OT: The Thread About Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It still fluctuates from hour to hour, but I'm feeling positive at the moment. Hoping to patch things up on Friday with that girl I spoke of. I'm heavily (but cautiously) optimistic that things will work out. Even if it takes a while to get back to where we were.

And I also think good things are coming our way, as far as Devils/hockey related things. Maybe in the next week? Who knows? My hockey predictions have been AWFUL this year. I did get Taylor Hall winning the Hart right, so that's gotta count for something?

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Finally all moved in to my place in Miami.

nice. you should throw a party

scarfacenew.jpg

Reactions: Billdo

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Stumbled on an old Joe Rogan podcast with some guys who climbed Mount Everest and have set up helicopter rescues for people who got stuck. Part of the conversation was how most of the bodies remain since it takes a considerable amount of effort to move them.

Certainly some interesting backstories for some of the folks. One guy held the record for oldest person to do the climb, but had that record broken. He then died trying to reclaim the record.

WiFi apparently is better than I would have expected on the mountain. At least a couple folks in the last decade have died while trying to live stream their climb.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Stumbled on an old Joe Rogan podcast with some guys who climbed Mount Everest and have set up helicopter rescues for people who got stuck. Part of the conversation was how most of the bodies remain since it takes a considerable amount of effort to move them.

Certainly some interesting backstories for some of the folks. One guy held the record for oldest person to do the climb, but had that record broken. He then died trying to reclaim the record.

WiFi apparently is better than I would have expected on the mountain. At least a couple folks in the last decade have died while trying to live stream their climb.

speaking of being frozen in time (ice)….one of the most northernmost towns on the earth is a place called longyearbyen…..they dont bury people there anymore due to never decomposing

theres a short section on the longyearbyen wikipage about it under "unique laws"……its a quirky read.

how do i know this? as ive mentioned before here……love maps

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
You moved down there? What brought you to Miami?

Now you can participate in the misery of getting to watch us lose live in person in Sunrise!:sarcasm:
Grad school, I'm getting my PhD in Marine Biology.

I've been sweating 24/7 and already spotted a lizard in my room, so that's nice.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
speaking of being frozen in time (ice)….one of the most northernmost towns on the earth is a place called longyearbyen…..they dont bury people there anymore due to never decomposing

theres a short section on the longyearbyen wikipage about it under "unique laws"……its a quirky read.

how do i know this? as ive mentioned before here……love maps
thank you for this nugget of info.

I appreciate it

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I've been sweating 24/7 and already spotted a lizard in my room, so that's nice.
Nice! Enjoy! I haven't been to Miami in quite a while, I'm barely ever down there. I live like 4-5 hours from there. The closest I go is Sunrise to see us lose.... I mean play the Panthers! And I stopped going starting last season.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Nice! Enjoy! I haven't been to Miami in quite a while, I'm barely ever down there. I live like 4-5 hours from there. The closest I go is Sunrise to see us lose.... I mean play the Panthers! And I stopped going starting last season.

I expect us to lose in Sunrise this season

But, getting on topic, enjoy the ladies of Miami

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I was amazed at how long Florida is, you don't realize until you drive it. Charlotte to Jacksonville was a longer drive than Jacksonville to Miami.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Finally all moved in to my place in Miami.
What area? I have a friend who is in Brickell and I love it there.

I said to my wife why don't we get a place here? She saud no F'in way. I was like why not...she said your head has been on a swivel the entire time with all these "mommies" walking around...

Conversation ends.

Last edited:

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
What area? I have a friend who is in Brickell and I love it there.

I said to my wife why don't we get a place here? She saud no F'in way. I was like why not...she said your head has been on a swivel the entire time with all these "mommies" walking around...

Conversation ends.
I am a few blocks south of Brickell, my brother (who came down with me to see Miami for a few days before flying back) and I have been walking there for dinner every night. I will be working on Key Biscayne so I waned a place very close to the Rickenbacker Causeway.

Reactions: Aethon

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I am a few blocks south of Brickell, my brother (who came down with me to see Miami for a few days before flying back) and I have been walking there for dinner every night. I will be working on Key Biscayne so I waned a place very close to the Rickenbacker Causeway.
That's awesome. I wish you luck in your new endeavor. I just love new beginnings. :)

Reactions: AfroThunder396
Feb 2, 2009
Manalapan, NJ
Life is absolutely crazy sometimes. My grandmother passed away in January and her house was put up for sale. She and my grandfather were the only people who ever lived there. Found out today my friend's mom bought it and he'll be living there for a while too. Wild.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
I was amazed at how long Florida is, you don't realize until you drive it. Charlotte to Jacksonville was a longer drive than Jacksonville to Miami.

I drove into Florida near Tallahassee, down to Tampa on Rt. 98, and then across to West Palm. It felt as vast and endless as Texas.

Fun map tidbit: Atlanta is closer to Chicago than it is to Miami.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I drove into Florida near Tallahassee, down to Tampa on Rt. 98, and then across to West Palm. It felt as vast and endless as Texas.

Fun map tidbit: Atlanta is closer to Chicago than it is to Miami.

When we drove to Orlando in April we left Nj the night before. Making good time and I got all excited once we got to the Florida line. Then I realized we still had like 4 hours left. Florida is such a long state.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

Wait...I didn't initially catch the "PhD in Marine Biology"....that's even more awesome!
What a place to be a marine biologist...from Okeechobeee straight on down throuh the Everglades that is an incredible ecosystem....Is the red tide issue a hot topic for you now? I'm pretty interested in sugarcane run off issue and the subsequent algea issues...anyway fascinating place and a wonderfully unique environment. Sounds like you are about to have an amazing experience.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I don't like Florida too much (The State)
If you look at places through the eyes of a fishermen the whole world changes a little :) Everywhere becomes a new world to discover. Suddenly you find places as pedestrian as New Brunswick NJ interesting when you explore the Raritan river and try to unlock its secrets.

Something that I learned growing up in Paterson near the Passaic River...people told me to stay away it's a polluted wasteland...it only intrigued me. And when I saw that the distressed river was brimming with life both in the water and along its banks I felt like I had a secret that no one else knew. Still looking for secrets that no one else knows ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad