Proposal: The "Trade _______ Right ******* NOW" Thread

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Potential Trades and Signings Thread.

So the rumor is that former 5th overall pick Nino Niederreiter is unhappy with his current situation in Long Island and is looking for a trade. To jump start a thread about speculation, I think we should pounce on this. El Nino still has top 6 upside and it never hurts to acquire more youth and talent.

Last edited:

bert2z

Dank budz and death metal.
Jan 22, 2013
Michigan
I'm sure Nino would be very happy to play next 4 years at GR.

Yeah if Nino wants out of NYI because of lack of NHL playing time I'm sure Detroit would be on the bottom of his preferable destinations.

On another note; seeing as Steve downie is out for the season does anyone think Colorado would be more inclined to trade him? I think he could bring a lot to this is team and really toughen up our top six.
How about,
Tartar + a 2nd for downie? Too much, too little?

jroc86

Jun 12, 2012
Offer sheet Subban.
Trade Cleary for Robyn Regehr.
Come hell or high water sign Danny Dekeyser this year.

Defence problem - solved.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
I wonder which one of Nash, Richards, or Gaborik the NYR will buyout... They'll really be up against it trying to keep those three and they could ditch one of them and throw some cash at Ryder or Horton this Offseason and keep their Dcorps intact. Whoever does get bought out Detroit should pursue like a hound dog.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
McKenzie's speculating that the Habs may trade Subban.

Subban for Ferraro, Sproul, Emmerton/Andersson and Quincey.

That's probably nowhere near enough quality.

Iowa Wingsfan

Jan 9, 2012

I think you are right, other teams could beat that offer fairly easy.

Fil or Franzen + Tatar or Nyquist + Pick or prospect is the most I could see traded for Subban.

Not sure if that would be the best offer either.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
I think you are right, other teams could beat that offer fairly easy.

Fil or Franzen + Tatar or Nyquist + Pick or prospect is the most I could see traded for Subban.

Not sure if that would be the best offer either.

Everyone says Fil's value is low because he is an upcoming UFA, if that's true shouldn't PK's value be down as well considering that at this point we would just be trading for negotiating rights, and he'll want a long term contract worth about 5+mil/year and a ****-ton of bonuses.
How bout
Tatar+Kindl+ a Pick

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
quincey plus tatar plus sproul plus a 3rd rd pick for subban?

cleary for regeher?

sign hainsey or horton in the offseason

dump miller and white

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Well we've been interested in Suter, Parise, Nash, Weber, Bogosian and Jay-Bo(rumored), so I'm sure if Subban does become available Kenny will at least kick the tires.

Does he pull the trigger, I don't know. In his defense Suter, Parise, Nash and Weber were out of his control for various reasons.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
I posted this in the Subban catch-all thread, but it hasn't gotten a response yet:

:wings
Johan Franzen
Jonathan Ericsson (modified NTC, not really sure what it entails)
Prospect (what are the Habs lacking?)
Mid-round pick of some sort

I'm not too good on the details as I've never really "priced" picks, and I'm not sure what the Habs really need...

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Well we've been interested in Suter, Parise, Nash, Weber, Bogosian and Jay-Bo(rumored), so I'm sure if Subban does become available Kenny will at least kick the tires.

Does he pull the trigger, I don't know. In his defense Suter, Parise, Nash and Weber were out of his control for various reasons.

Nash looked really good last night. Anyone remember what the BJ's were asking from Detroit or was it just never gonna happen due to proximity?

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Something like Flip/Smith/Nyquist/1st

Sounds about right. But then the BJ's trade Nash for a 3rd line center, a borderline top 6 player, a 1st and Tim Erixon. How they were able to get Nash without giving up Krieder, Hagelin, JT Miller, Stepan etc is a joke.

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
Yeah if Nino wants out of NYI because of lack of NHL playing time I'm sure Detroit would be on the bottom of his preferable destinations.

On another note; seeing as Steve downie is out for the season does anyone think Colorado would be more inclined to trade him? I think he could bring a lot to this is team and really toughen up our top six.
How about,
Tartar + a 2nd for downie? Too much, too little?

How about Quincey for Downie? :naughty:

quincey plus tatar plus sproul plus a 3rd rd pick for subban?

The Habs would absolutely demand that Ouellet be included in the deal, so you can replace Sproul with him.

cleary for regeher?

sign hainsey or horton in the offseason

Why would we sign Hainsey? Kronwall, Ericsson, Quincey, and Colaiacovo are signed for next season. Kindl, Smith, and Lashoff are RFA. White and Huskins go to UFA. You've already traded for Regehr, who would be UFA in the offseason but likely retained if traded for. White

So let's look at that defense for a moment before extending anyone but RFAs and Regehr:

Kronwall/Quincey
Smith/Regehr
Kindl/Ericsson
Colaiacovo

Now in what capacity exactly do you think Hainsey makes a good addition to this group? He's a terrible defenseman who currently has a $4.5m cap hit.

dump miller and white

Dump White, but sign Hainsey? You DO realize that Hainsey would be about the 9th or 10th best defenseman under contract to the Wings, right?

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
Sounds about right. But then the BJ's trade Nash for a 3rd line center, a borderline top 6 player, a 1st and Tim Erixon. How they were able to get Nash without giving up Krieder, Hagelin, JT Miller, Stepan etc is a joke.

Dubinsky is a better player than any of the bolded. He's slightly older, but there's no guarantee that they surpass him within the next couple of seasons.

And Dubinsky has a comparable if not better track record than Filppula at center, and he's younger. So keep on calling him a borderline top sixer if you want people to call Filppula that.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
The Habs would absolutely demand that Ouellet be included in the deal, so you can replace Sproul with him.

I think we'd have to be okay moving Oullet if we're getting Subban in return. Also, I think borderline top6er might be apt for Flip if we're talking about him as a center. The guy can hold down the center spot, but he only excels in the top6 if he's on the wing.

RedMachine87

May 20, 2011
A^2
Count me in the group that thinks Niederreiter and Visnovsky would be a great addition. Both are unhappy with their current situation, both fill holes that the Wings need.

I'd offer Tatar + Kindl + 2nd and go from there. Then I'd put them both directly into the lineup:

Franzen | Datsyuk | Nyquist
Niederreiter | Zetterberg | Brunner
Bertuzzi | Filppula | Samuelsson
Tootoo | Helm | Abdelkader (or Cleary)

Kronwall | Smith
Visnovsky | Ericsson
Quincey | Lashoff (or White when healthy, or CC)

That would be a good infusion of youth and help bridge the gap [until Jarnkrok, Jurco, Anthanasiou, Ouellet, Sproul, Mrazek, etc... are ready to contribute]. It also gives Pavel some more Russian companionship; which, in terms of importance, may be blown way out of proportion. But it can't hurt.

I would definitely not be interested in PK Subban unless it's a lowball offer. And if it was, I wouldn't include any of Sproul, Ouellet, Nyquist, or Jarnkrok in the package either. My two cents...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00