OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 201: Let's fill it under 6.5 months this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
To build autonomous vehicles.

I hope those 700 like killing 3 millions jobs :p

How could you possibly view $700 million dollars coming into Detroit a bad thing? Man, that is a City that can really use a little Hope for a Change (pun intended)

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
now im getting to wonder…..can i eat fox? :sarcasm:

Dunno what the rules are in Ontario, but we can hunt them here, and people who own chickens tend to have extra motivation. Shouldn't be too hard to find folks you can give the corpses to and they'll skin/tan/sell the pelts. I've never been fox hunting, but I would if I owned chickens, and it's not uncommon that I see them when I'm out hunting deer.

Holy Crap :amazed:

"Ford scraps plan for $1.6 billion plant in Mexico after Trump criticism"

He really did get Mexico to pay for the wall :dunno:

It's a complicated issue. Some will say tariff'ing the hell out of foreign companies to protect American workers should have been done by an American president starting 50 years ago, others will say it's just protectionism run amok. I think both sides have intelligent points to be made.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Dunno what the rules are in Ontario, but we can hunt them here, and people who own chickens tend to have extra motivation. Shouldn't be too hard to find folks you can give the corpses to and they'll skin/tan/sell the pelts. I've never been fox hunting, but I would if I owned chickens, and it's not uncommon that I see them when I'm out hunting deer.

It's a complicated issue. Some will say tariff'ing the hell out of foreign companies to protect American workers should have been done by an American president starting 50 years ago, others will say it's just protectionism run amok. I think both sides have intelligent points to be made.

I don't believe protectionism has a place in the free market...But Correct me if I am wrong here, Trump has not proposed imposing tariffs on Foreign Companies at all....Only American companies importing into the US? - That seems to be a different idea.

I completely shutdown from politics and issues sometime a couple years ago - The fervor and militant POV of people today is too much for me handle.

I like genuine conversation and that doesn't seem to exist anymore. It's only here is my side and you are wrong....That is only acceptable when talking about Kovalchuk in my opinion. Or the Devils in general ;)

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

i dont hunt… i was being completely facetious

was i costa rica in march last year on a boat tour and the guide kept going on about how all his food was from the area caught, angled, picked whatever…..after a while i started to ask "can you eat it?" to pretty much anything he was talking about.

it went over his head

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
How could you possibly view $700 million dollars coming into Detroit a bad thing? Man, that is a City that can really use a little Hope for a Change (pun intended)

So you believe the genie can be put back in the bottle? Not happening.

Here's a guy predicting that children born in 2017 will never drive an automobile.

https://marketbusinessnews.com/kids-born-today-will-never-drive-says-robot-valley-champion/151235

Now he might be a little aggressive on that, but the basic point is valid, "Driverless cars" are coming.

I was being tongue and cheek. But in the end, that's what's going to happen. Although I don't think I will ever trust it. If my car has an IP address and it's going at 70mph, I'm not going to be at the mercy of some schnook in Romania when he decides he will teach some Americans a lesson in cybersecurity

I think driverless cars are about 20 years away, but fully autonomous cars a little further than that. Lots of things to be worked out.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I think this Brave New World is something people have been dreaming about since the 1950's( even though Brave New World was written in the 1930's)...It still hasn't happened and I don't expect it to anytime soon.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Driverless carswill he a disaster

Initially.

Then it will all get worked out like any new technology.

But what is scary is the politicians from XYZ state and city (like Pittsburgh) who are basically playing Russian roulette with their citizen's lives in exchange for millions of dollars from tech companies that make the software & components, and well-heeled, well-known companies like Tesla and Uber, involved with the cars and the car services, etc... There will definitely be some people who die from this before all the "kinks" are worked out.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
i dont hunt… i was being completely facetious

was i costa rica in march last year on a boat tour and the guide kept going on about how all his food was from the area caught, angled, picked whatever…..after a while i started to ask "can you eat it?" to pretty much anything he was talking about.

it went over his head

Haha the chances are probably low, but what did the guide look like? Was he an early 40's white guy from America? I know a guy (more like knew a guy, as I haven't seen him or talked to him in years) that packed up and moved to Costa Rica or one of the islands and became some boat tour guide or something.

Guy packed it up and moved down there to surf and bought this boat to be a tour guide, only a couple years back. I just can't remember if he moved to Costa Rica or Jamaica, which really are not next to each other geographically. So not sure why I can't remember which. He was a big Bruins fan too and still texts my friend (who keeps in touch with him) to bust his balls about the Devils every time the Bruins beat us. Bet he was quiet last night haha.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Driverless carswill he a disaster

At first, I think it could be bad, while the kinks are worked out, but when/if they are found out and fixed, driverless cars could be a good thing, getting rid of distracted and drunk driving, helping keep the elderly who shouldn't be driving now be more mobile, etc. Long run, I think they could save and improve the quality of lives, but short term is definitely risky.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I think there may be the perception of driverless cars being a disaster in that any accident involving one will be made big news. But as we all know, car accidents happen with human drivers everyday.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I think there may be the perception of driverless cars being a disaster in that any accident involving one will be made big news. But as we all know, car accidents happen with human drivers everyday.

True. Cars driven by humans can be pretty dangerous, but that doesn't stop most of us from driving around in them every day.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Attacks like that are becoming the new normal, unfortunately.

I think the fatalities are up to five.

Hope all our users from Florida are safe!

Glad the suspect is in custody.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Fox News is interviewing an eye witness. Guy shows up at baggage claim and unloads on people with a handgun, reloads, fires again. He claims everyone he saw was shot in the head, which is extremely difficult for me to believe unless he walked up to people point blank. Said guy had on a Star Wars tee-shirt was 5"10 to 6"0 with dark hair.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Fox News is interviewing an eye witness. Guy shows up at baggage claim and unloads on people with a handgun, reloads, fires again. He claims everyone he saw was shot in the head, which is extremely difficult for me to believe unless he walked up to people point blank. Said guy had on a Star Wars tee-shirt was 5"10 to 6"0 with dark hair.

I heard his name is Estaban Santiago? Anyone else hear this?

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I heard his name is Estaban Santiago? Anyone else hear this?

I've read that and that he is a convert to Islam...

ETA: I'm also reading he had a military ID and was from NJ. Not sure how much is true. Fastest updates are on Twitter, not necessarily most accurate.

Last edited:

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
This is hilarious - the guy has been in custody for 30 minutes and live shots show people still running across the tarmac as if there's more shooters. WTF is going on.

5 dead, 8 taken to hospital at last count.

They're saying he legally checked the guns into his checked bags in locked container then went to restroom and unlocked them and opened fire.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Fastest updates are on Twitter, not necessarily most accurate.

Not accurate by a mile. That check mark on twitter doesn't mean that it's legit. It means you set up an LLC and have a a company phone and email address.

I wish people would stop using it as a source. Being first is not always the best.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Got the rink back up at my brothers place last night. Took all night to fill, hopefully the weather cooperates this year.

OPJk92M.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad