Proposal: The "Trade _______ Right ******* NOW" Thread

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
IMO they don't need to buy him out, Gaborik does have plenty of value value.

111 goals and 219 points in 230 games for the Rangers, a team playing sort of a grinding hockey. I think they will gladly re-sign him.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
If the Sabres continue to suck. I wonder if they might dangle Vanek at the deadline. He sure would look awesome with Pavel. Same goes for Iginla or Semin.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Thoughts on getting Hamrlik ?

I would like him over Quincey and Colaiacovo. Doubt he is playing instead/ahead of those guys, though. It will be taking time away from Lashoff/Smith/Kindl, and even Huskins, who I would rather have on the ice than the aforementioned pair of Quincey and Colaiacovo. If we are pretty high in the standings at the trade deadline, I wouldn't mind trading for him, as long as he came pretty cheap. A Kronwall - Hamrlik pair might work out.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
If the Sabres continue to suck. I wonder if they might dangle Vanek at the deadline. He sure would look awesome with Pavel. Same goes for Iginla or Semin.

Funny thing about the Flames... They've played only 8 games on the season. Too early to say anything about them.

Mantha Poodoo

Playoff Beard
Jun 5, 2008
Frankly, the only trades that makes sense for the Wings right now are a blockbuster for a top pairing d-man (a defensive righty shot to play next to Kronwall, preferably) or some of our own excess forwards for picks.

Our top 6 forwards are fine:

Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Flip
Brunner
Mule
Bab's flavor of the month

Our bottom 6 forwards are more like a bottom 12

We've got 1 top 2 dman in Kronwall (but good lord does he need a defensive oriented partner)
arguably 4 guys that can fit on a 2nd pairing:

White
Ericsson
Smith
Quincey (possibly not a good system fit on this team but I'm willing to give him more time)

And any one of Kindl, Huskins, or Colaalallaclaclcocovivo can be a #6 guy.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Frankly, the only trades that makes sense for the Wings right now are a blockbuster for a top pairing d-man (a defensive righty shot to play next to Kronwall, preferably) or some of our own excess forwards for picks.

Our top 6 forwards are fine:

Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Flip
Brunner
Mule
Bab's flavor of the month

Our bottom 6 forwards are more like a bottom 12

We've got 1 top 2 dman in Kronwall (but good lord does he need a defensive oriented partner)
arguably 4 guys that can fit on a 2nd pairing:

White
Ericsson
Smith
Quincey (possibly not a good system fit on this team but I'm willing to give him more time)

And any one of Kindl, Huskins, or Colaalallaclaclcocovivo can be a #6 guy.

As far as I'm concerned Big E is the only D-man on this team that resembles a top paring D. I'm more worried about the lack of a true scorer on Pavs wing than another top pairing caliber D-man. When the team is healthy, the bottom 6 is fully capable of being strong as long as Dan Cleary is exiled.

Roy S

May 16, 2009
They need another scoring forward (maybe a center for lineup versatility and potentially rolling 3 scoring lines) and top pairing D.

More than likely, given the emphasis Holland has always placed on defenseman, I could see them putting some of their excess forwards, a few mid round picks and a prospect like Pullkinen and the like together to try to acquire the best defenseman they can prior to the deadline.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
I'd like to see Ken test the market and see what he could get for Franzen. Maybe a top tier defenseman like a PK Subban or a Keith Yandle. I don't think Carlo Coliocovo or kent huskins was the right move. Although I have to admit huskins has been a beast at blocking shots. So far though I haven't seen this season much offensive D. I realize nobody will replace Lidstrom but I'd like to see a d man that can jump into the play in the offensive zone.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
I don't think we can lose Franzen right now

He's good but he's hot and cold. I think if there was a time to explore our options with the mule it's now while he has value. There's lots of teams hungry for an offensive spark and a little grit. Montreal Calgary Washington just to name a few.

RedWingsNow*

We're not going to trade a core forward. Maybe Flip, since he's a UFA. But only if we get a core defenseman in return.

Aug 6, 2012
He's good but he's hot and cold. I think if there was a time to explore our options with the mule it's now while he has value. There's lots of teams hungry for an offensive spark and a little grit. Montreal Calgary Washington just to name a few.

We can't lose a good top-six player or I would. I don't want Sammy in the top-six.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto

If only we just had a top 6 player just laying around, dying to show what he can do....

Tatar and Nyquist have upside but neither will produce anywhere near what Franzen does at this point in their careers.

We need a top 6 forward to play with (not in place of), Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Brunner, Flip and Franzen. I'd like to see one of them filling that role, but the only way that will happen is if some bottom 6 forwards and extra defenceman are moved as part of an upgrade in a 2 or 3 for 1 swap.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
There is a trade proposal in the Trade Rumor forum from an Oiler fan offering Whitney and Omark for Abdelkader.

I'm not high on Whitney but Omark would be interesting considering the chemistry he had on a line with Brunner and Zetterberg in Switzerland.

It would also be a chance to unload a couple pieces of extra depth we have to free up some room for a prospect or 2. I like Abdelkader more than most on our board but he's not untradeable.

Wizeman*

I think the red wings are actually ok. I know losing Lidstrom and a couple of other pieces makes a huge transition but they still look competitive to me. That is amazing considering the longevity of their base.

Good for you guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad