OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 189: Remembering Mogilny 100 Years From Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
True, but you have to admit that there's things that are really suspicious, especially the lady they showed that supposedly died in the Sandy Hook event, and that supposedly died in the bombing.

Whatever, RIP for all those who died

it's some weird stuff, for sure, i just won't trust it for a second until something more reputable than a blog post shows it to me. the weirdest thing to me is the backpack with the white square on it, though i never saw the original context of those photos, so i can't pass judgement on that.

i'm just generally pretty skeptical about conspiracies.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
After working this weekend with the New England Revolution whose keeper's father in law got seriously hurt in the bombing I can't take any conspiracy theories on it seriously. It's just edgy teens with too much free time trying to stir the pot

Not because someone got hurt that it will automatically not be "conspiracy"

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I don't want to start a debate but...

0_62_320_fetzer.jpg

its-a-conspiracy.jpg

Houston, we have a wacko!

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
it's some weird stuff, for sure, i just won't trust it for a second until something more reputable than a blog post shows it to me. the weirdest thing to me is the backpack with the white square on it, though i never saw the original context of those photos, so i can't pass judgement on that.

i'm just generally pretty skeptical about conspiracies.

I'm totally agreeing with you , but do you really think that mainstream media would put out information of that kind?

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I'm totally agreeing with you , but do you really think that mainstream media would put out information of that kind?

of course they wouldn't. i'm a communications major with a focus on media studies, and i can tell you mainstream media is a farce when it comes to reporting anything besides what whichever political party they are aligned with wants them to. at the same time, citizen journalism is a dangerous thing to put faith in.

the reality is we'll probably never know if the story we're being told is the truthful one (that goes for pretty much every news story, honestly) but until i have indisputable proof otherwise, it's the story i'm believing.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
something doesn't add up about saying "not to start a debate, but..." and then debating anyone who disagrees.

Fact of the matter is, like was said above, we're never going to know the full story. And we never do. Take enough pictures and you can utilize some to support your rhetoric, be it true or otherwise. And I tend to doubt ever picture we see, supporting either side of this, isn't 100% authentic either. Again, you use the evidence you have to support your side of the story. I'm sure there were plenty of other people with backpacks there too, maybe even some that resembled any of the ones pictured on the suspects, or these other people that the conspiracy theorists point out. But if it doesn't fit the narrative, it doesn't get noted. Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Dis-proven? where? there's not even one drip of blood on the floor whatever

His name is Jeff Bauman. He is not that army officer. They just look alike. He has a picture with Bradley Cooper who visited him in the hospital last week. Jeff said that he saw the Tamerlan dude drop a bag near his feet and he looked right at him.

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/04/19/news/nation/boston-bombing-victim-who-had-legs-blown-off-helped-identify-suspects/?ref=latest[/URL]

I don't know about any of that other stuff. I'm not a conspiracy person by any means so I'm not really gonna go into a whole thing here. The blood is probably all over the bomb site and they just took a while to get the wheelchair for him. I actually don't wanna know where the blood is because that *** damn picture is making me queezy.

By the way the 2 dudes admitted to the guy they car jacked the other night that they were the bombers. That's been documented already.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I don't want to start a debate but...

http://imgur.com/a/Nx8EU

Garbage, just like almost all conspiracy theories. I can spot numerous flaws in their reasoning about the photos.

True, but you have to admit that there's things that are really suspicious, especially the lady they showed that supposedly died in the Sandy Hook event, and that supposedly died in the bombing.

Whatever, RIP for all those who died

Or the news network screwed up and ran the wrong picture by accident. Never ascribe to malice what can be explained by sheer incompetence.

There were three deaths from the bombings and none of those people looked like that woman.

onefatsurfer

I speak in code
Feb 10, 2009
Jersey Shore
No legs has tourniquets on the stumps to prevent him from bleeding out. The abundance of medically trained personnel there saved countless lives because they acted fast and knew what to do. The people that put the tourniquets on that man are probably doing the same for someone else when that picture was taken and probably just told the people in this photo to take him to an ambulance or to the nearest hospital. There wouldn't be much blood if he had tourniquets on, because they cut off all blood flow...

onefatsurfer

I speak in code
Feb 10, 2009
Jersey Shore
Also, those that were helping medically wouldn't waste their time taking someone to an ambulance since they had thousands of other people willing to help that aren't medically trained.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
RG- what do you think, photoshop-wise? I wouldn’t doubt our government would do this, but I still find it hard to believe. not that hard though

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I got an email again last night from my friend the 78 year old professor.... apparently this whole campus shooting stuff has bothered him quite a bit so he wrote: paraphrasing

Dear friend life is fleeting and I would much appreciate if you and your wife would join me for dinner to share this special bottle of 1970 Lafite.

Oh yeah!

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
so this week I learned…

-I have $1000 in visa cash credit cards due to me cuz of points accumulated. I also have a deal for a 9 day, all inclusive vacation to Jamaica, where I have never been, for $1090 dollars. a match made in heaven. or I could get a 50’ HD Smart TV…decisions.
-I was offered a job through my company in the UK. sounds interesting, and I hate this country. sooo, maybe? especially considering how much they are willing to cover my travel expenses, rent over there, breaking the lease here, etc. also, decisions.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
so this week I learned…

-I have $1000 in visa cash credit cards due to me cuz of points accumulated. I also have a deal for a 9 day, all inclusive vacation to Jamaica, where I have never been, for $1090 dollars. a match made in heaven. or I could get a 50’ HD Smart TV…decisions.
-I was offered a job through my company in the UK. sounds interesting, and I hate this country. sooo, maybe? especially considering how much they are willing to cover my travel expenses, rent over there, breaking the lease here, etc. also, decisions.

Where in the UK? If they're willing to cover some of your stuff, do it without thinking twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad