The True Football (Not American)/Futol/Soccer Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
What happened to the happy enjoyable football by Everton?

United were poor I admit and we deserved a loss (even though that 3rd goal counting was a disgrace), but Everton didn't even try to play football.
Just defending and defending and blocking shots.

Now I understand how Barca fans are feeling when teams just park the bus against them, even though in a smaller scale.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
That was a proper horror show :shakehead

I ****ing hate the guy commenting the match on the DigiSport. If you happened to watch it there. Has to be Liverpool fan, clearly enjoying United being **** throughout and never missing an opportunity to have a go at them.

Oh well, just finish 4th ffs somehow, dont throw this away now...then rid of Falcao, loan Januzaj, add Hummels, Depay and Gundogan or whoever else to play Carrick's role in the summer, bring back Nani and we are set to go...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well you won't sign Hummels, and although I'd like to see them sell Ilkay for 30M, those rumors got shot down hard.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
Well you won't sign Hummels, and although I'd like to see them sell Ilkay for 30M, those rumors got shot down hard.

We shall see about that. But anyway, these were just examples, they are surely not the only acceptable choices.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah, I could see the Ilkay move happening if you were to make that kind of bid. I just got a good laugh out of Watzke and Zorc letting the press know that they haven't even had contact with united since november after the english press had gone off on how it was already a done deal.

And we've discussed Mats enough for me not to have to explain again why if he agrees to a move this summer the only realistic option is signing a pre-agreement with Barca.

Anyway, BMG play such attractive football, easily the most pleasant team in our league to watch and probably one of the very most enjoyable in all of europe; as no one in italy, england or france is as attractive as them either. This BMG-FCVW match has started very nicely.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Guess I didn't miss much from not watching Arsenal/Chelsea.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Did my boy Lamela score with his hand? :facepalm:

Also that first southampton goal was the most pathetic defending I ever seen. I would snap if I were Lloris.

Players that I need to see move away from their clubs

Lamela
Isco
Deulofeu
Maybe ADM

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Lamela
Isco
Deulofeu
Maybe ADM
I'd love to add Isco and Deulofeu and ship off ADM.

There aren't a lot of United fans who want to keep ADM around from what I understand.
He's added quite a lot of assists which is nice, but he's just so lackluster, doesn't seem to care at all and is beyond awful at even attempting to defend. Can leave for all I care, and take Falcao and RvP with him.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
I ****ing hate the guy commenting the match on the DigiSport. If you happened to watch it there. Has to be Liverpool fan, clearly enjoying United being **** throughout and never missing an opportunity to have a go at them.

Oh well, just finish 4th ffs somehow, dont throw this away now...then rid of Falcao, loan Januzaj, add Hummels, Depay and Gundogan or whoever else to play Carrick's role in the summer, bring back Nani and we are set to go...

So I'm not the only one :laugh: The guy is an absolute disaster.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
Did my boy Lamela score with his hand? :facepalm:

Also that first southampton goal was the most pathetic defending I ever seen. I would snap if I were Lloris.

Players that I need to see move away from their clubs

Lamela
Isco
Deulofeu
Maybe ADM

I want Coco back in Rome. The EPL can have Gervinho back. Pretty please....

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I want Coco back in Rome. The EPL can have Gervinho back. Pretty please....

Depending on what Simeone wants to do I could see him going there. I wouldn't mind if he were to find himself back in Roma tho. Anyone who gets is going get him at a bargain too.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I think I have asked you this before, but D2M, are you gonna root for Canadian national team? From what I've read, seems like they got some good young players.

Hope Leicester beats Chelsea tomm..

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think I have asked you this before, but D2M, are you gonna root for Canadian national team? From what I've read, seems like they got some good young players.

Hope Leicester beats Chelsea tomm..

I remember something vaguely but not sure.

In any case, no matter how good they become they won't be a powerhouse. Who doesn't love a good underdog story? If they ever become relevant, I'd hope they do well.

BTW there's light at the end of the tunnel in terms of the barca banned youth players, your asian Messi. They're eligible once they turn 18 or Jan 1st which ever comes last.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The cold hearted Messi fighting for the Pichichi gives Neymar the penalty, unlike the douch who gets mad when teammates score.

BTW Not sure why I didnt mention this before but a couple of weeks ago Messi took Vietto to his doctors appointment for his back in Italy. He's neither a teammate nor an ex.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
United playing a 1-4-2-3

Smalling
Valencia-Mata-Herrera-Young
Fellani-DiMaria
RvP-Falcao-Rooney

And still can't score.
What the hell is going on?
Although to be fair DiMaria has been absolute garbage and destroyed a handful of attacks on his own. But still.

So 270 consecutive minutes now of not scoring a goal.

West Brom had negative amounts of scoring chances and still won.
Their only goal was from a shot that was going wide that deflected off their own player straight in the top-corner.

Are you F'in kidding me?!

EDIT: Just get DiMaria off the team along with Falcao. Please please please.

Last edited:

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
United playing a 1-4-2-3

Smalling
Valencia-Mata-Herrera-Young
Fellani-DiMaria
RvP-Falcao-Rooney

And still can't score.
What the hell is going on?
Although to be fair DiMaria has been absolute garbage and destroyed a handful of attacks on his own. But still.

So 270 consecutive minutes now of not scoring a goal.

West Brom had negative amounts of scoring chances and still won.
Their only goal was from a shot that was going wide that deflected off their own player straight in the top-corner.

Are you F'in kidding me?!

EDIT: Just get DiMaria off the team along with Falcao. Please please please.

Hahaha did they really play like that?

Van Gaal has lost his mind. His transfer "strategy" was ridiculous and his formations suck as well. How about playing players in their proper positions.

Mata should be CAM only. Di Maria should be playing as a winger. Rooney as a Striker and not a holding midfielder that is ridiculous. RVP and Falcao should be striker only. Get some real fullbacks not Valencia and Young.

They re-inforced in all the wrong areas this summer.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Hahaha did they really play like that?

Van Gaal has lost his mind. His transfer "strategy" was ridiculous and his formations suck as well. How about playing players in their proper positions.

Mata should be CAM only. Di Maria should be playing as a winger. Rooney as a Striker and not a holding midfielder that is ridiculous. RVP and Falcao should be striker only. Get some real fullbacks not Valencia and Young.

They re-inforced in all the wrong areas this summer.

They played that after WBA scored and DiMaria and Falcao came on.

He has mostly played the players correctly, which got screwed when Carrick got injured and Blind lost his playing abilities after his knee injury.

Mata has almost only been played as CAM / RM which has suited him well.
DiMaria has sucked wherever he has played. Has played best when he has been the left midfielder.

RvP and Falcao have been playing as strikers. RvP was a CAM today after Falcao came on.

Valencia is playing cause Rafael is apparently not good enough for LvG.

Shaw was playing well, got injured. Came back and played well and got injured again.
Young hasn't been a defender in 2015 at all. Has played LW exclusively except for 10minute spurts here and there due to injuries/late changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad