OT: The Thread About Nothing CCX: Pet Emporium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Noice. I'm going to have to check that out.

Now that I think about it, maybe I should delete that post because the song might get deleted from history as part of the Cancel Culture we live in. It is after all, all about Santa using an Italian Donkey to pull his sleigh instead of a Reindeer :laugh:

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
This song led me to investigate this band. They've become my favorite of the year by far. What an amazing talent. Not sure how they're not signed yet.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I mean, I consider myself to be from Central Jersey.

When I get confused is when people from South Jersey consider themselves to be from Central Jersey.

As for north/south, the state is just a cursive 'J', draw a line through the middle & you have your North & South Jersey as defined by the RED line.

Though the philosophical problem I have with this is that people dont start "acting" like North Jersey until you get to about the BLUE line.

Capture.jpg

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I mean, I consider myself to be from Central Jersey.

When I get confused is when people from South Jersey consider themselves to be from Central Jersey.

As for north/south, the state is just a cursive 'J', draw a line through the middle & you have your North & South Jersey as defined by the RED line.

Though the philosophical problem I have with this is that people dont start "acting" like North Jersey until you get to about the BLUE line.

Capture.jpg

I'm heavily involved in the discussion on Twitter now and I'm of the mind that South Jersey starts south of Toms River. That's where things start to get a bit more Piney.

Northern Ocean County is basically Monmouth County.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
I put the border between North and Central at the Raritan. New Brunswick and Princeton are Central Jersey. Perth Amboy and Piscataway are North Jersey.

I don't know the border between Central and South, maybe the Ocean/Burlington county line? Or maybe a line from roughly Bordentown to Toms River?

Reactions: Bleedred and tr83

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
What's it like?

I'm listening to a Police Scanner in the area. Wild stuff. Heard about them deploying a sniper team up in a building.

Stay safe

The parade of cops I watched down Kennedy Blvd. from my window included Jersey City, State Troopers, Hudson Sheriff (with the ESU ambulance bus and everything), North Bergen, and Union City.

There's a helicopter still circling the area south of my building, and still plenty of sirens in the distance. Haven't heard any gunshots [probably just out of earshot, especially inside] but you can definitely *hear* something going on.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
What's it like?

I'm listening to a Police Scanner in the area. Wild stuff. Heard about them deploying a sniper team up in a building.

Stay safe

they put snipers on top of a school near by. Apparently started in a cemetery and then ended in a Jewish owned bodega on Wegman pkwy.

shooting stopped since they apparently dropped the two shooters.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Had to work in the City on Tuesday. First time in the Freedom Tower. Was a little surprised by how overwhelmed I was being there. Took me half the day to not be completely distracted.

I noticed that the vast majority of the people working there seemed so young...I get my industry and the City in general is a young persons game but I spent a large portion of the day wondering if it was because they simply were never affected by it?

Tuesday was a dreary day and I started the day taking pictures in the rain at the reflecting pool of the name of my wife's relative who was lost at the Pentagon... probably not the smartest way to start a day that require me to spend 9 hours on the 60-somthing'th floor.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
have any of you EVER heard of this? It's insane.

I didnt know there was actually a "full" movie rather than just the clips that aired in the original episode. Had to look up the why, and apparently it was meant to be the full episode, but they went a different direction.

Writer Novak cites the episode as the "most conceptually ambitious" in the show's history. More than half the episode consisted of footage from the film. Originally, the producers considered showing just the movie, but they felt that it "would feel like a gimmick or experiment", and so it was decided that the film would be intercut with shots of the office reacting to the film. In order to make the film seem as if Michael had created it, the film used was colorized in post-production to make it seem as if it were of a cheaper quality than the normal high-quality film that the series used.

EDIT: Reading more about this, it's crazy how much time & thought they put into the continuity of this thing.

Last edited:

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I didnt know there was actually a "full" movie rather than just the clips that aired in the original episode. Had to look up the why, and apparently it was meant to be the full episode, but they went a different direction.

EDIT: Reading more about this, it's crazy how much time & thought they put into the continuity of this thing.
I was very late to this show but having seen what I thought was every episode and then this popping up yesterday I was shocked. This was so outside of the normal realm for them.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Ideally:

Valentines: Whenever. Me and my better half don't go out for it anyway. Too crowded.
Halloween: Whenever. Though parents of kids may like weekends better. Parties happen on the weekends regardless. This year there were parties both weekends!
Cinco De Mayo: Saturday. My buddy is Mexican and throws a huge Cinco party annually. We get absolutely hammered.
4th of July: Friday. Whole three-day weekend of BBQing and drinking.
Christmas: Wednesday or Thursday. Your boss won't make you come in for one day of the week unless your boss suuuuuuuucks.
New Years Day (Jan 1st): Friday is perfect. Three day weekend to sleep off the hangover.

Christmas and New Years Day being exactly 7 days apart throws my plan into havoc though.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I just learned there's going to be a 4th Matrix movie coming out, which kind of surprised me given the ending of 3 seemed to seal the deal & explain the (then) trilogy.

Also learned that on the same day Matrix 4 comes out there will be another John Wick released, which seems kind of funny to me. I guess KR will be everywhere summer 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad