OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 189: Remembering Mogilny 100 Years From Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

onefatsurfer

I speak in code
Feb 10, 2009
Jersey Shore
Awesome. Have fun!

We definitely will. We're still trying to figure out what we should do.

Should we:
A. Hike the Kalalau Trail
B. Backpack through Haleakala National Park
C. Go to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park

I would really love to do Kalalau, but it's dangerous and Steph is a klutz and will probably fall off the cliff. I am kinda leaning toward HVNP at the moment, to be honest. I'd love to go to Mauna Kea to do some stargazing, too.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

Should we:

I would really love to do Kalalau, but it's dangerous and Steph is a klutz and will probably fall off the cliff. I am kinda leaning toward HVNP at the moment, to be honest. I'd love to go to Mauna Kea to do some stargazing, too.

just be careful if you take a hike out on a lava flow (don't go at night because it looks cool)

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=711727n

onefatsurfer

I speak in code
Feb 10, 2009
Jersey Shore
Haleakala is ****ing amazing, too, and there are two main spots in the park to backpack.. inside the crater and on the south side of the volcano. Both are absolutely breathtaking.

DSC_0261.JPG

Inside the crater

DSC_0460.JPG

Stars

oheopools_f.jpg

South side of the park

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area

Should we:

I'd go with C mixed with some D.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
And the predictable post-Boston overreactions have begun.

Guy detained by police in Philly because he was wearing camouflage at Independence Mall :facepalm:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...ious-person-near-independence-visitor-center/

another link from that story was good news however. Gives me hope the fake twitter twits from the bombing pretending to be the bomber will get something.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...-fake-report-of-explosives-aboard-us-air-jet/

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Haleakala is ****ing amazing, too, and there are two main spots in the park to backpack.. inside the crater and on the south side of the volcano. Both are absolutely breathtaking.

DSC_0261.JPG

Inside the crater

DSC_0460.JPG

Stars

oheopools_f.jpg

South side of the park

Amazing...There has got to be fish in that river :)

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Was it fishing related?

Not catching related but capturing the moment related. On CBs recommendation on got a Canon EOS 20D. Not really something ill carry with me in the creek when I'm fishing, but im looking forward to getting back into photography a bit.

On an unrelated note, I walked another 12 miles last night at work.

yakitate304

Crunch Time
Oct 23, 2007
NY
Speaking of fish... Just grilled up some tilapia with lemon pepper and panko (crustless bread crumbs). Fantastic.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
I've always heard about how nice Hawaii is, and I see this great pictures of it... but it's so far down on my list of places I'd like to see I can't compare. Maybe I just don't get the appeal?

onefatsurfer

I speak in code
Feb 10, 2009
Jersey Shore
I've always heard about how nice Hawaii is, and I see this great pictures of it... but it's so far down on my list of places I'd like to see I can't compare. Maybe I just don't get the appeal?

Hawaii is a fantastic place to visit. It's got so much to offer tourists.. Excellent beaches (obviously), hiking in the rain forest, mountains, fishing, high adventure activities, historical sites, quality food, cool native sites, great shopping districts, etc. I would say that Hawaii is better for people that are into hiking than for people that like beaches, even. You don't need a passport or have to deal with changing money or speaking a different language, either. It's very accessible.

I honestly think that Hawaii is the best honeymoon spot on the planet. Probably one of the most spectacular hiking areas you can find, too.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Gives me hope the fake twitter twits from the bombing pretending to be the bomber will get something.

I havent heard any updates on this, but yeah, there were 2 in particular that got some notoriety, and 1 of which the Boston police took seriously. Hope they catch the idiot(s).

On an unrelated note, I walked another 12 miles last night at work.

How long was your shift?

I'm kindof in the same boat. Beautiful, but too many other places I'd rather visit.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Hawaii is a fantastic place to visit. It's got so much to offer tourists.. Excellent beaches (obviously), hiking in the rain forest, mountains, fishing, high adventure activities, historical sites, quality food, cool native sites, great shopping districts, etc. I would say that Hawaii is better for people that are into hiking than for people that like beaches, even. You don't need a passport or have to deal with changing money or speaking a different language, either. It's very accessible.

I honestly think that Hawaii is the best honeymoon spot on the planet. Probably one of the most spectacular hiking areas you can find, too.

For you and what you guys do, yeah, but it just doesn't appeal to me. I love being out of my comfort zone. Different money, language, food, everything. I also am not a big hiker. I'd rather see a church or pub built in the 1600/1700s, or some art that was drawn hundreds of years ago, or drink or eat something that most people from where I'm from will never see or understand. Different personalities is all.

I'm kindof in the same boat. Beautiful, but too many other places I'd rather visit.

I'd a big 'culture' person, and I've come to realize a bit of history buff. Something tells me you're the same way.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
In the past year I've spent more on Tottenham merchandise than Devils/Giants/Cubs/Red Bulls combined. Times are changing and that meerkat is so cute :3

fj8CasC.jpg

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I'd a big 'culture' person, and I've come to realize a bit of history buff. Something tells me you're the same way.

Pretty much. Would rather go to Switzerland, Germany, Norway, Africa, Japan, etc..... a bunch of places.

I dare you to not tense up while watching this:

I'm 50:50 on whether or not that one car actually tried to hit them.

I work a 12 hour shift.

Gotcha, that explains it. Was thinking maybe your pedometer was broken or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad