OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 193: Baby Names and Aruba Nights

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
So if you want to get away with stuff, I can safely say Cowbell isnt in a position to care.

Well, least he was when I last saw him.

Currently on 25straight hours...good times!

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Movies are now aimed at 15 to 23 year olds. Explosions, CGI and special effects etc..... Plot? Not necessary.

Unless the market changes and more mature people start making up a larger percentage of the audience, the Hollywood studios are still going to cater to young people. Something like 50% of the US movie audience is under the age of about 30 IIRC. That's young! It's a business afterall.

The success of that film "The Butler" immediately invalidates this theory, I think. Nobody under 30 saw that, but it was still tops at the box office for like three weeks straight. You can still find quality if you look for it, but good movies are just a bit harder to find now with all the big budget action crap being pumped out.

The first ever Minotaur V rocket launch is tonight.

I think that's an awesome name for a rocket. The NASA folks have always had great imaginations for their naming schemes, even if they are usually borrowed from Greek or Roman mythology. Apollo this, Saturn V that, Atlas the other thing. Very cool.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
This girl I'm seeing. We kinda made a bet. She has no allegiance towards any hockey team but her family is a bunch of Rags fans so the bet we agreed to is that that we go to the Devils/Rangers first pre-season game and whoever wins she has to be a fan of.

I hope this doesn't bite me in the ass. :laugh:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
The success of that film "The Butler" immediately invalidates this theory, I think. Nobody under 30 saw that, but it was still tops at the box office for like three weeks straight. You can still find quality if you look for it, but good movies are just a bit harder to find now with all the big budget action crap being pumped out.

I think that's an awesome name for a rocket. The NASA folks have always had great imaginations for their naming schemes, even if they are usually borrowed from Greek or Roman mythology. Apollo this, Saturn V that, Atlas the other thing. Very cool.

even better then those names..... the first space shuttle was named enterprise. now that's awesome.

speaking of the space shuttle, to me it will always be the VW beetle of space exploration. :)

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
This girl I'm seeing. We kinda made a bet. She has no allegiance towards any hockey team but her family is a bunch of Rags fans so the bet we agreed to is that that we go to the Devils/Rangers first pre-season game and whoever wins she has to be a fan of.

I hope this doesn't bite me in the ass. :laugh:

I dont see why peopel want their other to be into hockey. Just more time you are stuck with that person.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Given the egregious (and horrible IMO) historical inaccuracies that have been reported, I'm not sure that can be called "quality". The real life guy's life certainly seems fascinating enough without having to "invent" horrible stories around it to fit a certain ideology. I wont be seeing it.

even better then those names..... the first space shuttle was named enterprise. now that's awesome.

speaking of the space shuttle, to me it will always be the VW beetle of space exploration. :)

I was little, but I can remember being huddled around the TV with my family for the landing of STS-1.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So I volunteered in the county parks system today clearing/cleaning birdhouses, and I had to make an eviction.

He looked pretty surprised.

fdq2.jpg

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I dont know if there's a new species of mosquito that's pushed it's way north, but I've seen some HUGE mosquitos in New Jersey this summer, and I just killed a mosquito that's approximately 2.75" to 3" long, like I've only seen in Florida before.

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
I dont know if there's a new species of mosquito that's pushed it's way north, but I've seen some HUGE mosquitos in New Jersey this summer, and I just killed a mosquito that's approximately 2.75" to 3" long, like I've only seen in Florida before.

I found one in my house in NJ that was huge too. Scared the **** out of me.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I did get bit more than usual

Between coaching baseball and hanging out in backyards/outdoors, I got some solid bites throughout the summer....normally never use bug spray but it was almost a necessity this summer for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad