The True Football (Not American)/Futol/Soccer Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
If Suarez signs with Barca I think they are the favourites for champions. Not sure about their midfield, though.

A team to watch might be PSG. Their defense will be amazing this season. I love the talent on that team. Not sure if they are strong enough in the midfield.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Sanchez signing is official? I woke up late and was out all day.

Homer vote for Arsenal.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
If Suarez signs with Barca I think they are the favourites for champions. Not sure about their midfield, though.

A team to watch might be PSG. Their defense will be amazing this season. I love the talent on that team. Not sure if they are strong enough in the midfield.

Luiz is very overrated.

member 116861

Voted for Arsenal because they are the best and greatest team. (SEPH 2014:1)

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Voted for Chelsea. Have a good feeling about them next season in the cups.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I didn't mean to suggest Argentina's hard game was taken to the extreme that brazil did, nor should it be used to take away the exceptional defensive organization of Garay and co, or the ridiculous efforts of Mascherano, who's slowly but surely wrestled away the title of top holder at this tournament from Lahm. That said, I did think the officiating in the switzerland game, or at least the half and ET that I watched, was laughable and as bad as the officiating in the Brazil-Colombia game. And that Argentina was comfortable walking that line with Nigeria when the africans try to body them.

But I grew up with Rummenigge and his hardmen as some of my heroes, Bill Belicheck's cheating ass is one of my favorite coaches in any sport, Suarez's fist against Ghana one of my favorite WC moments until I saw the pic of the little german girl kissing that old Brazilian guy with the hat's trophy, so for me it's not a negative for a team to really push the line of what the refs will allow and apply some crafty gamesmanship. That's why although I was worried for our players health, I didn't gripe about the americans constant fouling in that game. They weren't crossing the line of blatantly dangerous and that's how the ref was calling the game. The Brazil-Colombia game I did ***** about, but it was out of hand long before Neymar's back was broken and that injury was as predictable as it was unfortunate.

So I really didn't mean it as a negative that the argies have been pushing the physical game and it'll be a clear advantage they can lean on against this german team.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Oh boy, the 2nd biggest media outlet in Finland is blaming the ref as a big part of Brazil's loss.
This is what they said:
1. 1st goal wasn't a penalty and Silva's yellow card was correct (I can somewhat agree it wasn't a penalty but it was one of the most clear red card moments I've seen. And Brazil with 10-men would've had even less of a chance)
2. Oscar situation should've been a penalty (I agree if he would actually have tried to play the ball instead of jumping in agony before making contact)

Hmmm. Some bias there maybe?

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
Ref made a ton of mistakes.

It should not have been a PK. That was outside the box. Thats a free kick and a red card for Silva. Easy call.

Netherlands were offside by about a foot on the buildup of their 2nd goal.

The foul on Oscar by Blind was a penalty IMO. Oscar may have embellished a bit, but it was a clear trip.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Ref made a ton of mistakes.

It should not have been a PK. That was outside the box. Thats a free kick and a red card for Silva. Easy call.

Netherlands were offside by about a foot on the buildup of their 2nd goal.

The foul on Oscar by Blind was a penalty IMO. Oscar may have embellished a bit, but it was a clear trip.

Yeah, agreed on all accounts.

Well I'm pretty pumped for tomorrow's game. I've done all my pre game(big games only) rituals. It's up to Messi and the boys to come through.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I'm not happy with the refs this world cup. There have been so many bad penalty situation calls.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Argentina started their WC in the Maracana against Bosnia which seems ages ago and now end it here. Combine that with the Vlaar goal line penalty(I know it wouldn't have counted) can you say team of DESTINY?

Oh yeah please do not give up an early goal!

Revenge for 90,06 and 2010.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Argentina are one of the most boring teams in the tournament. It's smart I guess, but it's not fun to watch.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
1) Congrats to the German Avs' fans on here. Sorry D2M, at least you got Alex Morgan to look forward to in women's WC next year! If not, Canada in Copa America or something.

2) https://twitter.com/FifNdhs Holy ****
Edit: then again, this guy probably tweeted whole bunch of stuff and deleted those tweets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad