Proposal: The "Trade _______ Right ******* NOW" Thread

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
Just on capgeek and buying out Samuelsson it doesn't add any cap space, could it be because he has a 35+ contact? I tried with Bertuzzi also. If that's the case, that'll suck a lot.

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
I don't think Weiss is any better than putting Flip back at center. I'd rather put another smallish/softish center in his natural position and spend the money on a big winger or big defenseman,

If it comes down to Weiss or nothing, Weiss is better. I'd rather spend the money on Weiss and Smid than Bertuzzi and Smid/Whitney/whoever.

The difference between Bertuzzi and Weiss in skill is greater than what Bertuzzi makes up in size/etc. And Weiss is younger and will be useful beyond next season, whereas Bert is at best only ARGUABLY useful now.

There are times when it does. And when you've got 5 Lefties and your only righty is 5'10, it's one of those times.

And there are times when you only have one defensive defenseman in your top-six, handedness really doesn't matter as much as playing style and ability. But if handedness really matters, maybe you could make a suggestion as to which defenseman the Wings should pursue instead? Maybe you think the Wings should go get Zidlicky and try and argue that he's good defensively?

Unless you think the Avs are going to give up Ryan O'Byrne (they're not), we're not getting a COMPETENT defensive defenseman via UFA. So you need to simply live with the fact that whatever DEFENSIVE defenseman signed in the offseason to play on the big club (if any) is going to be a lefty. And then there's always the matter of retaining White if handedness is such a huge matter. Maybe it made Nick more comfortable to work with a RH partner, which I can understand in theory. But realistically, it's more important to have the skills and ability than to mine for handedness. It's like saying "I traded my top-5 LH center for a top-10 RH center to get some versatility in my lineup."

RedWingsNow*

I don't see any reason to bring in this kid

Assets: Has plenty of playmaking and offensive prowess, backed by soft hands. Can play both center or wing. Is shifty, extremely patient with the puck and plays a heady game.
Flaws: Lacks ideal size for the NHL game and isn't at all a physical player, so he'll need to continue adding strength in order to thrive at the highest level.
Career Potential: Creative offensive forward with some upside.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Just on capgeek and buying out Samuelsson it doesn't add any cap space, could it be because he has a 35+ contact? I tried with Bertuzzi also. If that's the case, that'll suck a lot.

I don't think you can Amnesty buyout people on capgeek. They probably haven't worked that out yet, or they may just plan on listing all the amnesty buyouts under the buyout section for each team's cap calculator. I just demote them when I amnesty someone, that way their salary cap hit comes off the books.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Trade Quincey + a 2nd tier prospect for Robidas

Oh my ... you are NOT paying attention to Robi the last few years. This is brutal.

Dallas D is worse than Detroit and Robidas is a big factor in that. The only guys worth a damn there are Goligoski and Daley. And I am not terribly high on them either.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Oh my ... you are NOT paying attention to Robi the last few years. This is brutal.

Dallas D is worse than Detroit and Robidas is a big factor in that. The only guys worth a damn there are Goligoski and Daley. And I am not terribly high on them either.
"Robidas may suck at hockey.

But he's a competitor. He plays with snarl. And he shoots right."

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
With two buyouts this upcoming off-season, if we buyout Samuelsson and Quincey we should roll with

Filppula- Datsyuk- Nyquist
Franzen- Zetterberg- Brunner
Bertuzzi- Helm- Tatar
Abdelkader- Sheahan- Tootoo
Emmerton-Eaves

Kronwall- Scuderi
Smith- Ericsson
Colaiacovo- White/RH 2-way
Huskins

Howard
Gustavsson

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
With two buyouts this upcoming off-season, if we buyout Samuelsson and Quincey we should roll with

Filppula- Datsyuk- Nyquist
Franzen- Zetterberg- Brunner
Bertuzzi- Helm- Tatar
Abdelkader- Sheahan- Tootoo
Emmerton-Eaves

Kronwall- Scuderi
Smith- Ericsson
Colaiacovo- White/RH 2-way
Huskins

Howard
Gustavsson

I'd be hesitant to sign Scuderi, considering he'll turn 35 next December; I'd rather give Ericsson -- or hell, even Lashoff -- the spot next to Kronwall, and maybe see what Billins can do in camp if they want a PMD/PP QB.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
I'd be hesitant to sign Scuderi, considering he'll turn 35 next December; I'd rather give Ericsson -- or hell, even Lashoff -- the spot next to Kronwall, and maybe see what Billins can do in camp if they want a PMD/PP QB.

We need to get tougher and Billins is far from tough. Lashoff I feel isn't ready and although has done well, he just isn't ready to play a full season.

RedWingsNow*

Robidas is a much better hockey player than Quincey. And yes, he shoots right.

It's not even close. He'd be here for two years.
By then hopefully, Ouellet or Marchenko are ready on the right side.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
our best bet is to find a team that will be looking to shed some salray from their blueline, teams that either have a number of higher paid dmen(Vancouver as an example) or a team that has a few young guys ready to take over the top pairing duties/minutes and may be looking to dump salary inorder to pay those guys down the line(Washington as an example)

what we need is Mike Green and Washington would be a perfect trading partner. He will never score 75pts again but who cares as he would score 45pts with Detroit. Its his skating, his vision and his ability to make a better first pass then any dman we have that would make him worthwhile.

It would also allow Kronwall to slip more comfortably into the #2 role were he isnt expected to be the key offensive contributor from the blueline, run the #1 pp unit, plus be the defensive leader plus throwing out those notorious huge hits that we expect and moreso need from him.

It would alow Eriksson and Smith to be the #3/4 and the bottom pair to be CC/Lashoff/Huskins/Kindl(some combo of those 4) and Quincey to be bought out/traded away(for whatever we can get)

beautiful and money to spare to adjust figures

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Valtteri Filppula ($4.400m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($1.600m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Stephen Weiss ($3.750m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Mike Green ($6.083m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)
Douglas Murray ($2.500m) / Carlo Colaiacovo ($2.500m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.900m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
Jimmy Howard ($3.850m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,844,545; BONUSES: $160,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,615,455

Last edited:

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
How about trade them Nick Jensen or Mitchell Callahan for Komi and a pick?

Sure. I don't think it'd even take that much. We could probably do 4th rounder for Komisarek + 7th or something. Maybe I'm just basing this off of Leafs fans overreactions, though. :laugh:

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
We need to get tougher and Billins is far from tough. Lashoff I feel isn't ready and although has done well, he just isn't ready to play a full season.

The Wings need a legitimate PP QB, and Billins has that ability. You can't have an entire defensive corps filled with Prongers and expect to score goals. I mean, that's what Ericsson and Huskins are for, right?

Lashoff is getting a taste of what it takes right now, and I think he's more ready than a lot of folks here expect.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
our best bet is to find a team that will be looking to shed some salray from their blueline, teams that either have a number of higher paid dmen(Vancouver as an example) or a team that has a few young guys ready to take over the top pairing duties/minutes and may be looking to dump salary inorder to pay those guys down the line(Washington as an example)

what we need is Mike Green and Washington would be a perfect trading partner. He will never score 75pts again but who cares as he would score 45pts with Detroit. Its his skating, his vision and his ability to make a better first pass then any dman we have that would make him worthwhile.

It would also allow Kronwall to slip more comfortably into the #2 role were he isnt expected to be the key offensive contributor from the blueline, run the #1 pp unit, plus be the defensive leader plus throwing out those notorious huge hits that we expect and moreso need from him.

It would alow Eriksson and Smith to be the #3/4 and the bottom pair to be CC/Lashoff/Huskins/Kindl(some combo of those 4) and Quincey to be bought out/traded away(for whatever we can get)

beautiful and money to spare to adjust figures

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Valtteri Filppula ($4.400m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($1.600m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Stephen Weiss ($3.750m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Mike Green ($6.083m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)
Douglas Murray ($2.500m) / Carlo Colaiacovo ($2.500m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.900m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
Jimmy Howard ($3.850m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,844,545; BONUSES: $160,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,615,455

Filppula will get closer to $5 million, Smith and Nyquist will get over $1.5 million, Howard will get over $4 million, Brunner will get over $2 million, Weiss will get over $4 million, that roster won't work.

RedWingsNow*

Ouellet is a left handed D and plays on the left from what I have seen.

Sproul, Jensen and Marchenko are all righties.

I got Sproul and Marchenko's "handedness" confused.

My guess is that Jensen might be ready faster than Sproul.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Filppula will get closer to $5 million, Smith and Nyquist will get over $1.5 million, Howard will get over $4 million, Brunner will get over $2 million, Weiss will get over $4 million, that roster won't work.

well allright then

i wasnt aware that nyquist and smith would get a doubling of their salary so soon

howard isnt worth more then 4 million

brunner may be worth 2 so i will agree on that

fil may also get closer to 5, he is hard to figure salary for

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad