The True Football (Not American)/Futol/Soccer Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Chicharito should hurry up and move to MLS already.

I think I'll be rooting for Barca. Hoping to see Barca/Bayern in the finals.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Chicharito should hurry up and move to MLS already.

I think I'll be rooting for Barca. Hoping to see Barca/Bayern in the finals.

post-31458-Jim-Carrey-disgust-puke-gif-Du-5Lr8.gif

Glad to see Juve go through. Even though I'm a Roma guy, it's nice to see an Italian team make the Semis.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Wake me if this isn't real, but is real actually playing Chicharito in a CL matchup against Athletico?? The ****??

No Benzema, no Bale, James/Isco forced to play in the midfield due to no Modric and Ramos slotting in at DM. Good for him, though. He takes a lot of crap from Madrid fans but seems to do well whenever he's called on. Has another month in a Real Madrid jersey and taking advantage of his opportunities.

Hoping for Barca/Bayern and Real/Juve with El Clasico as the CL final.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
No Benzema, no Bale, James/Isco forced to play in the midfield due to no Modric and Ramos slotting in at DM. Good for him, though. He takes a lot of crap from Madrid fans but seems to do well whenever he's called on. Has another month in a Real Madrid jersey and taking advantage of his opportunities.

Hoping for Barca/Bayern and Real/Juve with El Clasico as the CL final.

I certainly don't want an El Clasico final.

A Bayern-Juve final would be amazing with Juve beating Bayern there. :yo:

That would mean that Juve would play Madrid, cause honestly I can't see any team beating Barca with the exception of Bayern.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Juve has no chance against anybody, they are just not as strong as the other teams at this stage.

I don't know about that.
They will probably get Pogba back after which they can run a Marchisio-Pogba-Vidal midfield with Tevez, Llorrente/Morata up top.

Wouldn't count them out yet.
They are the underdogs for sure though.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
I certainly don't want an El Clasico final.

A Bayern-Juve final would be amazing with Juve beating Bayern there. :yo:

That would mean that Juve would play Madrid, cause honestly I can't see any team beating Barca with the exception of Bayern.

**** Juve.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
I don't know about that.
They will probably get Pogba back after which they can run a Marchisio-Pogba-Vidal midfield with Tevez, Llorrente/Morata up top.

Wouldn't count them out yet.
They are the underdogs for sure though.

**** Juve.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Agreed with the posters above **** juve.

of the 3 left... I'd like juve and have munich/madrid battle each other. Not confident in beating either in a 2 leg draw but in the final anything can happen. El classico or pep/barca both would be interesting.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm so scared that Bayern will keep turning it on when they have to, especially if BVB can upset them in the cup. At this point they're my favorites to win it all again. Pep's done a good job of not playing both Xabi and Schweini in crucial matches where their getting exposed could really cost them.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Barca-Bayern
Juve-Real Madrid

Exactly what I hoped for.

Now we have to hope Pogba will get fit enough to play. If he's in Juve has got an okay chance of getting to the finals.

I'm just happy there's an Italian team in the top-4. Would've hoped it was Roma, but for me it works this way as well. It's been a while.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
lol what?

Lol if you want to wear the Bayern Munchen, Barca, or Real Madrid crests for the rest of the CL. Hey if you want, I can buy you a Bayern kit cgf if you want, Robben on the back okay with you? Likewise with Ronaldo for Madrid, or Busquets/Suarez/Alves for Barca.

Give me Juventus like billion times out of the remaining teams.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Lol if you want to wear the Bayern Munchen, Barca, or Real Madrid crests for the rest of the CL. Hey if you want, I can buy you a Bayern kit cgf if you want, Robben on the back okay with you? Likewise with Ronaldo for Madrid, or Busquets/Suarez/Alves for Barca.

Give me Juventus like billion times out of the remaining teams.

Well sure Juve's players aren't as good, but that doesn't make them more respectable in anyway shape or form.

Like I get hating the giants, but Juve's no different, they're just a lower quality version of Bayern/Barca/Real.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Well sure Juve's players aren't as good, but that doesn't make them more respectable in anyway shape or form.

Like I get hating the giants, but Juve's no different, they're just a lower quality version of Bayern/Barca/Real.

Is Juventus different? Absolutely. Is Tevez a punk though? Absolutely, but I do not believe Juve has sold their souls to the devil like the other teams have. I mean look at how they got their roster,

- Pogba from Man United on a free transfer
- Chiellini from Fiorentina for 9 million Euros
- Ogbonna from Torino for 12 million Euros
- Caceres from Sevilla FC for 8 million Euros
- Evra from Man United for 1.5 million Euros
- Lichtsteiner from Lazio for 10 million Euros
- Pirlo from AC Mlian on a free transfer
- Vidal from Bayer Leverkusen for 12.5 million Euros
- Marchisio from Juventus youth system
- Tevez from Man City for 9 million Euros
- Llorente from Athletic Bilbao for a free transfer

Only three expectations are these...
- Asamoah for 18 million Euros
- Morata for 20 million Euros
- Buffon for 52 million Euros (was bought in 2001 though)

Are they as good as the other remaining three teams? Absolutely not, but how you deem them "not respectable" is a very curious statement. Something that I believe is very is wrong, just look at all their buys! They are amazing when it comes to buying hidden diamonds, even more so than Wenger himself. But also the ability to develop them, I mean look at when Juve bought Vidal, Chiellini, Pogba, and Marchisio. They're even developing a very below-average Morata at Real into a top quality striker.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Because they dive and manipulate the refs as badly as Robben or Neymar; and they're just as disgustingly dominant based on their financial muscle.

Those big 3 free transfers were all very unique circumstances that it's not accurate to try to sell as finding diamonds in the rough. Pogba was a hot young name that many were after and was only available on a free because United had ****ed up. This is basically the Thiago transfer only the buyout clause was 0. It's not like they found some unknown cheap player that any club could've signed for free. Llorente they would've paid handsomely for if Bilbao hadn't refused to sell him and forced him to sit out a season until his contract expired. And Pirlo was dumped by idiots in Milan at a time where Juve were the only italian giant to join for him. Again that's not a case of finding a diamond in the rough, so much as a case of being in the right place at the right time, like Pogba.

Looking at the others a guy like Vidal was also not some spectacular find, Bayern actually out bid them for him but Leverkusen refused to sell to them and back then that sum bought a lot more than it does now. Tevez was available for that price because he's a crazy ******* and he had massive wages. Again not a case of Juve finding a steal so much as Juve being in the right place to use their financial muscle to absorb his wages. Evra sucks, but also fits that mold of a guy they got on a low transfer fee because of limited alternatives and bloated wages. Ogbonna and Lichsteiner weren't cheap by any stretch.

So really the only diamonds in the rough they've got on that list are Marchisio and Chielini, who also was bought a long time ago, when 9M went a lot further.

And this all just barely touches on the wage side of the financial equation.

Meanwhile Bayern boast Schweini, Lahm, Alaba, Badstuber, Mueller and guadino/PEH from their own academy. They bought Boateng for cheap; Weiser was bought very young and cheap; as was Kurt; Rode came to them for free; Bernat was a genuine diamond in the rough find; and Lewy came on a free, as did Xabi if we're counting those as great finds like you did for juve. So even without the more expensive buys bayern have a lot more talent that they found or developed...not even mentioning guys like Kroos that they've since let go.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
Juventus are cheaters. Do people not remember Calciopoli and that ******* Luciano Moggi. There are wire taps of him buying off refs. He even locked some of them in a dressing room once to "talk" with them. Not to mention the doping scandal they had during the late 90's.

If anyone watched the first Juve-Roma game this year you'll see that nothing has changed. They still have an incredible influence over the referees. One of the most scandolous games Ive seen ever.

So like I said. **** Juve.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Juventus are cheaters. Do people not remember Calciopoli and that ******* Luciano Moggi. There are wire taps of him buying off refs. He even locked some of them in a dressing room once to "talk" with them. Not to mention the doping scandal they had during the late 90's.

If anyone watched the first Juve-Roma game this year you'll see that nothing has changed. They still have an incredible influence over the referees. One of the most scandolous games Ive seen ever.

Ed Zachary. I get hating on Barca/Bayern/Real, but acting like Juve is not every bit as bad, if not worse, is silly. They are just as bad.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma

The game where there were 3 penalties in the first half?

Yeah, that was not that well refereed I remember.
Some calls were a bit in Juve's favor, but I don't remember too many.
The two penalties were right on the (18 yard) line and he gave both.

Holebas got away with a trip as well later on if I don't remember wrong.

And hey, I remember Juve's antics from before.
I still will root for them in the CL now cause there are only bad (Madrid, Bayern) or really bad (Barca) options left after Juve.

Also I love Vidal so he tips the scales quite a lot.

Ps. cgf, United really wanted to keep Pogba, but Fergie hated his attitude so didn't give him game-time. One of his biggest mistakes for sure.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Wait wait wait the other teams sold their souls but the team that got relegated for CHEATING didn't?:laugh:

I love how people drink up players who aren't exactly likeable as if their teams are full of angels. On top of that poor Biscuits still gets ****ted for ONE incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad