OT: The Thread About Nothing CCXI: The Thread About Everything Besides Hockey and COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Had to bring my dog to the vet again today. They think she has lymphoma which sucks. Just waiting on the tests to make sure. Probably bringing her in again tomorrow to get a biopsy directly done on her stomach.

hoping not at an unmanageable stage of that’s she does have it.

Crossing my fingers for you. Poor pup. Hope she's well.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
Just got the call I was dreading. My dog def has cancer. It spread to her lymph nodes. If we get the ulcer and infection down she can start meds to help her out and she can have 6 months.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Got out on the golf course yesterday, finally. Shot a 42 (only played 9). I'll take it for not having played in so long. Left a bunch of putts out there...

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm quite sure I would be happy if all I did was fish every day for the rest of my life:

96854039_10122578576059474_4306993268853309440_o.jpg

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Awesome did you tape him? He looks like he's push 20''. I have off next week going up to the upper Delaware. Can't wait.

Nah, didn't measure. I honestly didn't really want a picture, but my buddy insisted. I only agreed because the fish wasn't too tired out and was fairly calm.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Nah, didn't measure. I honestly didn't really want a picture, but my buddy insisted. I only agreed because the fish wasn't too tired out and was fairly calm.
That's a nice fish...it's always nice to have a pic for the memory. I have been keeping them in a net in the water lately to snap the pic...but I take pictures of everything. Bugs, birds, the stream and bank...I really enjoy going back a year later and remembering a certain day.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
That's a nice fish...it's always nice to have a pic for the memory. I have been keeping them in a net in the water lately to snap the pic...but I take pictures of everything. Bugs, birds, the stream and bank...I really enjoy going back a year later and remembering a certain day.

I hear ya. I've just never been that guy. I love taking pictures of nature, but don't like being the subject. And I've never been one to care if anyone knows I caught anything either. But the fish are pretty, so I don't mind showing a couple now and then if I'm forced to be in a couple.

Reactions: Out of Business

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
fun on weekly outings for groceries and booze…

i saw that someone put a mitre saw on the side of the road with a sign that read "FREE"

im driving by and i think …."**** it…..ill stop and take it"

///

…i get home and plug it in, hit the trigger…………..'gerrr…gerr…..'

the breaker trips…...

the blade wouldnt even spin by hand when it was off

so….might as well drive back to where i got the thing and put it right back? yes!

…until i couldnt remember which of the three driveways it was on and didnt want to look like i was leaving 'garbage' at someone else's curb……

….i took it home (again)……..then thought…….shit…….ill take it apart and fix it

………….turned out that some thin brittle plastic crap from within the saw that deteriorated jammed the motor…….still a couple of hours with all the remembering of the sequence and sorting of parts/screws

…all mechanical…….basically a teardown to the core with cleaning and some cutting away of said extraneous crap

///

it was fun for a motor fixin' virgin

Last edited:
Reactions: OmNomNom

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
fun on weekly outings for groceries and booze…

i saw that someone put a mitre saw on the side of the road with a sign that read "FREE"

im driving by and i think …."**** it…..ill stop and take it"

///

…i get home and plug it in, hit the trigger…………..'gerrr…gerr…..'

the breaker trips…...

the blade wouldnt even spin by hand when it was off

so….might as well drive back to where i got the thing and put it right back? yes!

…until i couldnt remember which of the three driveways it was on and didnt want to look like i was leaving 'garbage' at someone else's curb……

….i took it home (again)……..then thought…….shit…….ill take it apart and fix it

………….turned out that some thin brittle plastic crap from within the saw that deteriorated jammed the motor…….still a couple of hours with all the remembering of the sequence and sorting of parts/screws

…all mechanical…….basically a teardown to the core with cleaning and some cutting away of said extraneous crap

///

it was fun for a motor fixin' virgin
And now you have a free saw. Doing stuff like that is the best if you have some ability to fix stuff. Most people don't and throw things out for no reason. I snagged a grill that a neighbor had put out. A big 5 burner type. One of the burners was rotted out and the tank was seized onto the hose. Replaced burner and got new hose for propane and had a new grill. I love fixing stuff though.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
And now you have a free saw. Doing stuff like that is the best if you have some ability to fix stuff. Most people don't and throw things out for no reason. I snagged a grill that a neighbor had put out. A big 5 burner type. One of the burners was rotted out and the tank was seized onto the hose. Replaced burner and got new hose for propane and had a new grill. I love fixing stuff though.

yep, free is always great …..on a related note i bought a full sized dewalt back in the fall for super cheap with a stand (for actual jobs) but its too big for quick setup and for space for my wood shop out back……this little 10" saw is perfect for back there, light and easy to store under in a cabinet

so, i look at it as 2 saws for $565

..and ya, love fixin' and buildin' shit too :thumbu:

Reactions: Billdo

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Anyone here a kayaker? I'm thinking of getting a fishing kayak for some of the smaller lakes/ponds around here. Would love some recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad