow never was.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Hey D2M, when your favourite player ultimately transfer to my club, I will give you a warm welcome. Plus you get to wear a superior jersey kit and colours. :nod:

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
A player the caliber of Messi should be playing for the mightiest club in the world.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Well that was a great international break for United.

Carrick and Martial leave the stadium on crutches and Smalling has a bad hamstring.

Rooney/Memphis up front. Yeeey

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Today's the day we all have been waiting for too long.

United play Watford for the first time in 8 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad