OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 188: The Ken Holland Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
If I pay more on car insurance for being a young adult male, I should pay less on health insurance for being in good shape.

In fact, that is the case. There are discounts for being relatively healthy, and severe penalties for being overweight or a smoker. At least that's true for the health insurance through my job.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
you wouldnt have the Kingdom?

you wouldnt have an overstock of glue?

you wouldnt be rich on supplying England meat?

quit leaving me hanging.

...I wouldn't have spent that year in college.

As in giddyup giddyup, let's go, and a degree granting institution.

The next morning they find you dead in your bathroom.

20748-42782-6.jpg

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
This massive bouey or whatever the hell it is washed up on the shore this weekend, look at the dog to the left of the picture and it'll really show you how friggen huge this thing is

882969_10151279992322371_1974566784_o.jpg

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
This is a curl up on the couch and read a book kinda day...screw this weather and the headache it gave me!

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm trying tofu for the first time tonight. It's currently marinating in a crazy concoction I thought up of beef stock, soy sauce, oyster sauce, ginger, garlic, onion, green onion, toasted sesame seed and five spice. Gonna stir fry it with a bunch of veggies and put it over rice or udon. Hopefully it tastes as good as it smells.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
how is mcdonalds not doing a ‘do the shamrock shake’ viral marketing initiative? it could be as easy as showing 1 shamrock shake at an empty macdonalds, then when the harlem shake part starts, showing like 7000 shamrock shakes at the same restaurant?

Semak

As in giddyup giddyup, let's go, and a degree granting institution.

The next morning they find you dead in your bathroom.

20748-42782-6.jpg

All the candy corn that was ever made was made in 1911.

I'm trying tofu for the first time tonight. It's currently marinating in a crazy concoction I thought up of beef stock, soy sauce, oyster sauce, ginger, garlic, onion, green onion, toasted sesame seed and five spice. Gonna stir fry it with a bunch of veggies and put it over rice or udon. Hopefully it tastes as good as it smells.

That sounds fantástico.

There's no such thing as soy milk, it's soy juice.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
good guess.

CPC markings = Climate Prediction Center of the NOAA.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/

It was an easy guess. It couldn't be old, because the rope was in too good and clean shape, so it was probably wasn't an anything from WWII or earlier. Considering there hasn't been any eastern seaboard Naval activity since then - save for drills - it wasn't military related. Civilians wouldn't really have markings like that, and there'd be a news article about a ship big enough to have that on board going down.

All that was left was a weather buoy - because the channel markers in NJ are red and green.

how is mcdonalds not doing a ‘do the shamrock shake’ viral marketing initiative? it could be as easy as showing 1 shamrock shake at an empty macdonalds, then when the harlem shake part starts, showing like 7000 shamrock shakes at the same restaurant?

GENIUS.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

:laugh: Not too late to make your own viral video.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ

Not a huge fan of tofu but have had it and tried it a few times...tofu takes on the taste of whatever you're making and that concoction sounds amazing!

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
So on the bus to work today, some black woman shoved me for getting in her face and hit me with her umbrella getting off. Another guy watched this and said that she was entitled cause she's black. There was a lot of uncomfortable passengers to say the least.

Bus driver then tells me he'll be doing the route again Thursday and he's got my back and will watch the woman if she's unruly or anything. I'm just trying to get to work :facepalm:

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
So on the bus to work today, some black woman shoved me for getting in her face and hit me with her umbrella getting off. Another guy watched this and said that she was entitled cause she's black. There was a lot of uncomfortable passengers to say the least.

Bus driver then tells me he'll be doing the route again Thursday and he's got my back and will watch the woman if she's unruly or anything. I'm just trying to get to work :facepalm:

Where do you work??

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

:laugh: i used to bus into work in the city..i made it a habit to fall asleep every morning and to watch a movie on the way home, so i wouldnt notice all the idiots.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

Amber lamps?

Was this your bus driver?

Picture_11.png

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

Why did you get in her face?

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey

Im-In-Your-Face-367x500.jpg

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It is very easy to trigger a fight-or-flight response in certain places out of some people.

Some people have a strange set of rules and circumstances for what constitutes being disrespected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad