OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 201: Let's fill it under 6.5 months this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
time came for spring cleaning of krackhaus…….5" of straw and leaves and s and p (1 and 2) most composed into dirt over he winter…..

emptied it all so there is now just plywood floor and newspaper to catch the crap…and the litter box is not needed for warmth anymore.

once in a while there would be an egg on the 'insulated floor' ….did the chicken plop it out while perched in sleep? or did it sit there actually on the floor after the timer light comes on in the coop?

well today i got an answer…(there is no timer light as of 3 days also at this point)

open doors and the 5 clucks awake, there is one lone egg on the floor done…..they jump down and want to suck it back….

i have to left hand igloo the thing so they cant get at it (as i dont want them to get a taste for raw egg and then actually peck and bust open their own in the nest boxes…….chickens love to eat al the time)

all the while unlatching the swing up door out with my right and shoo them outside...

….i keep the egg even though is oozing and mushed.

(insert 12 hours 'dedicated' to the working at a job)

….evening and 2 beverages into erasing the last 12 hours i decide to crack whats left of the egg into…onto? a shovel and propane torch it from bottom and top back and forth and mixing with a putty knife.

still a useful egg …they ate it …..

of course they would:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad