OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 201: Let's fill it under 6.5 months this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The new "Most Interesting Man In The World" is awful. Bring back the old dude.

Hope he's in okay health and that's not why he was taken off, I don't like the new guy either.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't want to pay him.

Flo from Progressive earns a fortune

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The new "Most Interesting Man In The World" is awful.

I agree. He's lame. No homo here, but he doesnt have that "dey sexy" vibe about him. Now when I see hot 27 year old chicks clinging on a 62 year old guy, it wont be believable.

Hope he's in okay health and that's not why he was taken off, I don't like the new guy either.

He actually retired on his own volition.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Here's something frustrating.

Tonight I'm watching 2 big does funnel in perfectly from 120 yards out, 110, 100, 90, 80, 70, just need 30 more yards to let an arrow fly, but it's clearly going to happen.......then two hipster looking d*******s kids about 20 years old appear out of nowhere and the deer run away. WTH is going for a nature walk at dusk in winter??!?!?!?!?

They denied me some much needed meat for the freezer, as I've only connected once this season. And now I have to worry about them destroying my set-up, because they clearly looked like the, "I'm a better human being than you are and are more evolved and disagree strongly with hunting" sort of people. :rant:

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown

Tonight I'm watching 2 big does funnel in perfectly from 120 yards out, 110, 100, 90, 80, 70, just need 30 more yards to let an arrow fly, but it's clearly going to happen.......then two hipster looking d*******s kids about 20 years old appear out of nowhere and the deer run away. WTH is going for a nature walk at dusk in winter??!?!?!?!?

They denied me some much needed meat for the freezer, as I've only connected once this season. And now I have to worry about them destroying my set-up, because they clearly looked like the, "I'm a better human being than you are and are more evolved and disagree strongly with hunting" sort of people. :rant:

They were trying to smoke some of the marijuana, dog

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

same here…..some old POS started on his horn in a parking lot when i went to buy wine today. i stopped and was waiting for the other person to vacate the spot and the guy behind me couldnt handle it.

i got out out of my old ass 98 tercel and gave his the gesture of "what the ****?! get out out of your car"

**** christmas spirit…..

im dog eat dog

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

Don't pick on the homeless:laugh:

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
They werent homeless. They were more the type who like to pretend that they're homeless and "downtrodden" while wearing their ripped designer jeans and name-brand jackets.

i just tried to count all the generalizations you made based on clothing and needed to bust out my abacus. and your complaint is that they had the audacity to walk by on public property?

if meat is so 'much needed' maybe just go to the supermarket to tide you over

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

Such is life hunting in NJ. Sometimes it can feel like it's not worth it but over the years I have learned to adapt.

Get more mobile with your setup, stop parking in the same place, getting dropped off is even better. Never hunt during vacation days or weekends(unless foul weather is keeping them inside), only go in and come out in the dark. Patterning people is just as important as patterning animals. Never be seen in any sort of camouflage. Do not put any type of hunting related stickers/decals on your vehicle...Why give clues to what you are doing? My treestand placement is often more about people, paths, roads and houses than it is about animals. Over time I've realized how stupid people are (or should I say oblivious and simplistic) and learned to work around them.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
i just tried to count all the generalizations you made based on clothing and needed to bust out my abacus. and your complaint is that they had the audacity to walk by on public property?

And one of them had a perfectly manicured hipster d*******g beard [/Additional generalization]

Get more mobile with your setup, stop parking in the same place, getting dropped off is even better.
Never hunt during vacation days or weekends(unless foul weather is keeping them inside), only go in and come out in the dark. Patterning people is just as important as patterning animals.

I park on private property and then walk in, and this is on land that we lease.

The weekends thing just isn't realistic (although this was a Friday) because that's when I can typically hunt since I work during the week. I probably wont hunt there again until it gets good and cold to alleviate the chances of being bothered. I'd just hunt where I live, but after 6-day the deer where I am go completely nocturnal each year due to the neighbor's who are out there literally every day. After 6 days of that (and then 3 the very next week), I dont get daytime pics until sometime in January. And when I say nocturnal, I literally mean I'm at >500 pics per week, and a total of 0 legal hours pics - literally, not one. Luckily they dont bow hunt, so at least I have September to December.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Such is life hunting in NJ. Sometimes it can feel like it's not worth it but over the years I have learned to adapt.

Get more mobile with your setup, stop parking in the same place, getting dropped off is even better. Never hunt during vacation days or weekends(unless foul weather is keeping them inside), only go in and come out in the dark. Patterning people is just as important as patterning animals. Never be seen in any sort of camouflage. Do not put any type of hunting related stickers/decals on your vehicle...Why give clues to what you are doing? My treestand placement is often more about people, paths, roads and houses than it is about animals. Over time I've realized how stupid people are (or should I say oblivious and simplistic) and learned to work around them.

the bane of my existence man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad