Andersson

Kronwall Big Rig
Smith Smid
CC Quincey
Kindl/Lashoff (or Dekeyser)

Howard
Monster

Just spitballing...

If 1/3 of those is on the team to start the year next year I am ecstatic. With the contracts we have running til next year, and the general philosophy, I have little hope that more than 1 will actually make it onto the team. I'd love to be wrong though.

If you can leave Nyquist off the team this year I suppose anyone's fair game.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Lots of teams with high payroll and high fail so far. Washington Capitals would be a great place to cherry pick if they keep the suck up. But it seems they have 13 going fa this year. I know im going to get a lot of put the crack pipe down answers but if the caps suck and maybe we can get Roman Hamrlik. If they suck and he wants to win we could get him for less and see if we can sign him. :sarcasm:

Actual Thought*

Lots of teams with high payroll and high fail so far. Washington Capitals would be a great place to cherry pick if they keep the suck up. But it seems they have 13 going fa this year. I know im going to get a lot of put the crack pipe down answers but if the caps suck and maybe we can get Roman Hamrlik. If they suck and he wants to win we could get him for less and see if we can sign him. :sarcasm:
We should get Ovechkin too:sarcasm:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
The Wings need a legitimate PP QB, and Billins has that ability. You can't have an entire defensive corps filled with Prongers and expect to score goals. I mean, that's what Ericsson and Huskins are for, right?

Billins? No way. There's also something else than Power-Play in ice-hockey.

I woudn't be surpriced if Carlo Colaiacovo will be our 1st PP QB at some point of the season, when Babock gets frustrated in Kronwall.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I know there is essentially a 0% chance of it happening but Myers has been playing pretty meh/poorly since his rookie season. With that many teams scouting that game it's possible he might be available, there'd need to be a big player to draw 18 teams to scout a game.

My money is on Weiss though

i think Weiss would be a perfect fit and would be the perfect 3rd line centre that we could actually resign in the offseason as he would have the ability to alos centre the 2nd line at times if need be

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
i think Weiss would be a perfect fit and would be the perfect 3rd line centre that we could actually resign in the offseason as he would have the ability to alos centre the 2nd line at times if need be

Agreed, but can you imagine if Myers is actually on the block? If by some miracle Buffalo is trying to shop him Kenny better go all in.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013

Hamrlik was a guy I was thinking about too

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Agreed, but can you imagine if Myers is actually on the block? If by some miracle Buffalo is trying to shop him Kenny better go all in.

I wish. But as poor as Myers has played as of late I fear the cost of him.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
One suggestion on the trade board was Flip+Jurco+1st or 2nd.

I posted this in a thread in that board but I haven't got a response yet, but I'd be good with

Filp+Tatar+ Mid level prospect (Tvrdon, Pulu, AA2,...etc) or a pick

Buffalo has a surplus of D-men right now, but their pool lacks top 6 potential.
Myers value is at an all time low right now but he his potential is still unreal

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I can't imagine Myers is available unless someone puts forward a massive overpayment. I don't think we have the pieces to make the sort of deal Buffalo would want.

RedWingsNow*

One suggestion on the trade board was Flip+Jurco+1st or 2nd.

Would be a steal for Detroit.
Flip could walk. Jurco is unproven. First or second? No sweat.

Not sure they need a center, but if they do:

Flip + Nyquist + Sproul would probably be the cost. + a 2nd or first.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Would be a steal for Detroit.
Flip could walk. Jurco is unproven. First or second? No sweat.

Not sure they need a center, but if they do:

Flip + Nyquist + Sproul would probably be the cost. + a 2nd or first.

That is way too much for a guy that is struggling as much as Myers is. This is a three year down trend for him and his value is at an all time low. Unfortunately the name Buffalo has always been pretty high on is Sheahan, I would expect them to gun for him in a trade. They might also be high on Pulkkinen given his chemistry with Armia during their days with the Finland National setup.

If they are sending Flip I would assume an extension would be agreed upon, if not the pick could be conditional. But what prospects go at that time get more interesting for me, I don't think they should add much more to Nyquist and Flip, maybe Pulkkinen and that is it.

Kiddington

Nov 3, 2008
Reno, NV
I can't imagine Myers being moved for anything less than a king's ransom at this point, even if he has been trending downwards.

A defenseman that young, with that kind of size, and who's already shown flashes of his potential... not going to happen. Not now, anyway.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Weiss has an NMC. Why would he waive it to move from a #1C to a #3C?/ be in the bottom 6 anywhere? Much more likely Chicago has a better offer and a better role for him, amongst other teams.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I can't imagine Myers being moved for anything less than a king's ransom at this point, even if he has been trending downwards.

A defenseman that young, with that kind of size, and who's already shown flashes of his potential... not going to happen. Not now, anyway.

If it did that would really be a sign to me and worry me just about what Buffalo know is going on. Myers is developing a certain JayBo feel to him, I keep hearing about how good and valuable he is, but everytime I watch him I am completely unimpressed. He isn't fixing or improving any of his trouble areas and it has to be concerning especially to pay the price they will ask, which I think is starting to get hurt if you're Buffalo and you're not sure he will fix it there.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Would anyone be interested in Brian Campbell at all? No idea who is available, really anyone's guess.

Yea he isn't exactly what we need defensively but he would help the transistion game and PP.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Would anyone be interested in Brian Campbell at all? No idea who is available, really anyone's guess.

Yea he isn't exactly what we need defensively but he would help the transistion game and PP.

He would definitely help on the PP (100% of his points have come on the PP so far this season). But he isn't great in his own zone and doesn't have a lot of size either. He plays the PK for Florida, but I don't think he's better than Kronwall, Ericsson or even Quincey and Huskins.

The the thing that kills the whole deal anyways is that contract.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013

I like his game but man that contract is a killer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad