OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 193: Baby Names and Aruba Nights

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
10yrs of Devils STs?

Put it in an account that actually earns interest and perhaps you'll get 11 maybe even 12 out of it.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Never been a fan of drinking in class. I get too antsy and want to leave :laugh:

One time I put beer in a gatorade bottle. Silly sophomore me.

Sophomore year - huge lecture hall for some class - maybe history, can't recall. A few of us went to the bar on campus to kill the hour or so between classes before our final afternoon class then had the genius idea to take bottles of beer in our backpacks into the hall and drink through the lecture. Nothing but the voice of the professor lecturing which made the CLINK CLANK CLANK *ROLL* noise of glass on concrete absolutely apparent to everyone what we were doing when my buddy kicked over his empty beer. I sunk back in my seat and tried not to laugh out loud and ended up sneaking out a few minutes later.

2nd worst sophomore idea ever.

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
That's awesome! Good luck to you!:handclap:

Haha, thanks. I've had to deal with people constantly saying "You're next" because my dad happened to win the real lottery the year I was born too haha.

Wow, that's awesome!

It is. One of my dreams is to buy Devils ST. Now I can make it come true much earlier then I ever would have guessed.

Or buy 10 for one year because you know the devils are broke and have no fans

I'd rather just get a suite for a game lol

Or put it in a retirement account and retire early!

Some of it will probably go to that lol.

10yrs of Devils STs?

Put it in an account that actually earns interest and perhaps you'll get 11 maybe even 12 out of it.

Note, thats 10 years of Season tickets in the uppers which if I somehow bought season tickets for the next 10 years, I'd still have plenty of money to put away :)

I may just end up getting a 13 game plan this year and then go to a few games in the clubs. I'm certainly sitting on the glass at some game this year.

NC107*

Today was a bad day, SS check $1,450 and today the dogs meds for 5 months cost $300, would never give her up, she is all I have, and my meds for 90 days with a max. per prescription of $70 cost $600. Great to be old. Can't wait for next month. Lets Go Devils bring me some excitement, score some goals. Schneider become number 1 quickly, please.

Lets Go Devils

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
economics or finance?

Today was a bad day, SS check $1,450 and today the dogs meds for 5 months cost $300, would never give her up, she is all I have, and my meds for 90 days with a max. per prescription of $70 cost $600. Great to be old. Can't wait for next month. Lets Go Devils bring me some excitement, score some goals. Schneider become number 1 quickly, please.

Lets Go Devils

Glad to hear your pooch will keep on truckin' :handclap:

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

Lets Go Devils

Every time I see your name I think it says NCC1701 for a second and expect some cool star trek reference but you never deliver. :(

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The first ever Minotaur V rocket launch is tonight.

Even though this thing takes off from VA, it packs enough kaboom-pow that we should be able to see it in Jersey given it's supposed to be a clear night.

I used to watch nighttime Space Shuttle launches all the time when I was in college, and although this wont be anywhere near as spectacular, I'm still looking forward to it.

The Minotaur V will carry a payload containing NASA's Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment Explorer spacecraft cargo ship that will travel to the moon to test the lunar atmosphere. The experiment will attempt to find a reason why lunar astronauts reported a glow on the horizon 40 years ago. The five-stage Minotaur V is scheduled to launch at 11:27 p.m. Friday, Sept. 6 from the Wallops Island facility along Maryland’s Eastern Shore region. About 40 seconds later, New Jersey residents should be able to see the Minotaur V at about 5 degrees above the horizon. The Minotaur will travel eastbound and continue climbing until it reaches about 20-25 degrees above the horizon, according to NASA estimates.

ladee_launch_viewing_map_courtesyorbital_090613.jpg

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Tonight's a "GO" :handclap:

10:45pm briefing - "Conditions outstanding" for tonight's launch from the Mid Atlantic Coast of LADEE to the moon. "We have absolutely nothing that'll stop this launch" they said of weather on earth and in space.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Just saw it, pretty cool! Had a great view of it going out over the ocean. I thought it was done for a minute and then boom (2nd stage I guess), a giant flame and the thing just accelerated out of sight.

Exactly!

And for the people further south in VA, MD and DC etc...., they could see the 3rd stage ignition too.

I think it's amazing how parabolic it was. And the fact you could see the smoke trail for several minutes afterwards even though it was almost 200 miles away!

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Exactly!

And for the people further south in VA, MD and DC etc...., they could see the 3rd stage ignition too.

I think it's amazing how parabolic it was. And the fact you could see the smoke trail for several minutes afterwards even though it was almost 200 miles away!

I don't know how far it was away when I lost it but it covered about 110 degrees of sky from launch till I lost it, it covered a lot of ground in a hurry. That big ass flame was pretty sweet, wish I had a good camera.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I don't know how far it was away when I lost it but it covered about 110 degrees of sky from launch till I lost it, it covered a lot of ground in a hurry. That big ass flame was pretty sweet, wish I had a good camera.

Ditto. I was a dumbazz and tried to capture it on a cellphone. :(

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So.... this just happened a few hours ago.......

The U.S. government on Friday approved Shuanghui International Holding’s bid to buy iconic U.S. pork producer Smithfield Foods in what would be the biggest Chinese takeover of a U.S. company to date.

The merger joins Smithfield, the world’s largest pork company, with China’s biggest pork producer, in a deal valued at about $7.1 billion, including debt. “This transaction will create a leading global animal protein enterprise,” Zhijun Yang, Shuanghui’s chief executive, said in the statement.

That's a lot of pork!

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I just got my Neptune Apex in the mail yesterday. Currently reading the online manual. Wow. My head is spinning. I don't know if there is anything in the entire house, let alone the tank, I can't control with this thing.

Yeah, probably no one here knows what I'm talking about, but it's cool. I'm still excited about it :laugh:

http://www.neptunesystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Comprehensive-Reference-Manual.pdf

Just read I could connect a webcam and actually visually monitor my aquarium 24/7 from anywhere in the world!

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I don't know if there is anything in the entire house, let alone the tank

You probably have a fish in your tank that's purchase price was more expensive than all the fish in my tank combined.

As beautiful as saltwater tanks are, that's the main reason I've kept freshwater tanks my whole life.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Bruno Mars is going to be the Superbowl act?

Wow. Usually they go with someone way, way, way^7 more famous than that, with a substantial number of hit songs.

This guys only been around for like....2 or 3 years. Weird. :dunno:

What's next, Katy Perry for the 2015 Superbowl :dunno:

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
I'm at the Barclays Center for a concert and I'm not impressed by the arena. Acoustics aren't that great since there's an echo, concourses seem dark and arena is small. Don't know how hockey's going to work here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad