Post-Game Talk: The Toronto Fire Extinguishers... Leafs beat Flames 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Huge two points tonight. One more game until a massive break in the schedule.

Mar 26, 2010
Liking the Win, but man... is that sloppy hockey.

They need to tighten up the D and control the puck possession game much more!

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Ugly game but can't complain about the 2 points.

Franson needs reduced ice time or to sit a few, he has single handily given the puck away in his own zone at least 10 times the last 2 days. Just lazy plays, he sees someone coming and tries some weak stick handling instead of shielding the puck with his body or skating.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Who in their right mind keeps seeing that Miley Cirrus link and thinks "yeah, that would be good in a Leafs thread after a win"?? Can we please stop?:rant:

It's the teams victory song. I see no issue, it's very easy to scroll past it. It's not like it's on autoplay when you scroll by.

ungentrified

Jan 18, 2013
Leafs constantly outshot and seemingly outchanced, but somehow coming out on top?
aozEV7m_460sa_v1.gif

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
Who in their right mind keeps seeing that Miley Cirrus link and thinks "yeah, that would be good in a Leafs thread after a win"?? Can we please stop?:rant:

I agree. Please at least don't put it ahead of heave away :facepalm:

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
We really need to start playing better, I'm just happy to be getting the wins now. Hopefully we'll see the boys play a better game Saturday.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
This. Bernier played brilliantly and most importantly, he got the win :vhappy:. All my objections on him have been completely silenced....

Leafs played horribly, but we can use the back to back excuse. Take the two points, run, and when you're far enough in the distance, scream back "**** CORSI!!!!"

What objections :amazed:

Bernier is a franchise goalie. Reimer is also great.

It's kind of like Steve Young + Montana over here with the way they are playing right now.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
It's not the teams victory song. Its crap.

The actual team in the locker room says differently.

You guys are worried what other people think about us? We're TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS fans - I'm pretty sure you wave your right to be offended by what other fanbases think of us when you're a fan of this team. We're #1 most hated everywhere. :laugh:

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Remember all those times when we'd out play the opponent, out shoot them, dominate the possession, but run into the "hot" goalie all the time and be undone ourselves by poor goaltending?

The Flames are more like the Leafs of old then we realized.:laugh:

Credit to them though. They don't have a very talented roster :)laugh: Colborne and Stajan Top 2 centres) but they hustled hard. Sometimes the lack of finish shows through. They definitely "deserved" to win the game, for what that is worth, but we'll take the 2 points.

Very little positive to say about the Leafs tonight. Showed up for about 10 minutes in the Third.

Bernier was sensational and the reason why we won this game. This wasn't just shots from the outside, as is often the case. Our defense gave up a slew of Grade A opportunities and Bernier stoned them cold.

The other positive in my opinion, surprisingly a defenseman, Gunnarsson. He's been an absolute rock for the past two games, despite Phaneuf's struggles tonight.

McLaren looked fine in the box. Hopefully whatever it is, he's alright.

Onto Vancouver. Couple days to do something... anything to the defense in the meantime.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Leafs didn't have much sustained pressure at all tonight. Very ugly game where the win was thanks to timely scoring and mostly thanks to goaltending. Flames were on their heels all night.

Gotta give credit to the Flames. At least they're giving their fans something to be excited about. They're a team that plays like they've got nothing to lose...that makes them a team that can make you pay if you underestimate them.

Bernier was stellar tonight. I guess there are more worse decision for Carlyle to make than which great goalie you're going to use on any given night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad