Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Leafs are beasts

let's go canucks? *barf*

ugh...
yeah. ... let's go nucks... (sigh)

this team. i tell you.

this is the way I'm looking at it: if someone told me the Leafs will make the playoffs but they'll play crap defense - I'll take it and run.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
#WeCan'tStop

fHxnD.gif

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
I just can't believe how the team keeps winning with the way they're playing:laugh:

Looking at the talent in the lineup they should be playing a lot better than they are.
But they can't seem to maintain any pressure in the Offensive zone and keep getting beaten to the puck in the D zone.
The goalies can't keep saving them ...something has to change..cause sooner or later the chances they give up will start resulting in goals.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
What objections :amazed:

Bernier is a franchise goalie. Reimer is also great.

It's kind of like Steve Young + Montana over here with the way they are playing right now.

Doesn't matter. They've been silenced. He stood on his head tonight. He deserves a standing ovation. The rest of the team...thats a different story.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
I've got to say Rielly looks poised beyond his years. Franson looks like the rookie on that pairing and Rielly like a seasoned veteran.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
No slight to Reimer but if he played tonight he would have gotten torched because of his blocker type style and it wouldn't be his fault at all.

Team in front of Bernier didn't play well but he kept his composure, let in very few rebounds and managed to weather the storm.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I've got to say Rielly looks poised beyond his years. Franson looks like the rookie on that pairing and Rielly like a seasoned veteran.

I noticed most of the third Franson completely surrendered touching the puck in favour of Rielly if he was within 30 feet. It worked pretty good, that should be the plan going forward. Chip it to Rielly and watch him go.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I totally forget to mention the curse has been broke both in the Saddledome and with that damn letter 'C'. Daisy can go to work happy tomorrow :laugh:

I also forgot to mention Rielly. The kid is great. He's so poised and his hockey IQ is so damn impressive. It's actually been a bit frustrating that it's Franson that looks like the guy that's dragging down the pairing. Not sure what has gotten into him but maybe Fraser's return might help him out a bit. I don't want to see Rielly sit though...he's been far too good to put in the pressbox. It's says a lot about the kid that at this point Carlyle already sees his value to the team and feels like the team can't afford to lose him for the juniors tournament.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Any time a team wins the second game of a back to back on the road, you take the points and move on.

Our defensive play will gradually improve as the season progresses and as we get healthier. In the interim, these points earned at the start of the season are money in the bank.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
The way Rielly plays...it's time to let him loose. He can easily handle 25 minutes. Franson is dragging him down at this moment.

Bad pinches, terrible giveaways and getting beat to every puck.

Ranger played bad but got us the key EN.

Boat anchors should play together...

Phaneuf and Rielly
Gunnar and Gardiner
Franson/Ranger- Fraser

That's what I hope the Leafs do...

Add some speed to all pairings and Franson and Fraser go back to 15-17 minutes a night.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
The way Rielly plays...it's time to let him loose. He can easily handle 25 minutes. Franson is dragging him down at this moment.

Bad pinches, terrible giveaways and getting beat to every puck.

Ranger played bad but got us the key EN.

Boat anchors should play together...

Phaneuf and Rielly
Gunnar and Gardiner
Franson/Ranger- Fraser

That's what I hope the Leafs do...

Add some speed to all pairings and Franson and Fraser go back to 15-17 minutes a night.
I actually like the look of that d core

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->